or Connect

Posts by Draftstone

I don't know if it is a good idea to do it, but it works for me!   I too have quite a gap in between 2 wedges, so I take my PW, open the face (which reduces loft) and aim a little right since ball wil go left (instead of going straigth, ball starts a little left and fades only a very little. I am left handed, so if you are right handed, reverse all this.). I can reduce distance between 10 and 30 yards depending on how much I open the face, the only thing I have to do is...
It depends if it is a complete practice session (no round of golf following) or a small bucket before a round.   Before a round  - I get a 25 ball bucket (around here, most courses have a small bucket where they hand count 25 balls) - Stretch a little - Hit 3 little chip shot with 60 wedge - Hit 2 full swing with 60 wedge - Hit 5 ball with 9 iron (2 half swings, 3 full swings) - Hit 5 ball with 6 iron (only full swings) - Hit 5 ball with 5 wood (only full...
Thanks for those replies!   I can easily notice a difference between my swing videos and the one you posted. I'll try to see if I can replicate them!   For the ball forward, it really struck me when I watched my own videos. I thought I adressed the ball near my right pectoral muscle but looking at the videos it is clearly under my shoulder. Probably a perspective thing, I'll change that!   For key #1, I noticed that in my backswing, my head does not move until I get...
Hi again! I've worked on my swing this summer, and most of my fat shots are gone (still hit it fat from time to time, but I no longer hit the ground 6 inches before the ball, so the ball still goes forward). Trying to stop moving the head helped a lot (still moving a little, but seems a lot less than before). I currently have a fade issue and I am wondering if you could help me from that video.   I always try to hit a draw, I try to swing a little from the inside (and I...
I was just wondering what are those numbers you refer. Are those steps in the swing?Btw: nice round! I hope I'll be able to play those numbers one day :)
Thanks!Before last year, I was only playing 3-4 games a year. Last year I decided to try to play every week, but only started to research on "how to play" at the end of summer (pretty harsh autumn/winter here so we have to stop playing around early october usually). This winter I took some classes and continued to read here and doing some simple drills in my basement. This summer, I continued to read and practiced a lot on the range while playing at least 9 holes per week...
Hi! Yesterday I played the best golf of my life so far. My current handicap index is 23.6 but I managed to play +5 on the local 9 hole course where I live. My good games are usually around +9/+10 on that course.   It started with a triple bogey on the first hole (sent my 2nd shot out of bounds,and had some mishits for the rest of the hole) and told myself "that will be another of those rounds..." I could not have been so wrong, followed that hole with 6 pars in a row....
Do we post progress update here?   If so, my intended target has got his clubs, took lessons (he wanted to take lessons before doing anything else related to golf) and we started going to the driving range sometimes. So level 2 achieved I guess!   Two things left in my opinion to make him a golfer. - Go play a 9 hole best-ball with him (so he won't take 100 strokes to complete a 9 hole course) - Go play a 9 hole course where he plays his own ball   He's the kind of...
I'm right handed, but I play all sports which involves sticks/clubs/etc... as left handed. I have no idea why and I did not choose to play golf left handed because I like having problems finding clubs haha.   I do everything else right handed.   At baseball, I throw right handed, but I swing left handed. Hockey, left handed. Golf, left handed. As soon as it involves holding something with two hands, I can't do anything right playing right handed.
I can hit a 5 iron relatively well (with my limited talent). My 4 iron was a lot harder so I switched it for a 4 hybrid. It was a lot easier to hit.   I should go back and try again the 4 iron tho, my iron game has improved a lot lately, but my hybrid have not improved much compared to my irons (4h still goes farther than 5 iron, but my 5 iron is a lot more straighter than my 4h). I'll have to go to the driving range soon!