or Connect

Posts by Tee2Trees

I recently pulled a shaft from a modern Adams fairway wood because it seemed WAY too flexible for a "stiff" (this was an Adams TL Supershaft, probably from a box set) and I discovered it was fiberglass!  No kidding, I had to cut it at the hosel and the soft glass fibers were all over the place.  No carbon in this one anywhere.  I get that they don't specify "graphite" anywhere on the club but I thought for sure that was obsolete tech.  I guess some factory in China figured...
Dunlop is better quality than Wilson (non-staff) and all the other department store brands.  I have a lot of their clubs in my backup bag.  Foremost irons (by Dunlop) are as good as any cast CB and are typically a ripoff of some well-known design (mine are basically a cleaner-looking Big Bertha).  I also have a beautiful "Hexsert" #9 putter and a 60 degree Vokey wannabe wedge.  One I thing I have always noticed is that the grips they put on are quality items so they feel...
Credit due for getting the speed right but that break at the end looked a little suspicious.  I can putt lights-out into a funnel too.
 This is one of the ways Patrick Reed cheats.  He uses a 2014 Pro V1 on par 5's for more distance and a 2012 Pro V1 on par 3's for more spin.  All his former college teammates know about it but the USGA hasn't caught on yet.
I still use a Wilson 1200LT 55 degree "SI" that my dad bought me in 1992 from Kmart to fill out my high school set.  I am convinced it is every bit the club as a Vokey wedge.  The design is timeless, as it looks just like a modern Vokey, and the finish is still excellent after well over a hundred rounds and just a re-grip.  Don't believe the hype (for wedges).
It's a tough question with all the options out there.  First, what is the best/easiest/most-accurate 3 wood off the tee in stock form?  Callaway 3deep would seem to fit the bill with it's massive head.  But this is also designed to be a low-spinning club so it could be more demanding than a high-lofted driver.  Next, what is the best/easiest/most-accurate driver off the tee in stock form?  That sounds like a 12 degree variant of some driver with a 45" length like a...
The trick is in the premise of the question, where the option to "switch" doors is thrown in as a "twist".  An equivalent proposal, worded differently, would be the following:   “Suppose you’re on a game show, and you’re given the choice of three doors. Behind one door is a car, behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say #1, and the host says "Would you prefer to choose both of the other two doors instead of just the one you selected?  Switch and I will give you the...
I think the tale of the missing $400 lacks credibility.  I would like to hear Reed's account of everything surrounding that.  First of all, why would a golfer leave that kind of cash in the locker room?  Was it in a wallet?  In an open locker?  Then why would Reed flash money around the next day?  Heck, why would Reed flash money around for any reason at all unless he truly did win a bet against a professor who would back his story?  Then why would a professor bet money on...
I'm used to hearing that the overlapped "Vardon" grip is the most popular on tour with a few notable exceptions (namely Tiger and Jack) who use the interlock.  Well it seems that now when I watch golf on TV, the interlock might be taking over with the likes of Rory, Bubba, Hunter Mahan, and I'm sure dozens of other familiar names.  Heck, even this week's leader Martin Laird was shown to be an interlocking-grip guy.   Taking a bit of inspiration from these top...
I think this is all just a marketing stunt.  Next week he is "spotted" with a full bag of Nike Vapor Speeds all the way through sand wedge and then goes on to win the next tourney with his new GI setup.  Interview goes something like"Gee, I guess it was just these old-fashioned clubs holding me back.  Everybody should go get fitted for the new Vapor Speeds!"