or Connect

Posts by ottor

I received this tip a long time ago from a teaching pro .... helped me so that putting is the best part of my game. ...... As you know, golf is a mental game, so it's OK to play mental games.  There's something about rolling a little ball, not only on the right line, but the right speed where it'll get there just in time to drop into a hole.  -  That's a lot to think about.  What he told me is that it's easier to "Hit" something..  He suggested that instead of a hole you...
Wondering if a custom shaft for my TM R1 driver would help improve my drives..  I'm 67 yrs, 245lb, 6', and have an 9 hcp.  My average drive is about 265 - 270.  I currently have an Aldila RIP Phenom 55g R flex shaft.  I have the head set on Neutral with a 9.5 loft.   I've never thought of changing shafts until recently, when 2 diff pro's (lessons) mentioned in passing that I have a pretty good swing, and perhaps a custom shaft could provide some improvement.  -  I dont'...
Trying to find a good, lightweight, rain suit that's truly WATERPROOF, not water resistant, and - here's the biggie - it has to really be breathable.  Had an old suit that was wonderful, but ripped and I got rid of it without seeing what brand it was (bought it many years ago and just took it for granted) ...  Went and bought a jacket/pants - lightweight "Red Ledge" ..... fine for walking around but the minute I sat in the cart, my butt was soaked.  Knew I was going to...
Never happened to me yet, but if it did, I'd pull out my wallet and suggest a couple of bucks on the game !!  
Recently I normally shoot 39 - 41 for 9 holes on my home course..  Wanted to take a St. George, UT vacation for a week and play on various courses, so I played every day at home for 4-5 days to practice...  (Didn't want to pay big prices and shoot crap).  Took off and played 5 days out of a 7 day trip.  Sand Hollow = 81,  Coral Canyon = 75,  Sky Mountain 77, and another I can't remember = 75....  Came home Sunday,  and Monday evening I played in our normal League night...
Used to play the ProV's and changed out mid year .... went to the Bridgestone E6 yellow and noticed no difference in my scores...   3 weeks ago we had our League playoffs, and I purchased and used 6 for $7.00 "SpongeBob" balls ...  Team mates were a little dismayed and gave me a bunch of sh*t, but .... we won and placed first.  My score was, again, an average score (39).   Yes, balls are different, but I don't think they really end up making very much difference in the...
After 26 years of collecting Child Support for a State agency, and now - finally - retired !!  What a breath of fresh air !