or Connect

Posts by Jeetz

In my experience (ACER irons & woods), the club quality is excellent. Their technical staff who put the clubs together are very adept and helpful, based on my calls with their tech support staff.   Clubs are actually pretty simple at the end of the day. A head, shaft and grip. You pick the shafts & grips that you want (e.g. Aldila, Fujikura, True Temper, Project X, UST Mamiya, etc. Then you choose a clubhead...note almost all clubheads are produced in the same...
Hey Chuck, I recently tried all of the major game improvement irons that are available: Rocketballz, Titlesist, Mizuno, Adams, Callaway, Ping, etc... I thought the Mizunos were nice to hit, but a bit uninspiring to look at. So the Titleist AP1s were the clear winner for my swing. The swingweight, shaft, minor offset, "unchunky" looking face, coupled with the forgiveness/sound/feel of the face was amazing. I'm a mediocre golfer and I find it hard to do any wrong with...
Most stock club shafts will have a softer tip section of the shaft to produce a higher ball flight - which sounds the case with your irons. This gives a nice feel for the average golfer who has a mid-swing wrist release and doesn't flex the shaft aggressively.    All of the project X shafts (5.0, 5.5, 6.0, etc...) are designed for better golfers who want a piercing (lower) ball flight, because they have no issues striking the ball to get it airborne. That means the...
The distance is a function of swing-speed and loft. Think of a garden hose: depending on the amount of water flow applied (swingspeed),and there will be an ideal angle (loft) that will get the water to travel the furthest distance. Too low or too high and you lose distance. For the sake of simplicity, let's control other variables (e.g. shaft is suited for your swing, ball is the same, and assume that we hit the ball in the sweet spot every-time.   With a 90 mph...