or Connect

Posts by PDilyard

Haha I figure I may as well just keep doing what works. I'll look at my grip more closely and make sure it's not in my palm later tonight
So here's a weird problem. I've searched the internet and cannot find anyone else with this problem.   When I swing with just one glove on my left hand, I have a hard time making good contact with the ball. I often blade it, no matter what iron I'm using. On impact, I can feel the club slip in my hands and it feels like I may let go. Sometimes the club will even rotate so that the club face is maybe 15-30 degrees closed. With one glove, I almost never hit it as far or as...
Alright guys, thanks for your recommendations. I'll definitely try out the slower backswing, eliminate the knee dip during my backswing, and check out the "The Seven Minute Rotator Cuff Solution." Thanks for your help!!
It happened twice. I changed something in my swing and it hasn't happened since. If you Google it, you'll find that some people dislocate shoulders with a lot less stress than swinging a golf club. After it happens once, it's more likely to happen again. And it's more common in young people from what I've heard. So cut me some slack. But I just don't think it's a reason to stop playing. It happens to a lot of people in other sports. All my doctor recommended was to do...
Actually, I think I already fixed the problem that was causing my injury. I was picking my left heel up off the ground on my backswing. Ever since I stopped doing that I haven't hurt myself. If I thought my injury would keep me from playing, I'd get the surgery to tighten the ligaments in my left shoulder. But you have to remember, I'm 18 so I'm invincible :P Tomvk77, I think your idea may help. I do dip down during my backswing. Would starting with more knee bend be a...
It's not that I don't trust my swing...it's the fact that I've dislocated my shoulder slightly twice this year playing golf...the first time I hit it very slightly fat, the second time (about a month later) I was hitting my driver and it happened somewhere between the end of my back swing and the point of contact with the ball. So I think my swing is ok, its just that I always have that thought in the back of my head. I'm starting to keep myself from holding up with my...
Would it help to have a video or two?
I don't hit a wood anymore, but when I used to, I would have the same problem I'm having now....I could never hit my woods without a tee. I don't think I have the sweep mentality, but when I hit my irons I don't really think about swinging down at the ball either, so I'm not really sure. When I do try thinking about compressing the ball against the ground, I usually end up hitting too fat. Do you guys think this is something that could be fixed with a full bucket of balls?
This year, I bought an Adams Idea 3 Hybrid. I can hit it beautifully off the tee...straight and maybe about 210-220 yards.   Obviously, hitting off the tee is a lot easier than hitting off the ground, but I'm usually pretty good with my longer irons out of the fairway. I have a little trouble with my 4i, but my 5i has been great recently.   The hybrid, however, is causing some major problems for me.   I do one of four things, ranking from most common to least...