or Connect

Posts by jsp9999

I just read it as well. golf definitely has been in decline for some time.   I do think just like anything in life there is ebb and flow.  Golf is going to come back. 
I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver!   Rafael CABRERA-BELLO  -8 Stephen GALLACHER -7 Mikko ILONEN -6
Took me a good one full months without swinging at all.  I couldn't even putt!!  Light swing in 2nd month.  Full swing but distance diminished.  After almost 8-9 mo, I still feel it time to time but now I just reduce swing and take some rest.  Ice and rest are two best medicine.  Time to work on putting and gradually chipping.
I saw this article some time back and really opened my eyes.  I mean I never even heard of Steve Marino and the way it was described just blew my mind away.  The last part where he missed U.S. Open cut by shooting 17 over for two days... That is something.   http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/01/AR2007070101221_2.html?sid=ST2009071701245 It's all matter of perspective.  From 25 hcp like me, scratch is light years away.  For scratch, a tour pro is...
This is a good suggestion.  I'm really tempted to do this.
Outlier is not even talking about 0.01%.  He is talking about Bill Gates', Michael Jordan's, Tiger Woods' of the world in their own field.  Also, Gladwell took a lot of the stories from researches all over the places.  He is a good story aggregator and teller so it's good read but the concept isn't new nor a de-facto rule.  Him saying it doesn't apply sports further confirms there is no such 10K "rule"  What he did is look at a few exceptional human beings and found a...
Maybe get some lesson and allocate some consistent practice time?  Two things I see.     1. You are getting blisters.  This tells me you are indeed swinging, grabbing way too hard.     2. You have no depth concept of distance.  This tells me you need more practice with irons.  It's not just contact, swinging loose.  It's combinations of all contributes.  Take at least 1 hour practice 4-5 times per week for about a couple months.  Don't go out to course during that time...
Apparently Dan did not read the fine print.  Gladwell's own quote, "There is a lot of confusion about the 10,000 rule that I talk about in Outliers. It doesn't apply to sports." source:  http://www.businessinsider.com/malcolm-gladwell-explains-the-10000-hour-rule-2014-6 I take Dan's effort as nothing more than his own publicity building.  Good for him if he can build his publicity but bad if he actually believes he can become an "expert" or "pro" in golf.  Also let's not...
This doesn't add up.  If you are hitting 150 with 7i on fairway, you will not be able to carry 150 with 7i in sizable rough.  I believe survey mentioned tough but not US Open tough rough.  My hard 7i is 160 - 167ish but from rough I sometimes can't even carry 150.  I believe one should be able to hit the same club in both scenarios and have similar result. 140 vs. 170 and 150 vs. 180, not 140 vs. 180
I'm surprised the result is lopsided to the other way.  I thought people are more accomplished here so people would go for the longer but predictable condition.  I voted for longer distance with flat fairway since either way my shot would be a toss up but given my past experiences I ended up having better result for having a ball in fairway than rough.  I had harder time judging distance from the rough