or Connect

Posts by greatwhitenorth

Why not try a driver with adjustable lofts? I've been playing a 10.5* TM driver but got it down to 8.5* and straight with a Cobra (cheapest one too). YMMV.
+2. Good deals on shirts, slacks and shoes.
Lessons had been positive so far. First instructor is ok but I was so new that progress was so slow.    Tried another instructor to fix my driving and he did. I usually hit line drives and short, OB or bad slice. This new instructor saw the wrong setup and fixed the line drives, then I thought my drives were too high after the lesson .    I think an hour lesson/session is too long. You can only correct so much in 1 session, as previously mentioned.
I'd suggest not to limit your selection until you have tried whatever you can get hold of. I have the TM Burner Superfast driver as well and I think it is me more than the driver. Then I got hold of a Cobra AMP Cell driver and tried the different lofts and I was very consistent, never missed the fairway, at 8.5* loft (used it twice so far). Check out the other adjustable loft drivers, try every loft and go from there.
Thanks for the replies. I won the driver from our local club as a raffle, they can't sell it anymore as it is getting late in the season for us so they had the raffle together with other clubs which roughly totals to $700 Canadian.  I woke up today with some sun so I went out to the golf course but quite windy with gusts here and there. Using the amp cell driver, set at 8.5, I hit all the fairways which amazed me to no end but the irons game wasn't there so the score was...
First post.   I won an R1 driver last week and it came  with a stiff shaft. I just started playing this year and swing speed is not yet that fast for a stiff shaft, 85-88 mph. I am thinking of selling it so I haven't tried to swing it at a golf ball yet but I am also thinking of using it in the future, the dilemma.   I've heard somewhere that the stock Aldila shaft on the R1 is "soft" so I am thinking it might work for me. Can someone please share your experience with...