or Connect

Posts by Tepi

Agree with adzeemah, been doing http://madcow.wackyhq.com/geocities/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm for 5 weeks now and have to say the idea behind it is simply brilliant.
20 reps for muscle speed? You probably can gain something out of it, if you do those reps with low weight and very explosively, I just don't see the point. In my opinion 20 reps with weight that challenge you is just gonna fatigue your muscles and increase your endurance. Surely there is some use for endurance, but it's not like you are gonna hit 20 tee shots in row, even if you are as bad as me. Why wouldn't you work on 1-5 reps area?Ever seen olympic lifters train?...
I believe you need to have goals to stay active, something to drive and work for. Before this summer I was lost for 2 years as far as exercise goes, had nothing to work for after stopping my sport. Picked up golf and now I know what to work for, got goals that I want to achieve. If I told those goals to someone they'd say I'm insane, but those are mine and I will work my ass off to get there.   You know those people who buy the gym membership every fall but quit after 1...
  Been lurking this guys site for ~7 years, bought one of his books ''Infinity Intensity'' which I higly suggest to anyone in any sport. He is training boxers for living and there's alot of good stuff both in his books and website. It helped me tremendously in past and bet it will help at golf.
For me going in angry will totally destroy my golf, it is/was really hard to understand coming from sports that only made you perform better the more addrenaline you had in your body.
So, season came to an end 2 weeks ago basically, upper back was hurting pretty bad so couldnt really hit as much as I wanted. Something I will train to make stronger this winter, will be 6 months before we can hit the ball again over here, no indoor facility whatsoever...   Managed to get one guy to film iron and driver swing from last session and this time found out how to edit these for slowmotion (I suck with computers).     Don't really see much change to where...
Like it either way. However on a bad day I prefer playing alone, usually end up with better scores. What I don't like is those ''runners'' who seem to be in so much hurry they run basically infront when you are hitting, totally messes my game when I feel the need to hurry up so I don't bury the ball in their ass. Else fine but it's 2 euros per ball and my budget is tight...   Im not the most classy guy out there, but respect others on the field enough to not make any...
I think most people could get to those distances by doing strenght training the proper way. I know alot of people from sports that require explosive power and go to gym for it, instructor goes and makes a basic ''muscle growth'' program for them with ''12 reps'' all over the place. Bye, bye fast muscle fibers.   Been having a 2-3 year break from all training basically due to work draining everything out of me, lost aprox 3kg of bodyweight during that time and I'd say 95%...
Ye might have been bit too forward, often times hit 3 from middle of my stance on course, keeps the flight bit lower which I love. Think thin shots were due to my left leg extending too early, yesterday had none when I changed my timing a bit. I believe my angle of attack is pretty close, since when the ball is closer to mid and hit it thin, I still grab a divot just couple centimeters after the ball. Gotta head to practise range before it's too dark, (Will try to film if...
Ah I got it, ye there was no pain that way, just felt a stretch in my (groin?) area. By flaring my feet, hips actually turn right in my backswing and my right leg goes straight, is this a good thing? All in all, is this a drill to get hips working better or is this something you should stick into, flaring feet to open hips that is?   Guiseppe, it was a 3 iron I think.