or Connect

Posts by Draftstone

Do we post progress update here?   If so, my intended target has got his clubs, took lessons (he wanted to take lessons before doing anything else related to golf) and we started going to the driving range sometimes. So level 2 achieved I guess!   Two things left in my opinion to make him a golfer. - Go play a 9 hole best-ball with him (so he won't take 100 strokes to complete a 9 hole course) - Go play a 9 hole course where he plays his own ball   He's the kind of...
I'm right handed, but I play all sports which involves sticks/clubs/etc... as left handed. I have no idea why and I did not choose to play golf left handed because I like having problems finding clubs haha.   I do everything else right handed.   At baseball, I throw right handed, but I swing left handed. Hockey, left handed. Golf, left handed. As soon as it involves holding something with two hands, I can't do anything right playing right handed.
I can hit a 5 iron relatively well (with my limited talent). My 4 iron was a lot harder so I switched it for a 4 hybrid. It was a lot easier to hit.   I should go back and try again the 4 iron tho, my iron game has improved a lot lately, but my hybrid have not improved much compared to my irons (4h still goes farther than 5 iron, but my 5 iron is a lot more straighter than my 4h). I'll have to go to the driving range soon!
Thanks a lot for your answers!   Will make it easier to take a decision next time :)
Hi! On the course I regularly play, there is a short par 4 (270 yards) with the whole left side starting at the tees until the green that is water, marked as a lateral water hazard. The fairway also have a slight angle from right to left (left is lower). So since I play left handed, if I hit a slice, it will end up in the water for sure. I usually simply re-tee the ball (since the hole is not that long so lost of distance is not so important when playing for fun) and hit...
Thanks a lot for that reply! Will start to work on that and will post another video during summer to show the progress of my swing and to see what I could try to improve next!
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 7 years (but the first 6 years, were only 3-4 rounds per year, started "seriously" last year My current handicap index or average score is: playing between 95 and 105 My typical ball flight is: fade (with the occasional slice, but quite rare) The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I hit a lot of fat shots (maximum 100 yards carry with 6 iron when I usually carry it around 160-165 when hitting it clean)   I've...
I took lessons in the past month and for the adress position, the pro was simply telling me that once you put the clubhead behind the ball, if you let the shaft of the club come down and touch your leg that is forward (left for right handed golfer, right for left handed) while keeping the clubhead behind the ball, the tip of the shaft should touch just a couple of inches under the middle point between your hip and your knee (toward the knee). That way, it is pretty easy to...
Hi!   I just realized I never did an introduction thread!   So I am 28, from Quebec City, Canada. I am a video game network programmer. I started playing golf about 7 years ago, but only started playing regularly last summer. Before it was only 2-3 rounds per year, and I played something like 25 rounds last summer. I also play left handed, the only one I know in everyone I play golf with, so everytime I miss a shot, you can be sure I hear someone say: you should try...
Thanks for your feedback, and you are totally right. My post was aimed to people that are aiming to shoot lower scores and I wanted to provide an easy way to drop a high score by a couple of shots, forgot to mention that.   Golf can be played for a lot of reasons, and I hope fun is one of them. If someone is having fun trying to replicate awesome shots they saw on tv, then they should play that way!   So I would add to my previous post, if your goal (not what you say...