or Connect

Posts by ron273

Here are some pictures of the teams and the 19th hole at the Tilted Kilt. We had a great day, the course was in good shape and the company was excellent. Looking forward to next years match.
Obviously we had no time for such frivolity. Between strategy sessions and practice rounds a balanced diet of proteine, carbs, vitamines and other substances not to be named her was consumated. We also found time to work in some teambuilding activities. Tonight we ended preparation with a sing-along contest, because as we all know, carefull planning and team spirit is key to bring the trophy back home . Lastly We did a final rehearsal of the press conference to avoid any...
I will play with Graem, that will balance out the handicaps quite nicely
In two weeks we (7 crazy dutch guys) will be flying to Orlando for two weeks of golf. One of the highlights will be a round at Bay Hill, which we booked already. Other highlight will hopefully be a Dutchies - US match, so David, be prepared!   Also on the list are: - Orange County National (both courses) - Bella Colina (if reasonably priced) - Mission Inn, El Campeone - Red Tail - Stoneybrook West   If anyone has other recommendations, please let me know!
I like a quote I heard, I think it is from Bob Rotella: "play the shot you can, not the shot you want.
4th Joost Luiten (-13)
Go Europe!!
Thanks, I will.Last week I shot a 45 on a 9 hole round. I did nothing different in terms of mechanics, but before the round I made a game plan in more detail than I used to do. What I feel contributed most to the score, was making sure to miss my shots on the "good" side and therefor choose a different club sometimes.I kinda like this more detailed approach, it also changes my focus during a round.Obviously I need to make this work in an 18 hole round, so I won't be...
I've been close to breaking 100 now for a couple of weeks. Best score is 103 so far. The problem is not the swing, shortgame or putting, but mainly bad decisions. When in a bad spot the urge to compensate with an ambitious shot is almost uncontrolable. I know this and last round I was well under way to break 100, but on hole 14 I pulled my drive out of bounds and pulled my second teeshot as well. Instead of chipping out I took a hybrid and tried to land it close to the...
Are you kidding me? - Rocco Mediate, just a fun book to read. The Putting Bible - Dave Pelz, great book on putting with great exercises on improving putting. Every shot must have a purpose - Pia Nilsson, good book on the mental side of golf. Helped me build a pre-shot routine that fits me.