or Connect

Posts by buddhabob

you guys might be missing something. What's important in my opinion is the leaning 'A' angle at impact in both baseball and golf. I call it the fully leveraged position. Many golfers just don't get this or are not athletic enough to do it and its not talked about alot with the pretty finishes sold in the modern swing.  The really long hitters in golf have a pronounced leaning back 'A' angle at impact with the head well back behind the ball.  Ryan Winther the longest hitter...
if your enamored of these things you had better get a brand new ball and measure it otherwise its self defeating. If your tested on dud house balls forget about it. I have seen a kid in sandals of medium size with a weekenders swing record a 335 yard shot on Foresight at Golfsmith. Sorry, no way he hits it that far on the range, no way Jose. It might have been a 275 yard shot at best. I saw a while back a top level kid 6'6", 26 years old, terrifically fast swing, playing...
I have heard they have different settings on the Tour for Trackman than for amateurs and the public. They measure club speed off the toe for the stars on t.v.  The rest are measured off the heel or mid face. If you think about it this helps to move product and sell new drivers every year because it makes the public feel that much slower. If I watch a guy on t.v. hit something that is in the air for 7-7.5 seconds and they regularly claim a 310- 325 yard carry than I know...
try something that I use from watching baseball players in batting practice. Take a normal swing and just at impact release the right hand completely from the club and let centrifugal force pull your left wrist up and out and around to a full and extended backswing. Warm up first because this will work with surprising force and requires your left shoulder to be warmed up and loose for full extension. I have never seen a converted baseball player in longdrive flip the club....
just wanted to say this thread is an absolute riot, especially with Building 7 checking in from out of the blue.  I am just getting back into golf after a many year layoff and am using the SwingSpeed Radar system to clock. I know its a little generous in its readings compared to Foresight and probably Trackman. But its a good way to train and note when a swing is faster and more efficient since often times in sports, feel is NOT real imo.
truth is its possible to have that swing speed thought why you are only carrying out 300 yds or so doesn't make much sense. A guy at Roger Dunn the other day stood about 6'4"-6'5'' with a good,fast well balanced and aggressive attack. He was using a stock  new driver out of one their barrels 45 1/2 " his swing speed on Foresight system was 126 or so and he was walloping the ball with some carry out to 340-350. Athletic build, maybe 205 or so, 27 years of age. I just don't...
if you read the initial post carefully the tells are all over it. This is the internet people. This guy knows a lot more about golf than any one week old beginner and is no doubt posting in his underwear in his mother's basement. Just being athletic and first time out doesn't cut it. There are many timing,lag and flexibility issues involved in the golf swing. I am a very athletic 5'll" 185 lb golfer who used to compete on a junior level. I am older now but when I really...
also keep in mind that Mike Austin claims in his bio to have been a fighter pilot, crashed a fighter in Africa on a 'top secret mission', worked in the 'intelligence service', been an Opera singer, and is a sophisticated doctor of 'kinesthesiology'. Please. No one even knows where the guy was actually born. Stephen Segal has nothing on him. Little Stevie Seigel is in actuality from Encino but he has been self-promoting for so many years you'd would have thought he was the...
I would question very seriously the Mike Austin stat. He had a gale force 39mph wind behind him gusting up to 50mph and the ball was hit down hill, it rolled over a green and then down a steep incline. I would say under normal conditions it was maybe a 350 yrd drive. Do you have any idea how much big wind aids a well caught tee shit with low side spin?
Turtleback hold off on the plaid pants o.k.? It does not follow that Nicklaus would be spraying shots all over the place. I understand the logic of your proposal but Nicklaus was in fact often in the middle of the fairway. And the fairways back then were tighter in design. Since the introduction of souped up technologies they have widened fairways to attract millions of duffers to the game and to quadruple the number of eyeballs glued to the t.v. screens. More money in it....