or Connect

Posts by mattm16

I am out too
I run a league with similar rules. Every year I have people asking if they can be on the league. Why? Because it is FUN. The just want to play in a league and have fun.
I disagree that closer is always better.  For instance, I would rather have a full shot into the green than a 1/2 or 1/4 shot.  Of course, this is just my opinion.
Seems kind of weird that all the golf leagues start at 3:00.  On the league I'm in charge of, the first T-time is supposed to be 6:00; however; if there is no league in front of us, sometimes we get out earlier; around 5:30.  Most of the courses that have leagues around where I live have ones that start around 5:30 - 6:00 for those that work.
Thank you again for all of your information/help.  I'll check out the web-based solution; also I'll check out the other software to determine if I should use that or Excel.  What I would love to have done automatically, is when I put in the scores it will calculate the handicap, standings, and average for each hole.  I don't know if it is possible, but I would love it to determine the points for each week based on criteria I specified.  This year I it was two man teams and...
Yes, handicap will be adjusted weekly.
This league is a 16 week league with two 8 week halves.  The max handicap a person can have is 18.  Thank you for your explanation; it makes sense now.   For all secretaries out there, can you tell me what league software you use?   Again, thanks.
I am new to this forum, so if I shouldn't start out with questions, let me know.   I am the secretary for our golf league, and we handicap 100%.  I figure it out based of 35 (front is par 36; back 34).  I take the previous three weeks average, minus 35 and that is their handicap.  A person on the golf league said we should be using 85%, taking their handicap at that point and multiplying by 85%.  He said it should more evenly things out.  I'm not sure I understand how...