or Connect

Posts by late347

Does the book offer statistical strategy with regards to different type of golf courses and grass and rough conditions? I.e. links golf, different type of grass, penalizing rough (i.e. finding ball not likely)
lol I hear ya!Same thing happened to me about 240 yard pull-fade...Drive rolls into rough. Second shot with an 8 iron to an uphill green.Sadly 8 iron was barely carrying to the green. Leaving me with a long putt. This approach shot was good but simply the wrong club.So, I made 5 strokes for bogey (drive 8i + 3 putts)
Is it mainly stableford which are the handicapping rounds in Britain? What about 'Straya, down under, as they say? I have to say that as a relative beginner golfer, I'm not exactly happy... about those sub-36 points rounds... more like: 37+ Happy, because it was well played round. It also lowers handicap somewhat. 32 - 36 Satisfied, because it was well-enough, average but still quite well-played round. No major mistakes you could say. Handicap stays same. below 31 it...
The level of debate in the former Mike Austin thread was somewhat apalling. The debate was filled with logical fallacies e.g. "red herring" on both sides of the argment.        Anyhow, here's some differences and similarities that I've learned from Steve Pratt, a Mike Austin-golf teacher based in California.  I don't claim to be the Mike Austin swing expert but here's some thoughts about the swing principles.   I don't claim to know the mastery of the golf swing, or...
that being said, I think the drive was still quite well hit, I don't think the effect of wind diminishes that fact! I think without so much wind, it would still definitely have been bubba long drive (about 350 yards) the overall distance was measured at 515 yards. No cartpath bounces, though it was a summer golf fairway. All of these facts would point towards a long carry distance for this particular drive. I guess it would depend on the physics involved, quite simply you...
What are your thoughts on this late-American golfer and his ideas for the ideal golf swing?   Mike Austin, the infamous golf instructor and golfer, studied engineering and kinesiology as part of his education and claimed to have figured out a powerful but also accurate golf swing. He passed away in 2005.   Mike Austin also used to hold the world's longest golf drive recorded in a professional golf tournament. That drive went over 500 yards, and it was struck with steel...
good job mate! I did the same today. It was scorching hot day for golf, at 86 F totally new course for me, sadly I shot  59, at the back 9 holes yardage was a manly length of 6400 yards My hot streak in stableford golf ended today, with that bad score of 59... With that new score, my hcp rises up a little bit... But you can't win everytime at golf, right? I was just kind of disappointed at my many duffs and tops off the tee, today. But, I'm taking a trackman lesson next...
-59 strokes  on 9 holes   -a lot of duffs and tops sadly   -no balls lost though, which was nice.   -even still handicap rises upwards 0,2 (such sadness... I will have to do better next time when I play over there...)   -course was in beautiful shape, it was rated top 20 golf course in the country, greens were immaculate   -course 71,6 / 127   -6408 yards, a manly yardage...   -temperature was 86 F   -the course felt insanely hard at those yellow tees. It...
Yea it will definitely be intresting to see how jamie sadlowski contends at remax this year. He'ssponsored by callaway this time and theyve been figuring out specs for a new driver for him. He said in an interview that he's been impressed by the durability of some of callaway's long drive model clubs. He also claimed to have gained some yardage with the club change but we shall see... Long drivers are simply breaking their driver heads in those competitions so there's a...
Depends on how much distance you got beaten by Lol I.e. was it a close call defeat or a crushing one?