or Connect

Posts by nvestn

Thank you for the reply! Sorry took a few days to reply back... I do in fact have a RBZ Stage 2 non-tour version. It is in fact 3H 19 degree, sorry about that - had a brain fart and thought it was 17 degree for some reason... Where would you recommend I play the 3H in my stance? I typically play my mid irons dead-center in my stance and the longer irons about 1-2 balls forward. To correct the issue should I be playing the hybrid dead center?
Thanks! I have always heard to approach a hybrid like an iron (steeper swing instead of a sweep). Will trying to hit it like a FW act as a bandaid for a bad swing? I'd rather fix the swing than band aid it!   All of my clubs are stiff flex except my 3 and 5 wood (I haven't gotten around to upgrading those yet).   Driver : Adams Speedline 9064LS (Aldila RIP Gamma Stiff) Irons : Ping G10 4-PW, UW (Stiff Steel AWT stock shaft) Hybrid : TaylorMade RBZ 2 17 deg 3H (Stiff...
Hi guys,   This is my first season of seriously spending time playing golf.   Started out the season a horrible mess with most clubs. I am now to the point where I can hit my driver with consistency (although I still have a fade/small slice I can't seem to eliminate). I'm hitting my irons solid and the longer irons have a bit of fade. I am hitting fairway woods with very solid contact but with a bit of slice as well.   My real problem is my 3 hybrid - I bought it...
So sorry - thanks for letting me know. It should now work!
Just for clarification : I am only slicing my driver and hybrid (TaylorMade RBZ-2 3H 17 degree stiff), for whatever reason.
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 1 season (approx. 10 rounds under my belt) My current handicap index or average score is: Average score is 100 My typical ball flight is: Between fade and push slice The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push slice and straight slice     Videos:   I've been struggling with a slice that is getting better with time. Most of my shots have a slice to them - I am losing too many strokes to having balls start out...
Good to know!
I took a client out last night for 9 holes - my first time playing since I felt like I made a breakthrough with my driver. I played my best 9 holes ever (which still isn't much but as a beginner it feels amazing)! The thing I found that allowed me to stop slicing is what I think most people call the "release". Here is how I can best explain what I'm doing : I am consciously accelerating/releasing my hands just prior to impact. I wouldn't say that I am flipping my wrists...
Thanks Chris - very helpful! Great read :)   And yes, it was in fact one with overhead sensors...
Thanks so much guys - I think I have found the underlying issue. I was hearing everyone talk about "release the clubhead". I thought I was, but today on the range I tried making a conscious effort of releasing my wrists at impact and like magic I'm hitting straight at my target now. Not a single slice from the moment I started making that release effort. I hit 3/4 of the bucket with this technique and was amazed. Been struggling with this all summer and it's hard to...