or Connect

Posts by late347

sounds like I should buy some of that impact tape, and put on the face of the driver?   and go to the range again, even if it's indoor range. It seems like I really gotta get my driver swing fixed, preferrably with a pro lesson.   I've never had pro lession for driver only, so yeah. (or I should say, never had a pro lession focused on driver only really the iron swing so far)   For driver swing, two problems that I may have so far identified: I don't trust the club...
Ok, ok guys, calm down, original poster checking in to my thread :D  !!!   I only waited for this thread to stir up some answers lol   Also, for matter of setting the record straight, the original complaint about my low driver shots, occured when I was golfing with influenza  in hot Spanish weather. It sucks to be sick, and on vacation, but what can you do.   So, I'm gonna give myself a free pass on that one instead of feeling too bad about it xD       I really...
I was at the range with pro and kind of forgot to ask aboit it. This shot was like a good drive basically, off from that rubber tee at the driving range, wilson 10,5 loft driver (rental club) Its like, the pro showed me a drive, his shot went up into pretty good altitude, and dropped from its arc, presumably with little spin. He definitely took advantage of the loft of the club. When i hit a straight drive with that club it was almost, almost like a punch shot pretty...
Nice post certainly entertaining one at least. It's a bit of a differnt mindset at golf i think compared to some other sports (like the basebal example which was pointed out) Most people probably do play only against themselves, counting strokes and keeping score. Match play and tournamenT golf have more of man to man competition mentality going on. Golf certainly is more open ended game with these different options for different people. Baseball also has that...
Well I havent tried the golf with my own eyeglasses yet, only softt contacts so far. Basically i sometimes also get probably, dry eyeballs, when outside in windy weather, with my contact lenses. This is what probably happened to me at the local golfing range. Monthly soft contacts ive never had problems with when playing indoors sports (i.e. Tennis badminton) I will probably go to the eyedoctor in january some time (it's close to my yearly checkup - contact wearers...
I was at the driving range with a pro nonetheless. I was hitting irons ok for my skill level, I was a little bit recovering from an earlier influenza also.   The problem for me was: basically in golfing, I've been using softt contact lenses. Sometimes for whatever reason this lens kind of... makes me lose focus of the ball (i.e. the picture isn't as clear as it is normalluy, when just walking about.) This was with daily lenses. What a person must do in this case would be...
Well, I didn't mean  to insult America or anything like that, or American golfers for that matter. It just seemed to me to be a very stark contrast in "golfing philosophy" that's all. And yes, I do indeed appreciate modern golf clubs too, even if they come from America hehe :D I think in many European countries there exist many regular golf courses (not like special hotel resort golf courses) which have handicap requirement in the mid-range handicap. My understanding at...
well, the counter argument to that argument would be that only in America, land of the Free, you have golfers who are not required to keep aand maintain a hc and still be allowed to play.I think in europe most places a handicap is mandatory to play on a course. If you havent improved handicap by returning your score cards, then obviously you would have maximum handicap possible when youre only starting out with golf. This i assume, would be counted for statistical purposes...
Very nice progress that you've made in your golf skills mate!   I do confess that I haven't read much beyond the first two pages though, so much text hehe...     I'm sort of in a similar situation beginner player, hoping to get better. Mostly not really just the score, but the actual golf abilities that  are necessary first, like getting solid hits on the ball with driver, and hybrids. I did my greencard as a kid basically, played for a short while, but then took like...
Yea I'm left wondering the same myself.   I was hitting balls today, at range, but had a really difficult time to get clean hits, and straight shots where I aimed at. Iron shots were sort of rusty, but I could hit it pretty nicely with 6iron, 8iron, pitcher etc...   I kind of had a difficult time with all my three hybrids though (I got 17deg, 21deg, and 24deg hybrids) , long club like that, feels hard to control and "understand". I did some shots with pro instruction...