or Connect

Posts by golf-noob-bruce

Holy moses you're flexible!
 Amen brother! If distance is only slightly more important than accuracy, and if both improve as your swing mechanics improves, then the whole distance vs. accuracy debate seems almost purely academic. It certainly is for me, until I start hitting my driver consistently.
Yeah man, I feel your pain. And apologies. I didn't mean to imply that I actually thought that ego was the reason people can't break 100.It wasn't clear from my comment (was having trouble quoting a post on my phone), but my "ego" comment was meant to be a tongue in cheek response to other posts saying that one could relatively easily break 90 just by sticking to playing with irons.
Exactly. Which is why I said a high capper isn't going to be breaking 90 with an iron off the tee.
And your profile says you're playing off 8.5, not someone struggling to break 100...I think you guys are forgetting how hard this game is for beginners. People struggling to break 100 are not consistently hitting 150 yard 6 iron approach shots, even from the middle of the fairway.
"ar least 90% chance of breaking 90" So what's stopping the folks on this thread from breaking 100 (never mind 90)? Ego?
If you can hit a 7 iron 150 and you're playing off ladies' tees, maybe. But off men's tees I don't think you stand a chance of breaking 90.I basically followed this strategy today (only hit 5 iron off tee) but hitting 5 and 6 irons into greens, and sometimes having to lay up on par 4s means you have to be really accurate on approaches and around the green. More accurate than the typical breaking bad club member is, I suspect.If I could hit my driver halfway decent,...
Easiest question ever. I need to learn how to hit a driver/woods off the tee. I'm getting pretty confident with even my 5 iron, but put a driver in my hands and I turn into one of these:
I don't understand what point you're trying to make with this statement. Is this a typo? In this thread the statement that better players are both longer and more accurate has been made repeatedly. Presumably better players have fewer flaws?
 Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.