or Connect

Posts by Skenny

Al Qaeda plot...... related to surplus of sand.....
During a mini-vacation last week, playing nine one evening, 3-over through 4 (Good for me).... # 5 is a Par 5 dogleg Right:   1- Tee shot entered the bunker I aimed at in the dogleg, thinking I wouldn't hit it if I aimed at it. 2- Clean lie, and a lucky swat at it left second shot on the fringe, in front, no more than 12-14' from the pin.  (Here is where the initial sin was committed, as I'm thinking Eagle or Birdie). 3- Third shot, chip, goes several feet beyond. 4-...
Check that loft on my 9 H, should have been 37*, the new 7 H I just bought is 34*..,.. doesn't look like I can squeeze an 8 H between them.........
First, congrats Rkim and Isuk....... Low 90s is good. Strandly, do you have and are you using any hybrid clubs. I have been so impressed by them that I am loading up.... just got a 9 hybrid with 34* loft, and just came in from the range where it consistently went similar distance to my 8 iron. I already had 3 and 4 hybrid, that more than replaced my 3 and 4 irons. I think I'm going to invest in a 6 or 5 hybrid next. High ball flight, and soft landings that will hold the...
I play so badly that I can probably instruct better than I play. Like someone else said, "when I do hit one right", I have typically done something similar with my arms to what you described. Although I try to keep my left arm relatively straight during my backswing, and my right elbow nearly "pinned" to my side through contact, when I hit a good ball, I usually don't sense my arms doing much of anything. If I ever feel like they are doing something, the result is usually...
Looks pretty darn good to me. Obviously, if you can figure out how to turn two or three of those doubles into bogeys, and one of those triples into a double, you're in the mid 80s, beating the pants off most golfers I know, and beating my brains out. Did your "others" come on Par 5s, or Par 3s, or did you miss fairways right, more than left, etc.? With a little such analysis and remedial action such as hitting 3 or 5 wood from tee instead of driver OOB, you get your three...
Thanks very much for the feedback. I have been made aware of the excessive hip slide, it used to be worse. My teacher called me "Elvis".    Regarding depth in the arms, I looked at the "deep hands" thread, and understand what you are saying. I will work on that. For some reason, in a practice swing, I see the clubhead come straight through the impact point.Then I hit a ball, and the divot is sometimes oriented 15 degrees left of the ball. or I have tee marks on the...
I've been Playing Golf for:​  30 years, but tried to get serious about 1.5 yrs ago My current handicap index or average score is: about 100 (Score, not Handicap) My typical ball flight is: fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fat Hits   Sorry about "dead time" and video clarity, I'm learning, and my better camera is out of commission. Of five swings, face on and down the line, the last two are short irons which were fat hit, from about...
Update from OP on Lob Wedge:   Kept the club around and have had some fun "lobbing" at pins tucked behind greenside bunkers, from 15 - 35 yards. Gaining consistency, probably due in part to my proficiency at missing greens, and historical fondness of short irons.   The point about avoiding over-use is not lost on me. If I have any kind of surface to work with, I'll putt from 30 yards and in..........I'd use a pool cue if I could.
Sorry if someone has already offered this, and allowing that the approach may be different for some of the better golfers..... But for an "average to below' hacker like me, here are the fundamentals of hitting a 2-iron:     - Grip the two iron with your dominant hand (Right for Righty, Left for Lefty).    - Position yourself, back to target.   - Begin counterclockwise spins (clockwise for Lefty) in the fashion of an Olympic hammer throw.   - Make sure you are...