or Connect

Posts by dbuck

I will use natural or white tees, and if I have a couple of broken ones in my pocket at the end of the round, I save them and reuse them for the aforementioned irons, shallow-faced other clubs. However when I am looking for a broken tee on a par three, I will use any color.   I like to use weird or sentimental things for ball markers i.e, a gold dollar my daughter got from the bottom of a pool and a punch out plug from an electrical junction box.
Me too, agree wholeheartedly
Actually, that was my verbose and smart a-- way of agreeing with you -which I do.
 When I took lessons back in the dark ages of hickory and featheries, the pro started me with a 5 iron, the theory being it was the middle of the set and the swing for it worked on everything else. Of course that 5 iron was probably the equivalent of today's 7 or 8, so---
Listen to WUTiger-he is in pre-med.   Seriously everything he said is good advice.   If you want it said a different way and if you are semi-serious about taking up the game:   1. Get a lesson from a qualified instructor. Unless you are using video AND understand the moving parts of a swing, what you are doing is likely not what you think you are doing. A proper lesson or three can get you in the right set up and making the right basic moves so you don't have to...
Except for about 27 holes this season, all my play has been with "vintage" equipment, see my signature. This is not a protest against technology, nor am I a club snob, I just enjoy the older gear much like someone who hunts with a bow or muzzleloader. My scores have stayed right around my 14.9 bogey golfer handicap.   My newest driver is about 9 years old; a Titileist 905T with a Speeder. I have a few other titanium headed drivers with graphite shafts, a set or two of...
I agree that it is time more than anything, especially to younger families with small kids. All hobbies take time, but many are more family friendly than golf, especially for really young families. Obviously pre- or no- kid couples can play together if both interested, and when kids get older they might be interested, but there is a period of time where it is not family friendly.   All the talk about beer, food, gas to the course, and so on is not relevant because you...
As WUT, said I would consult before I had one of those bent.   An experienced club guy once told me that for a bend to be effective and retain the bend, it needed to be 2 degrees.   Not to be a smart- - -, but do you really think you will notice 1 degree?  I think it takes 4 degrees and a half inch of shaft to make 10 yards, so I am thinking 1 degree would be like 1-2 yards? So when you hit a 3 iron, are all your shots within 3 ft short or 3 ft past the target?  I...
It depends on what you want from golf, and how and who you play with.   The clubs in my sig are not very different from those old Macs of yours. I play about 90% of my golf with vintage clubs, because that is what I enjoy. I use a softer ball like a Titleist SoLo or Wilson Duo. I use this regardless of what my buddies are doing; I am the only one in my usual groups that play vintage. For me,it is kinda like someone who hunts with archery or muzzleloaders or fly fishes...
 Even though I am agreeing with Shorty for like twice in a month, this is the best answer.