or Connect

Posts by xerex250

My putting advice would be to simply try to get the ball close. People are too obsessed over trying to make everything. When you have a 3 footer obviously you would want to make it, but don't make a big deal out of it if you miss. Make your bogey and move on. The technique is simple as well. you take it back, and hit it. If you give it some thought its actually quite silly to think about how to roll a ball on the ground with a stick from a technical mindset. Your stroke is...
These stats are both in his book. He claimed to have carried it 260 but he also said that he couldn't carry a creek that was 230 unless he hits his best shot. I'm just stating what he said in his book.
I'm just afraid that if I swing to hard I might break my driver face. LOL
I just researched pros carry distances and it's about 260. Jack carried about the same. So I don't see a difference really, besides the fact that fairways and greens are much faster than they were back in the 70's.
Really I'm getting the idea that the pros carry the ball 230 is based on Jack's book Golf My Way, which described that most pros (back then) carried about 230 and when they hit 300 yard drives it rolled about 70 yards. I guess they hit it longer now than they did then but still I think they're longest drives, even if they do carry 270, are because of the factors above. If you want a 350 yard drive, it will need roll, downhill, and tailwind. I'm a short hitter, and no...
Ok I'm sorry I misunderstood the thread. Anyway, have a good rest of your day, Xerex
I will look at this now. I appreciate your concern.
I agree with this from a certain point of view. Jack Nicklaus faded the ball, so he aimed about 12 feet left of the flag, never at it. The reason he did this was that if he was the hit the shot dead straight, he would have a 12 foot putt; if he doubled the amount of fade to a slice, he'd still only have a 12 foot putt. So I can see the logic behind this.
True I guess for some. Jack Nicklaus said he went full out on every shot and could carry 260. That was with the old equipment, though I don't see much difference between the old clubs and balls as compared to the modern stuff. If the pros are using 80%, then they must be some huge guys. On tv they look small, but I've seen Bubba Watson's arms and they are larger than most. He also uses leverage very well. Most of these guys are huge, like 6' and 240 pounds. I'm only about...
Maybe I am off on the carry. Still, I think that most of the distance they get comes from roll and tailwind, elevation (as someone here said) and dry, downhill fairways. Maybe they do carry at least 260, not 230. maybe even 270. But rarely does someone carry 300. But most of the time they hit the ball extraordinarily far. This was just my views on it. I guess they do carry a little longer than I said, for example maybe 270, which of course, is impossible for most of us...