or Connect

Posts by Tee2Trees

If you're playing i3+ irons you're probably not looking for max forgiveness on off-center contact, so in that respect newer irons aren't going to be "better", just different.  However, if you want more forgiveness in a clubhead that is exactly the same size I would bet the Ping i20's or later would give you that by virtue of the tungsten weight in the toe.  Simple physics at work there.  Then there are the taylormade/adams designs with the slots which probably work to some...
If you only have the 6 and 7 irons then you can sell them for about $10.  On the other hand if you have the Driver, 3W, 3h, 4-W, UW, SW, LW then it would be about $500.  Unless they are all Maroon dot which makes them worthless.  Hope that helps!
I have an RBZ Tour 9-degree set to standard, and an Adams Super S set to 11-degrees flat. The RBZ launches higher than the Adams, and a visual inspection of the two looks to me like there's more loft on the RBZ head. Vanity specs to be sure. They go about the same distance but for now the RBZ Tour is straighter.
If you already have G15's (with the right specs) you will not find anything that offers any more forgiveness than that.  Just add practice.  Preferably off real turf.
I've noticed the growing legion of players who have adopted a cross-handed putting grip and I wonder if anyone has tried keeping their grip the same but using an opposite-handed putter?  Seems like it would be functionally equivalent in terms of the stroke.  Within the rules?
Wow, her swing plane looks really flat!  And her club looks really long in proportion to her height.  And her ball looks more like an oval than a circle...     But seriously, that Jason Day chunked drive is the best thing I've seen all day.
Wow you guys are nuts!  I just owned a 32" putter for all of a week.  It came with a jumbo grip.  I normally use a 33 or 34 but picked it up as an experiment since it was cheap, and found that it did not improve my alignment and the swingweight was light enough that it was having trouble keeping it steady during the stroke.  I suppose I could have worked on it and the weighting, etc, but I figured if I'm comfortable at 34" and can learn to improve with that then my back...
Wilson broke the mold with their Di9 irons.   http://www.wilson.com/dyn/golf/ws_specs/usa/di9.asp   Comes with a 42.5 degree PW, so they offered 2 gap wedges to fill the gap -- a 46 degree A and a 49.5 degree G (notice this still leaves a big loft gap unless you use a 54 degree SW).  Also, the shafts are longer than standard by at least 0.5".  So basically, it's a mis-numbered set of irons that have upright lie angles.
Three characteristics seem to define GI irons vs players irons:   - Large face/sweet spot   - Wide sole   - Offset   I happen to be with you in thinking that none of these features should preclude a player from being able to draw or fade the ball.  The ball flight laws tell us that path vs face angle determine the curvature, period.  None of the above characteristics should affect one's ability to control face angle vs path.  The other end of "working the ball"...
They teased the datalogging driver a while back, maybe it's finally ready.  I would prefer to use a separate SS radar but I suppose it would be cool to DL the speed/path/angle numbers from your round when you get home.