or Connect

Posts by dbuck

I have been playing golf for over 40 years. My shots go in the general direction, trajectory, and distance I intend 90% of the time, BUT I can still hit a wacky seriously hideous shot I have never seen every once in a while!
 I like both the RX and RXS, and like the Callaway Supersoft. With an MSRP of $37.99, hopefully it will have a "street price" around $30. I have kinda ignored mid-priced balls like the Titleist NXT for a long time, not because I didn't like any of them, but because I would rather pay a little more for the premium ball -like the RX at a street price of $36- if I had a perceived need greater than the Solo at the $20 price point. If I could get RX/RXS feel and performance at...
Congratulations on your 1000th post and your progress in the game.
The first golfer's name I remember was Arnold Palmer.  Even as a kid, I knew who he was. After that, Lee Trevino and Jack Nicklaus. It was after I started playing that I became a fan of professional golf.   As far as playing, a buddy got me started playing in my teens, and the game itself hooked me in.
Actually, once you adjust, it makes you able to sustain your diet. I agree with you about the odd treat now and then, but the odd treat is what knocks you off the wagon. My weaknesses are ice cream and pecan pie, so I am definitely sympathetic, but you are better off if you just swear off white flour and processed sugar. I stayed on this diet for about 18 months, lost about 35 pounds and kept it off as long as I stayed on the diet. I felt better probably than ever. You can...
Next time you go shopping, be sure to read the ingredients on the package. If the word "sugar" is in the first five, put it back on the shelf.   Don't eat anything that contains white flour.   These two things alone are worth 10 permanent pounds.   I am off the wagon, but must get back on. After the holidays. And stay on.
See my signature and I also have an older set of Titleist DCI's in 1-PW. The one in the sig is a true butter knife. I am not great with it, but at least off the tee I can get it in the air and in the general direction and distance I intend. I have hit a few really good shots with it over the years, actually some of my most memorable shots.   The DCI is a cavity back, and while not huge, it is almost hybrid like compared the the "real" 1 iron. I have at times been fairly...
I generally prefer to play with others, but if no one shows up for the tee time, I still play. Once in a while, I do like to play by myself on a non-crowded day, and hit a couple of extra shots here and there to work on certain things in an on-course environment.
And, glad for the win for JD. I am hoping he continues to improve and get things together. He would be fun to watch on the Senior Tour.
 Happy anniversary and best wishes for years to come. It is a neat place to visit, and I have enjoyed the banter, education, and commraderie.