or Connect

Posts by Tee2Trees

I checked my eBay watch list after a couple of drinks and pulled the trigger on a set of Ping Zing 2 irons 4-SW listed in value condition for a price that you would expect to pay for an old beat-up set of these.  Proceeded to spend the week regretting doing that as I really could use the money a lot more than I need more golf clubs.  Well they came today and...OMG awesome!  Original G Loomis G382 graphite shafts with original Ping CORD grips in a condition that ranks...
Well I can't believe I'm explaining this, but you have to time your swing so you hit the ball in the center of the face while it is falling from the sky.  If you start too early you will hit the ball off the crown of the club which will damage it, and since we know there are probably less than a half-dozen of those pink bimatrix g30's around that have been made for Bubba, he probably didn't miss on too many attempts!  But please, try it with your own driver and report the...
You are correct in that everybody understands the dudeperfect enterprise is a bunch of regular gym rats who do dozens of takes to get one shot that looks good on video.  Same idea with all the the various college-level audition tapes.   But this is Bubba, easily one of the world's 5 most famous golfers, using his very limited signature pink driver in between rounds at a tournament.  Do you really think he was out there whiffing on 50 takes before he got that...
Amazing.  The little flop shot into someone's hand is a hell of a lot harder than he makes it look, and then of course the drive...one failed attempt at that by swinging early and he needs a new driver.
First question is whether they are graphite or steel.  But regardless, I'd say Wilson uniflex is like most other OEMs plain "stiff" rated shafts.  Usually the flex (uni vs stiff) isn't going to cause contact issues but the weight might.  However, almost everybody's irons comes with ~100 gram shafts these days.    Maybe try standing closer to the ball to cure the thins?
I like to see some personality.  You're watching golf on TV after all, so how could you not?  Reed and Bubba especially.  I'm sure his caddy will be able to heal his bruised ego with the 6 figure paychecks Bubba wins for him.  Sorry to hear it if he intends to change anything.
It's because they play a trick on your mind and make you rotate your wrists faster and flip through the release.
You might like it for the look, for the shape of the face, for the sound, for the weight, for the shaft length, or for the set-up.  Or all of the above.  Probably not many other drivers share all of those attributes, but poring over the manufacturer specification sheets might help you narrow down the options.   One other option that might be the closest to a Callaway DOT is the Callaway FTiz Tour.  I think it might be a little more forgiving (and makes a neat "thwack"...
Pretty crazy, I know.  I got it from a prominent ebay seller (rhymes with malice golf) that seems to deal in a lot of Adams prototype gear.  It's a 5 wood, the head is nice, but the shaft, marked "s flex", felt like a senior or soft-regular at best.  The shaft has the Adams golf logo on one side and the other side says "Supershaft tight lies plus lightweight 70 gram FW".  So I started by pulling the grip off and found just a layer of regular one-sided masking tape under...
I recently pulled a shaft from a modern Adams fairway wood because it seemed WAY too flexible for a "stiff" (this was an Adams TL Supershaft, probably from a box set) and I discovered it was fiberglass!  No kidding, I had to cut it at the hosel and the soft glass fibers were all over the place.  No carbon in this one anywhere.  I get that they don't specify "graphite" anywhere on the club but I thought for sure that was obsolete tech.  I guess some factory in China figured...