or Connect

Posts by Skenny

Looks pretty darn good to me. Obviously, if you can figure out how to turn two or three of those doubles into bogeys, and one of those triples into a double, you're in the mid 80s, beating the pants off most golfers I know, and beating my brains out. Did your "others" come on Par 5s, or Par 3s, or did you miss fairways right, more than left, etc.? With a little such analysis and remedial action such as hitting 3 or 5 wood from tee instead of driver OOB, you get your three...
Thanks very much for the feedback. I have been made aware of the excessive hip slide, it used to be worse. My teacher called me "Elvis".    Regarding depth in the arms, I looked at the "deep hands" thread, and understand what you are saying. I will work on that. For some reason, in a practice swing, I see the clubhead come straight through the impact point.Then I hit a ball, and the divot is sometimes oriented 15 degrees left of the ball. or I have tee marks on the...
I've been Playing Golf for:​  30 years, but tried to get serious about 1.5 yrs ago My current handicap index or average score is: about 100 (Score, not Handicap) My typical ball flight is: fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fat Hits   Sorry about "dead time" and video clarity, I'm learning, and my better camera is out of commission. Of five swings, face on and down the line, the last two are short irons which were fat hit, from about...
Update from OP on Lob Wedge:   Kept the club around and have had some fun "lobbing" at pins tucked behind greenside bunkers, from 15 - 35 yards. Gaining consistency, probably due in part to my proficiency at missing greens, and historical fondness of short irons.   The point about avoiding over-use is not lost on me. If I have any kind of surface to work with, I'll putt from 30 yards and in..........I'd use a pool cue if I could.
Sorry if someone has already offered this, and allowing that the approach may be different for some of the better golfers..... But for an "average to below' hacker like me, here are the fundamentals of hitting a 2-iron:     - Grip the two iron with your dominant hand (Right for Righty, Left for Lefty).    - Position yourself, back to target.   - Begin counterclockwise spins (clockwise for Lefty) in the fashion of an Olympic hammer throw.   - Make sure you are...
Can't offer much help beyond what's already been offered, particularly if you're already scoring in the mid-90s. In fact, I would like to be as consistent as you. It has not been uncommon for me to par the first hole or two, play the next twelve without a par, and maybe even birdie # 17 or 18, en route to a 101 or 104 for the day.    I rarely keep score,any more, just play for the shot, and if I can put three or four together, note pars or the rare birdie. I do...
Probably should have looked here first:   http://thesandtrap.com/t/38163/what-wedges-should-a-beginner-have-in-his-bag   My answer was there........I need a Gap Wedge, not a Lob Wedge.....
I just got my first lob wedge. Historically, short irons have been the least crappy part of my game, but I can't strike the ball cleanly with this wedge. Seems the flat angle does away with potential ball-contacting surface.It's like paddling a boat with a machete. Does a 30 handicapper have any business with one in the bag? Thanks for feedback.
Most notably during practice swings, I have noticed there is a jerky spot a little beyond the impact point where it feels like my swing has bottomed out. It seems like it occurs at the transition from the straight left arm to the straight right arm and/or turning my hands over. I suppose it could be due to the lack of resistance in a practice swing, and I’m not trying to fix a practice swing, but I wonder if it is normal, or on the other hand, undesirable and translating...
Took 48 strokes over nine, yesterday. It felt a little ugly and unlucky until I tallied the scorecard and saw that I had bogeyed 7 of the 9. I am typically pleased with that consistency, but struggled from 100 yards in, on the Par 5s and missed greens on par 4s, largely due to thick rough, and super slick greens. Hit 3/7 fairways, only 1 GIR, which, of course, I 3-putted. .   On the plus side, I played a short Par 3 course twice during the week, did not score...