or Connect

Posts by MarcTremors

Thanks for the help guys!
Yeah I'm quite familiar with that information, my question was referring the difference trimming from the tip would have on swing weight as you would be take away less shaft weight since it's essentially half the diameter as the butt end. Or is there no difference?
Hey guys, Recently decided to bring my driver in to be cut down from 45.25 to 44.5 it's a 9° Cleveland classic xl custom and I love it I can rip it but I'm not always consistent so I wanted more control, the shaft is a Miyazaki tour issue Jdl 6 in stiff and I hit it so high, I also find it to be pretty light and whippy and it seems like it's too easy to lose track of the club head, so I decided to have that .75" removed from the tip to get it playing a little boardier, ...
Thanks again Gio, much appreciated
Thanks for the reply Gio,   I just like the feel of addressing the ball with the smaller head thats why I was considering it, I find the bigger 460 heads feel chunkier and less controllable.  As far as sound and feel goes I like a loud crack and a nice pop off the face, I find with my Cleveland its a relatively soft sound and feel and not overly responsive (sounds the same no matter where you hit it).  Also as far as loft goes I tee up my ball low at the moment to try to...
Okay guys, so I've made about a hundred trips to golftown in the past few months demoing these 2 clubs, I hit them both rather well and awfully similar, but I cannot make up my mind as to which I want to buy for the 2014 season.  I find myself at one moment leaning towards the titleist then the next I'm looking at the nike then back to the titleist.  The main thing I find myself in debate about is which one has the more useful technology in terms of customization.  I like...
Well I might start out with it a little longer than my current one, try to make up for the extra weight with some length, so maybe 45/45.5?
Alright, well what do you think my best bet is?
Okay guys so I currently have a Cleveland SL290 but I replaced the crazy light miyazaki shaft with an ACCRA AC65 and cut it down to 44.5. Since doing this I find I have had a lot more control, I have a swing speed of 95mph but my shot tendancy is still a slight fade or a slice, never straight, I've been considering changing the shaft out to a 75 gram shaft instead to get some more stability.  I really love this driver when I hit it, I hit it but I'm not quite consistent...
If you use your lead forearm yes you need a lot of loft, but I actually use my back forearm, since I'm right handed I feel like I have more control using my right forearm to support and guide the club since its my stronger arm, this also keeps the grip and head in the same position as traditional putting without any adjustments, I basically hold the club claw style but with my left hand putting pressure on the grip into my forearm to maximize control. This style eliminates...