or Connect

Posts by dbuck

I agree that it is time more than anything, especially to younger families with small kids. All hobbies take time, but many are more family friendly than golf, especially for really young families. Obviously pre- or no- kid couples can play together if both interested, and when kids get older they might be interested, but there is a period of time where it is not family friendly.   All the talk about beer, food, gas to the course, and so on is not relevant because you...
As WUT, said I would consult before I had one of those bent.   An experienced club guy once told me that for a bend to be effective and retain the bend, it needed to be 2 degrees.   Not to be a smart- - -, but do you really think you will notice 1 degree?  I think it takes 4 degrees and a half inch of shaft to make 10 yards, so I am thinking 1 degree would be like 1-2 yards? So when you hit a 3 iron, are all your shots within 3 ft short or 3 ft past the target?  I...
It depends on what you want from golf, and how and who you play with.   The clubs in my sig are not very different from those old Macs of yours. I play about 90% of my golf with vintage clubs, because that is what I enjoy. I use a softer ball like a Titleist SoLo or Wilson Duo. I use this regardless of what my buddies are doing; I am the only one in my usual groups that play vintage. For me,it is kinda like someone who hunts with archery or muzzleloaders or fly fishes...
 Even though I am agreeing with Shorty for like twice in a month, this is the best answer.
+2 and yes well said
 Actually, there is a market for them, but it is small and cheap! Seriously, there are some folks who have an interest in clubs similar to that, myself included. As others have indicated though, most of those don't bring much money. I recently bought a 3-PW set of MacGregor irons of a similar vintage in like new condition for $30. Woods can be found as Erik said from $2-5, but the right person would pay a little more for one like yours. I believe the club you have was made...
Ha Ha, this is me. It's what mine look like, thought they were supposed to.
I think the 'roo was just interested in the grass, and when the golfer walked up, it was like "What?"   I have deer that come in my yard to munch and they are not particularly afraid of us if we don't move suddenly. The only thing that makes them move is my daughter's little 6 pound dog that gets really pissed at the deer in "her" yard.
It takes a lot of play to really "wear out" irons. I bought the irons in my sig new in 1979. I am sure their grooves may be worn a bit, but for you and I (hcps +/- 15=bogey golf) it really isn't that much of an issue. Some of the responders are a better than us and would notice the difference. The irons in the ad you posted would be fine I think for your intentions. I don't think you will wear them out in several years given modest maintenance.   I do agree with others...
PS, if you haven't already, invest in new grips for your clubs; it will make a world of difference