or Connect

Posts by FooFader

@jballard388 , If your ball speed was correct at 170mph then you could maybe squeeze you 10 more yards with optimal launch numbers but for a 155-165mph ball speed then that would be a good carry distance.   A good tool to play around with is flightscope optimizer, it lets you plug in some launch numbers and see what happens!    http://flightscope.com/products/trajectory-optimizer/
Yesterday's results where pretty crazy! Fingers crossed Liverpool can take 3 points this afternoon to capitalise on Man city slipping up against stoke
I recommend you heed this advice @webb1522 . This game is hard but it is a lot of fun! I would say as someone new to the game forget about birdies! Play with the mindset of bogey is good, par is a bonus but try to keep anything more than double bogeys off the card.   One of my favourite sayings I've heard is simply, "Par is good, just make pars"... I think it came from Mark Crossfield actually 
Thanks for the advice. I do backup but probably not as regularly as i should... I currently back up the system to my external hard drive once a fortnight and both my system image and my data onto dropbox every week. I do often forget though.
Now that I can get a solid state drive (SSD) with 250GB storage for under £120 (about $200 for everyone else in the US), I'm seriously considering upgrading my laptop with one. I've read numerous reviews that seem 100% positive, you get faster boot, longer battery life, cooler and quieter system.   Currently looking at this...
Listening to Royal Bloods album, a great rock album IMO. They are doing very well here in the UK. Also just purchased Ed Sheeran's new album on recommendation of my sister. I'll give that a listen this week.
I usually warm up by stretching for a minute or so. I then hit putts for 5 minutes to try and get i feeling for the green speed that day, although we all know a lot of putting greens play nothing like the greens on the course... I'll then move over to the warm up nets just behind the first tee and take some easy swings with my gap wedge, working my way up to full shots. i'll only hit maybe 10 shots but without much time in between, it's not practice after all.   Then i...
No saying you're right or wrong but just because someone CAN hit it X distance doesn't tell you much about handicap nor now good their long-game is. Also a lot of people here would argue that long game ability is always holding you back but that's OT. Also which driver do you play? I don't think i've ever seen anyone i know play the driver off the deck shot with and sort of success.
Seems logical to me  I think though, as you say, it is splitting hairs. Just use whichever you feel most comfortable with. Yes the extra 10 yards is a good weapon to have, but i know a lot of very good players choose  a 4W over a 3&5W to save that space for an extra wedge or just because that little extra loft gives them that little bit more confidence in hitter the straighter off the deck and from the tee.
I do feel sorry for him really. He was such a good young player at Madrid and then came to liverpool and was practically a god. Then got snapped up by the big money offers and has never really had a good game since. Sad to see him struggle so much and almost become a villain at chelsea.