or Connect

Posts by Draftstone

Thanks a lot for that reply! Will start to work on that and will post another video during summer to show the progress of my swing and to see what I could try to improve next!
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 7 years (but the first 6 years, were only 3-4 rounds per year, started "seriously" last year My current handicap index or average score is: playing between 95 and 105 My typical ball flight is: fade (with the occasional slice, but quite rare) The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I hit a lot of fat shots (maximum 100 yards carry with 6 iron when I usually carry it around 160-165 when hitting it clean)   I've...
I took lessons in the past month and for the adress position, the pro was simply telling me that once you put the clubhead behind the ball, if you let the shaft of the club come down and touch your leg that is forward (left for right handed golfer, right for left handed) while keeping the clubhead behind the ball, the tip of the shaft should touch just a couple of inches under the middle point between your hip and your knee (toward the knee). That way, it is pretty easy to...
Hi!   I just realized I never did an introduction thread!   So I am 28, from Quebec City, Canada. I am a video game network programmer. I started playing golf about 7 years ago, but only started playing regularly last summer. Before it was only 2-3 rounds per year, and I played something like 25 rounds last summer. I also play left handed, the only one I know in everyone I play golf with, so everytime I miss a shot, you can be sure I hear someone say: you should try...
Thanks for your feedback, and you are totally right. My post was aimed to people that are aiming to shoot lower scores and I wanted to provide an easy way to drop a high score by a couple of shots, forgot to mention that.   Golf can be played for a lot of reasons, and I hope fun is one of them. If someone is having fun trying to replicate awesome shots they saw on tv, then they should play that way!   So I would add to my previous post, if your goal (not what you say...
The 2 things I am working on right now that will help me lower my score a lot (still not to scratch level, but we have to start somewhere).   - Inconsistent distance (far from perfect hits on the clubface). No matter the club, I can't have a consistent distance. Off the tee box it is not a really big problem unless I have to go over water or a bunker, but with short irons, I miss the green a lot too short or too far. (for example, with my 7 irons, I hit 50% of my shots...
Hi!   This thread is mostly towards high handicapper, but low handicappers, feel free to pitch in! And it is based solely on personal experience, so your expericen may vary, but I think this could really help a lot of high handicappers around.   Some background. I live in Quebec, Canada and I've been playing golf seriously for only one year. This winter I decided to play at an indoor simulator facility at least once a week (impossible to play golf under 6 feet of snow...
I already started to bring one of my friend in the world of golf.....   I knew he was somewhat interested in the game since he was asking me what I played when he knew I was going to play golf last summer. Right after the holidays, I was booking some lessons for late january and I was able to convince him to come and take the same lessons. He found a used golf bag on internet (I am lefty so I can't lend him any clubs) and he signed up for lessons. He took one so far and...
Quebec City here like Golden.   We are quite lucky this year, only a couple of days under -30 celsius (that's -22 farenheit for those in the US) and about 6 feet of snowfall according the the weather service.   If it continues like that, we should be able to golf in early April, temperatures are quite "hot" for February (-10C / 14F) and there is not much snowfall announced in the next 2 weeks, so with some luck, most snow will melt in late March. I hope so!
I just tought it could be easier to always do a full swing that goes farther than the pin and roll it back afterward, but maybe I am wrong.Anyway, since I can't put any backspin on any shot yet, I simply try to judge the correct swing speed for the distance left if it less than 60 yards.