or Connect

Posts by dbuck

"They don't say how, just how many"   I like the line about luck over skill, definitely applies to me.
Don't worry, there will be a ball for you.   I have been playing golf a little over 40 years, and since about 1979, I have been around a 15 handicap or better. Probably never better than 10 nor worse than 15-16. Day in, day out, I can usually find a $20 ball that works for me. Right now, my mainstays are Titleist SoLo's, Wilson Duo, and Callaway Supersoft.   I will occasionally use a premium ball for a tournament or something (or if I get them as a gift). There was a...
Haha, I love it. I often have to wait for whitetails to clear before hitting a shot.
I don't think there is a "best" these days. Most of the major brands do a decent job of producing quality product. The best club for an individual is one that fits his/her eye and swing.   I think Titleist may do the best job of covering game improvement through purist blade without overwhelming with choices. I think Callaway, Mizuno, and TM also do this except for the overwhemling choices part. PING is great but don't really have a traditional blade. The other major...
007/Goldfinger theme   Black Chrome shaft and Black or Gunmetal finish on the head, Cordovan leather wrap pistol grip with gold line.   The sight mark on the top at the sweetspot would be a red heart to represent the Penfold hearts ball that Bond played. On the flange, wavy etching like the sight rib on a PPK, with a smooth frosted section for the words "Shaken, not stirred" in gold script.   On the face, the 007 logo high on the toe, an image of naked Jill Masterson...
I  voted 2+ with no majors. If there had been a 2 of some kind, I would have voted that. It is a crap shoot, and I feel mostly depends on health first, choice of or even not choosing a coach second. More important than a specific coach is a swing that he trusts.   Tiger knows how to win and knows how to win a major. If he is healthy and finds a swing he trusts, and like Nicklaus in 86 is thrown back into it, he could certainly win a major. If he stays healthy and finds a...
We have gone over the top on political correctness to the destruction of free speech, and at the same time created for lack of better words, a double standard.   It is de rigueur for a prime time network drama to have a "hot chick that kicks ass". How is this "hot" or exciting, if it is not somewhat unusual, or at least unusual to the target audience? The characters are portrayed as tough and professional, but at the same time their sexuality is marketed and projected...
A suggestion I always throw out is to get a set of PING Eye2's or ZINGs. They were very popular, so you can usually get what you want -the right color dot- in the $100-150 range. With fresh grips, they are great to learn on, and if you keep the grips fresh, you may never change.
She does with me!
Erik, you have articulated most of what I have been wanting to say in a succinct manner.   I will go a bit farther and say that I have two daughters and a son, all over 21 now, and I can say from experience that somewhere between 9 and 15, girls go through some very emotional times, and boys become stinky and more aggressive and insecure at the same time. It is not a put down or sexist, it is several thousand years of human biology. It is the reason that pharmaceutical...