or Connect

Posts by dbuck

For me, probably somewhere around 40F. If the course is Augusta, the temp is not a factor. The only factor would be am I breathing.
I have owned a ZING and liked it as well. I think I gave $20-25 for it at a pawn shop, though mine was the stainless model. I sold it to a friend for $20. I keep a bronze Anser 2 in the armory and won't sell that one.   Day in and day out, I putt better with an old Wilson Geo Low 600 remake- a flanged blade similar to the 8802 or Arnold Palmer. When I get in a rut sometimes, I will bring the old PING out.
If your handicap is a true 18.9, you would probably benefit from a full on fitting. Find out who in a reasonable distance from your area is really qualified to fit PING and go there, provided of course you want to stay with PING.   Since you like PING, I would probably look there first. Nothing wrong with a whole bag of PING, but you are not limited to that.
That is a bit of a trick there. Both the brown and the green are varying stages of oxidation.   Mothers Mag and Wheel polish is my go to, but it will make it shiny copper. Not to worry, though because it will re-tarnish in short order--like a few days or weeks. Actually, it starts re-tarnishing as soon as you stop rubbing. It is kinda like the difference in a good haircut and a bad one--about 2 weeks.   I think though, if you put a dab of Mothers on a rag and rubbed...
I hate political correctness, but I am a big fan of good manners.
I like golf "stuff".   The irons and putter in my sig have been with me for 35 years, and my main wedge about 20. I recently aquired a  full leather cart bag  at a bargain. I have been playing mostly vintage clubs lately, meaning wood woods. Each one is unique, so when you find one that works, it becomes sort of special. The ones in my sig are becoming pretty reliable.   I picked up a nice set of Macgregor VIP 90-92 remakes a few months ago, but haven't played them...
I am not saying you can't, but I don't think it would be worth the effort. This is coming from a miserly someone who just spent 30 minutes glueing a sole on a 4 year old pair of  hand-me-down Nike golf shoes that probably cost $60 brand new.   Unless it is a really fancy pair of FJ's, I would probably put the money toward a new pair of True Linkswear or Eccos, or one of the similar shoes from FJ or Nike. If you want to keep the ones you have, there are less agressive...
 I agree with Erik's points, but still picked The Masters. I love the look of it, the course, the drama through the years, the television coverage. It is my favorite. The Open Championship is the oldest, the US Open is our national championship, and the PGA has a strong field. The PGA was exciting this year, and has improved over the last few years. I like them all for different reasons, and each has its own look and feel, but The Masters is just my favorite.
Coming from an almost lifelong bogey golfer, it is a stretch. I don't mean to discourage you, but rather to encourage you. Your being naturally athletic, staying in shape, and conscious of your health are positives, and you have made exceptional progress. Getting from don't play to legit 24 in the timeframe you have is really great.   Golf is hard, and the lower you go, the harder it is. So don't be discouraged when you get to 15 and seem to hit a wall. Most everyone...
I think that dress would actually look better on Inbee.   That is not a knock on the dress nor certainly on Stacy. I think Stacy would look great in something a little more tailored to show off her figure, and short enough to show off her legs. Still a classy and classic little black dress, but more little and more black. I can't decide about the hair, I don't know if the curls are natural, but she certainly has some hair. None of my business at all, just observations...