or Connect

Posts by late347

on the other hand, it is plainly evident to the observer that long drivers have longer carry more often than not, compared to golf course and pga pros. You have undulating fairways, downhill rolls etc on the golf course. The target field at the long drive events ought to be about-flat terrain, so rolls and effect of downhill isn't so accentuated. Though sometimes the field has uneven hardness, which seems to give different rollout at the edges of the field (less golf ball...
my home course does exactly that, they pair groups of players so that the total sum of handicaps don't exceed 100 hcp EGA   so, they don't allow three total beginners to group together.   Instead you have groups that have following hcp of players: 10, 32, 28, 30. Which creates a total sum of 100 hcp EGA   For example.....     Or you could have following hcp of players: 54, 16, 30. Which creates total sum of 100 hcp EGA   The idea behind this scheme is...
Haha so you're saying that golf ought not to be fun at all? Only way to enjoy golf according to you is just "being serious about golf" and  not enjoying the game, not enjoying the outdoors and not enjoying the social aspect?  Honestly I play the best golf when I just relax and enjoy the game. And enjoy the views and the company of the other players... I think the results will come, with deliberate practice at the range and trying your best at the actual golf course. It...
-I played 45 strokes front-9... It was pretty amazing to score that well... Now the course was not that long in yardage, but I was playing middle tees so there you go. Yardage was 5000 yards I think, so definitely not that long.   -I had some really nice pitch shots and chip shots.   -It's just that the back-9 was slightly worse!   -back-9, I had tons of penalty strokes sadly. Lost some balls on the back-9.   -it wasn't strokeplay, but instead stableford scoring,...
nice job analyzing your own mistakes, Moppy!   I was trying out some PW, 7i, 4i, and driver at the range.   I think I was squeezing the driver grip too tightly it seemed, preventing enough wrist action for power in my golf swing...   When I took the lightest grip I could take, with driver, I was hitting mild straight fades, or straight shots with the driver...   But then again I gotta get more upwards strike even so, I feel...
thank you sir! May I enquire as to your own rounds this week, was there anything particularly good going on this week? The good thing about my 107 score was that I had a quite balanced round. I only had two blown up holes across 18. Also putting was good. The bad shot types which cost me some strokes was regular chip shots and short range lob shots. I chunked, it seemed, almost half of my chip shots and lob shots. It wasn't a pretty sight I can assure you that. Ideally you...
I shot 107, at golf course 67.2 / 130, at yardage 5366   I played only with irons and wedges because this seems to be what is working for me, at the moment, with Mike Austin swing style.   Driver has a bit of a slice problem at the moment, sadly.   But even though I wasn't able to break 100, it was a pretty good score overall for stableford format, which I was playing.   I got 45 stableford points from that round, and it lowers my hcp quite a bit...   I made...
One thing that I always HATED ABOUT THIS WORLD CUP, was bad referees especially in penalty kicks.   This came to my mind after watching a goal compilation of top 10 goals in the world cup...   referees, please read the rules of football, law number 14.   many a penalty kick was not conducted according to rules of football   reason being, goalkeeper infringes the rules, by moving forwards off the goal line, before the attacking player has even come to the kicking...
you gotta be able to hit straight putts, in my opinion, if the situation calls for them. Were those difficult putts with lot of slope or how were they? I have had birdie putt opportunities within makeable distance, but I think poor contact with putter sweetspot (not straight putt) was the cause for miss. So, I''ve made pars and bogeys thusfar. With that one birdie newly made that I talked about.  If the putt is straight, no lag no slope in any way, only a straight putt can...
Yeah, there was this one guy in our fourball who commented on my particular thinned approach shot which did roll towards the flag. But nowhere near the pin for sure, not even on the green. And I didn't plan to thin the shot either, obviously.   -He said "nice shot dude"   -I was like, "Nah, the hit wasn't exactly clean, I could feel it was thin"   -He said something like, "Well the result was obviously good enough"   -I said jokingly at the realization, "Well I'm...