or Connect

Posts by late347

-Real golfers are those who have a good swing, such as Sam Snead, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus etc..       -Only those who play aggressive golf, are real golfers. Conservative "avoid mistake strategy" is only used by phonies and posers...  (this definition might make Tiger Woods, the only real golfer, I suppose, Tiger was always aggressive in his good playing days! )     -Golfers who have absurd pre-shot routines, are not real golfers. Prime example of absurd pre-shot...
My dad was very critical of tom watson's picks... Billy hoerschel should have been there, instead of like webb simpson...   granted, the losing dufner to injury, and Dustin Johnson to his own issues, neither exactly enhanced America's chances.     I did not understand how the pairings were chosen though...   Is it really that simple, that captains pick an order of play for their own team,   then the tournament official combines them into  pairings (singles...
I agree. His face looked so sad, so dejected. Through entire sunday. He looked like he wanted to be back in florida's warmth and home.
I was pleasantly surprised by patrick reed's and dubuisson's performances.   Reed missed some ridiculous putts... but he pulled it together on sunday definitely.   Dubuisson was almost MvP level player on europe team.   The guy won all his matches except last single game was halved. Reed also won all, except one halved.   I was definitely rooting for Dubuisson at the last hole... sadly he must have become distracted made couple bad shots on 18th, and simply lost...
Also I was surprised that the thread talked about TOM Watson being criticized   I thought that Phil was criticizing BUBBA... This year's master's champion... not so stellar run sadly. I know though, that Kaymer was also world class opponent though...  It was always difficult matchup versus him.   Still I expected more from Bubba, and I expected to see him more out there on the field. I expected the captain the play him more.
In singles matches, team usa should have sacrificed weaker player to the Moloch's maw. The golfing monster known as Rory McIlroy   sacrifice someone like webb simpson or keegan bradley vs Rory, team usa, almost unwinnable points in this match, but it's only 1 point surefire loss from 1 match out of 12.   play Fowler vs donaldson   or   play fowler vs poulter.   This was at least one mistake, if you could talk about such thing, as an optimal matchup for team usa....
I thought Phil Mickelson is already HoF in golf. There's a youtube video about him giving some kind of speech to an audience in 2012. Hall of fame inductuon event?
Davif Duval did shoot 59 (once upon a time...) Still it's quite impressive to have on your record. Nicklaus only ever shot 62 I think. Best final round in tournament, ever. Though Furyk for sure made a good 59 also. He even had that bogey.
Yes i have hit greens with 150m 7-iron. More often it's the accuracy which is problem not distance. So instead of hitting the green, sometime i get push or pull shots to the side of the green. Someone once said that those straight shots really are difficult in golf. It's true. Currently i'm working on the accuracy to be able to hit mostly draw shots. It takes some effort to get the clubpath more in-to-out it seems.
  For a regular shot with iron... When you think about it from a physics standpoint. You hit a ball with the club...you are transferring momentum into the  ball. Too much energy is being expended in ball spinning. smash factor for a mid-iron club should be about 1.35- 1.4, on a good hit in the sweetspot.  Small amount of roll is expected I think, especially in mid-irons and long-irons. But for you obviously, you go with whatever distance your clubhead speed affords you to...