or Connect

Posts by bgary34

Very good points guiseppe, and pretty much the conclusion I came to last night while I was thinking about my range session. Keeping my head still is something that is very doable with some practice and I can see how it could benefit me in the long run, but otherwise I am just going to swing however feels comfortable to me. I'll never be on the PGA tour, I just want to go out a couple times a week and feel like I can break 80 if I have a really good day. With some more...
Worst range session ever! I think I am doing considerably better with keeping my head still, but the "C" posture is just something I simply cannot seem to do. I went from having a slight fade (averaging about 10 yards, very playable) to anywhere between a 15 and 75 yard slice! I don't think slice is even the right word, it isn't severe enough to describe what I was doing. I hit a couple drives that went farther left-to-right than they did forward. I hit 3 buckets trying to...
Thanks mdl. When I hit the range tomorrow I plan on focusing on two things, because any more and I think it will be overload, and also because I think these two things will solve the other problems. The first is being a little more hunched over and relaxed at address (more of the "C" posture as opposed to the "S") so that my head is more centered over the ball, and second keeping my head very still throughout the swing. I think the change in posture should alleviate my...
Ahhh I get it! The video cleared it up perfectly, thanks for the help!
Thank you, that is not something I would have thought of. Like many people (I'm guessing) I assumed I was using the correct posture with the "S" shape. I'll try this out tomorrow on the range.  Good call, that is waaay too much head movement. Could you elaborate any on the flat shoulder turn? I've done some quick searches but I'm not really finding anything that makes sense to me. I'm pretty knew here and still trying to read articles and build up my technical terminology...
I borrowed a friend's 2-way divider bag for a round, and for the life of me I could not find a configuration for my clubs that I liked. I know searching for the right club isn't really that big of a deal, and if I found a good deal on the bag I would buy it and get over my weirdness, but I found a good deal on a bag with 7 dividers and jumped on it. To me, the more dividers the better, but if you aren't as neurotic as I am then you may not be bothered as much.
This is by far the most accurate thing I have ever read on the internet. I laughed out loud (slightly hysterically) several times, and now my girlfriend thinks I am insane. Can't wait for part 2! 
Hello and welcome! Hope you are prepared to lose all your spare time and money, because this sport will do it to you. Golf can be cruel, take it too seriously and your putter will end up in the lake!
  I've been Playing Golf for:​ 12 years occasionally, 3 months with regularity My current handicap index or average score is: 12.1 My typical ball flight is: slight fade The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice     I started playing as a little kid, basically stopped for 5 or 6 years, and have just caught the golf bug again in the last few months. Any advice is appreciated!
I do this all the time. I am a pretty fast player, and I just moved to a new city a few months ago, so I play a lot of solo rounds. Frequently I come up behind a group and they let me pass.... and that is always my worst hole of the day. I get rushed, I get nervous and start thinking that if I am passing these guys I need to make it look like I am playing fast because I am playing well, and it always ends in disaster. Then I get frustrated and it carries over for a couple...