or Connect

Posts by taxgolf

A typical iron.   My first question.    What makes the old Ben Hogan iron so special? I sometimes get the feeling the only reason those irons are suprior it is because mr. Hogan's name was on it. What made them special? The building proces? The way that they were forged? The type of metal they used?   Secondly.   I like to see those irons in a shop. I am not sure about the quality. If it comes to forged irons, my suggestion would be to buy a Japanese forged iron....
I entered an aimpoint expres clinic. 2 Horus in the drizzil. I was a bit sceptical, but it blew me away. The clinic was very well presented, easy to understand. I am sure it will shave some scores of the chart!
Last week I played with a pro and he wanted me to make a practise swing as hard as I could. I was afraid that I would loose mij balance, would be out of control etc. The funny thing happened when I swung the club, I really came forward as in lineair, all my weight on my left side. I pulled myself to the left. My practise swing was as hard as I could, but my real swing was just a bit slower, but still much faster than before. Yet I was in control, much to my surprise. I...
Not sure how it will translate, but the saying 'one bird in the sky doesn't make summer is here'.   I have have played a couple of rounds recentely. Basically what I try to do, when hitting the driver, is the following:   1. I tee the ball a tiny bit higher 2. pick my target line; 3. aim my clubface a tiny bit right of the target line; 4. try to put the ball more forward in my stance, left toe instead of left heel; 5. pre set my hip a bit to the left; 6. breathe...
Always listen to good advice. Bought a compressor   Other question, should I use it to get the old grips off, or use a knife. I heard that using a compressor might blow up the grips and could possibly harm you. I always used a special knife.
Uhm, no it does not. I think you should get your info straight. Ah well. 
 I do not know the exact page in the LSW book, but is was written somewhere. It totally opened my eyes and I am using it time after time. But there are a lot of stuburn golfers out there...
I started reading Lowest Score Wins for the 2nd time. The beauty of the book is that if you read the info over/again, it makes so much sense.   Today I entered a discussion about practise in relation to lowering your score . I'll give the short version.  I said focus should be on practising with the driver/iron . Other guy said, focus should be on putting. Might be a false argument, but I asked him if he had the chance of playing against a pro, what would he choose: a...
Might be a stupid question. I bought de pure grips, but without the gun. I was planning to punt them the conventional way. Avoid of using double sided tape? Better not use the conventional method? 
I find it very educatiional to see Wagner take the same routine every time he has to hit. Practise swing, breathe all out to relax and fire away! Take note to myself!