or Connect

Posts by Tee2Trees

The Cobra is nice being loft adjustable because in a sense you can pick your shaft length by either turning down a 3/4 or turning up a 2/3 (I suggest going the 3/4 route for a shorter playing length).  That being said, I tried one but I had trouble with it going left (pull/draw for a righty) so I stuck with my open-faced Nike VRS.     Pings are always top-notch but I have never tried their hybrids.
Your 116 mph swing speed puts you among the 50 longest-hitting pros on tour (this week): http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02401.html And I'm fairly certain that every one of those guys uses a true X-flex shaft in the driver.  Why wouldn't you go with the same type of equipment that wins tourneys?  Is there an issue with de-lofting the head at impact?
Largest hybrid head ever made is the Cobra S3 Max, and they paired it with a relatively short shaft for this category so on paper I think that makes it the easiest (but offers little feedback on the quality of your strike).     For fairway woods the easiest I've come across is the Adams Super S.
The quality stuff is reserved for the Wilson Staff brand.  The department store stuff is sold under "Ultra", "Prostaff", or plain "Wilson" monikers.  Which isn't to say you can't score well with department store clubs but there is no resale value in them which hurts Wilson Staff by association.  I've found Wilson non-Staff gloves, in particular, to be of noticeably poor quality which doesn't exactly leave me racing out to buy "Staff" gloves when I can just grab a Callaway...
Well in that case I'd probably take a minute to give some swing tips to one of the range rats.
Seeing as this is a par 5 I decide to go for a little extra distance and discreetly click my driver down to 7.5 loft (so as not to bother my playing partners).  I tee it higher than normal and give it a little extra leg kick to help clear my hips.  Unfortunately I seem to have overpowered my noodle-like OEM "stiff" shaft and the result is a screaming overcooked-draw headed toward the neighboring fairway on the left-hand side.  Seeing as I might need extra time locating my...
I have a set of Di11 irons.  I gotta say, I love looking down at them and the feel on a flushed shot is super sweet.  The offset is moderate, the top line is sorta thin, and I don't even notice the fat shaft other than the fact that it makes the top line look thinner than it actually is.  The feel is like a trampoline sensation -- really nice compression.  Stock grips are among the best.  Lofts are a club strong even by today's standard so the 8 iron is really a 7, etc,...
BOOM!   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Woods-Set-Nicklaus-Dualpoint-ML3-1W-8-5-TM-200-Steel-4W-Stiff-Graphite-RH-/351261798095?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=85y9kWxvBg9sseNxaYE9k6PHLM8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
This is broad generalization and a dubious one at that.  Yes, swing speed comes mostly from technique rather than brute strength.  However, muscle strength is still a factor.  The biggest hitters on tour do tend to be the guys with the most athletic physique.  I tried to qualify my earlier explanation of the potential benefits of the weighted club by specifically saying more muscle might help some people.  If you are relatively young and your technique is spot on and you...
 That's like the one I have but with a different head on it (mine has a solid weighted driver head). To reiterate: this is a weightlifting device, not really a scientific swing trainer.  Treat it as such.  If you spend off-days swinging it with maximum effort, you will build muscle in your forearms, back, wrists, etc, all of which could help you on the course. The question becomes one of whether building muscle in these specific areas will help your golf game.  Some people...