or Connect

Posts by Tee2Trees

They teased the datalogging driver a while back, maybe it's finally ready.  I would prefer to use a separate SS radar but I suppose it would be cool to DL the speed/path/angle numbers from your round when you get home.
I bet you can find a Dunlop for way less (haha j/k).  Get the Bio Cell+ it's $100 better than the other two.
My home course is 6366 from the "tips" which includes a couple of super long 210-ish par 3's.  Works out great for me now and I suspect will be still playable into old age.  A lot of short par 4's but they keep the par 5's honest (500+ yds uphill).
The first one on their list: GOLF PRIDE CP2 WRAP/CP2 PRO Is a gold medal recipient.  I recently had my driver gripped with the CP2 Wrap.  I can normally pretty much get along with anything, and this is supposed to combine soft feel with durability and features some kind of low-torque technology (control-core).   It was absolutely horrendous (for me)!  The rubber formulation they chose allows a lot of twisting in the right hand, almost as though the grip is on loose. ...
I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver   Martin Kaymer  -10 Patrick Reed    -10 Eric Compton   -10
People who are struggling to pick up the game don't card whether the final score on the cards reads 100 or 150.  It's about hitting solid, memorable golf shots.  Tee it forward is good in that it gives the geezers a better chance at having a short iron into the green after a good drive, but for the rest of us it just takes the fun out of it because a good drive is "rewarded" with something less then a full shot of any kind into the green.  And with the advent of the 460cc...
You might benefit from a flatter lie angle.  Players commonly spec the wedges flatter to prevent digging, as it helps to keep the heel out of the turf.  It can also encourage you stand a little further from the ball which will flatten your swing plane.
Thanks for your inputs.  Perhaps I should have made my case in one of the Taylormade "hack golf initiative" threads (assuming there is one).  I think people would get most of the benefit TMAG was going for without the need for introducing special clubs and a 15" hole, just upsize the ball!  Personally, I'm fine with the challenges the game presents on its own, but many of the issues newbies face could be mitigated with the option of playing a bigger ball.  It must be...
About two minutes to the clubhouse if I walk, four if I drive. Happens to be across the street and a bike path from my house.
Tell me if you've experienced this commonly deflating experience on the course: new to golf or fresh off of an extended layoff, the golfer finds himself out on the course just trying to keep pace and not embarrass himself.  As the round progresses, confidence builds until finally a perfect drive is piped down the middle setting up a reasonably short approach to the green.  Brimming with excitement and suddenly sure of swing, the golfer proceeds to chunk the next shot...