or Connect

Posts by dbuck

Yeah, we could play together. Cart golf.
An old thread with a couple of recent responses, but I have an original Taylor Raylor 16* in the old small head "tour preferred" style from around 1990. One club I will always hang on to-it has always been quite useful from tee, fairway, or rough. To me, the forerunner of the hybrid.
I like golf and like stuff, so all these conversations are somewhat interesting to me, and I will participate. And there is nothing wrong with conversation for the sake of conversation, that is one reason that a lot of these forums exist, or at least they wouldn't exist without it.   For practical purposes though, until you can with your best club, say a 7 iron, 5 iron, whatever keep about 80-90% of your shots in a 20 yard circle or an elliptical 20 yards long and 24...
To me, the regular Noodle is a good combination of price, distance, and chipping for the average beginner, and Noodle practice or x outs are about half the price when you can find them.   Actually for a rank beginner, it doesn't make much difference as long as the ball is not damaged or too old. The cheapest new name brand ball, including practice or x-out is fine, whatever is on sale. Once you achieve a fairly consistent distance with say a 7 iron, and 60-70% of your...
 Not a bad strategy when they have them in. I don't lose a lot of balls, so the 19.97 price point is also good for me, and I like DT Solos, Callaway Supersofts, and Wilson Duos.
I like them. I play vintage clubs a lot, and the Duo is good with the wood heads. I may like the Callaway Supersoft a little better. I get a couple yards more distance with the Supersoft. The Supersoft stops a little better on a 3/4 to full shot, but little finesse shots around the green they are about equal. I like the soft feel of the Duo off persimmon; the Supersoft is a little more clicky, but still good. For putting, I get the opposite from a couple of other posters;...
Does playing them on Wii count?
 This is me except for the easy birdie part. Probably a 3 putt bogey--my go-to strategy.
I hit my driver fairly straight and could probably work it right of the trap, but 500 in two shots is marginal for me, especially with a forced carry on the second. Since I am playing it as a 3 shot hole, there is no need to risk hiitting the trap. Since my second shot is only going to be 160-180, hitting from the trap isn't too much of an issue, but I would prefer fairway over sand. I am probably hitting 3W right of the trap, a 4-6 iron near the 100 in the center, then...
An interesting topic actually, especially if you get past the surface, and oddly enough come back to the surface.   Golf is a stick and a ball, so other things that are sticks and balls, like hockey, baseball, lacrosse, and tennis come to mind. Nicklaus was a pretty good tennis player. Happy Gilmore notwithstanding, hockey is hitting something with a curved stick. I would definitely pick hockey or baseball if I was wanting a long drive competitor though not necessarily a...