or Connect

Posts by Paiste

First off, I'm 5'10". My previous putter was 35". Since my clubs were stolen recently, I replaced it with a 31" putter and it does feel relatively short. But, with a proper putting stance, my eyes line up with the ball correctly and I find it easier to rotate my chest and shoulders while keeping my knees and head still; it's just that it feels a little uncomfortable.   Should I be using a 35" putter still or is the 31" the proper length for someone my height? I know that...
I recently had a set of Mizuno MP 68's that were stolen and those clubs got me onto the Mizuno bandwagon. I replaced them with the MP 52's and so far (I've only had them for about a week), after numerous trips to the range and my first round coming up with them this week, they are possibly the best set I've owned.   I'll be able to give you a definitive answer after my round this week but these irons are incredibly solid; could be the best irons I've hit to date.
I have a Taylormade Stratus white/black bag (stand) if you're interested. Sorry it's not white/green. It's approximately 8 months old.  
My dad always says this to me on every tee box, "Take your time, keep your head down, I'll watch the ball for you." Ha, ha, ha. I don't know why he insists on saying it every hole but he does.
That's probably a sound idea. I just finished making the net and hitting some balls into it with a 7 iron and it works perfect!!! If I can't get out to the range to practice than this is a perfect set up to do some drills and work on grooving my swing/tempo. Wow, us golf addicts have some serious issues don't we? What a game. It gets into your blood and totally takes over. I'm getting very, very close to getting a repeatable swing that I can trust so this just helps the...
I already have the netting and the pipe wrap (from my previous HVAC days) so I thought it might be something feasible instead of spending more money (since I recently had to replace all of my clubs/bag; they were stolen). If it's a pain in the ass or if it doesn't work well then I'll just buy a net.
I was just curious if converting a hockey net into a golf net was possible. Of course I would use a tighter netting (smaller holes) and I would insulate the posts/crossbar with pipe foam.   When hitting balls, I would use irons only (no lofted clubs) and would stand approximately 4 feet from the net, just enough distance as to not hit the ball over the net and to not actually hit the crossbar with the club.   I have a hockey net and was just simulating hitting balls...
Has anyone ever heard of or played with Hogan Radial irons? I was at the range today and an elderly gentleman who is there everyday pulled these irons out of his bag and asked me to try them out. Well let me tell you, for 30 years old (give or take a few years), these irons are incredible. They look just like a blade iron but are more geared towards game improvement.   I was killing these things. They're long, accurate, easy to hit and have a nice buttery feeling at...
Well, I have to say that the MP 52's are incredible. Very forgiving, beautiful trajectory and no loss in distance compared to my previous game improvement irons. The sweet spot is that perfect "Mizuno Feel" that all Mizuno players talk about and pured shots put a huge smile on your face.   Much more forgiving than MP 68's so I think I'll stick with these babies. The mi to long irons have the dual muscle, pocket groove technology which helps with launch, making them easy...
My left arm is straight for 2/3's of my back swing but bends slightly when it gets to the top. I find this to be very effective as well. I see some guys on the range that bend their arms at the top of their back swing and are incredible ball strikers. Every one's swing has different nuances and I think that most golfers are trying to hard to have the perfect mechanical swing instead of going with a more natural motion; creating more consistent ball striking.