or Connect

Posts by Stug

Update. Things are getting a lot better! I've used my putting mat everyday and after lots of experimenting have settled on ONE position that I feel comfortable in. (You know what it's like when you are trying anything to get better, one day I would feel bent knees, crouching felt good, the next very upright with very straight arms etc.). Using the mat I have settled on an easy, reproducible stance, switched to left hand low and have been improving steadily, then I tried a...
Thanks again everyone. My putting mat arrived yesterday and I've had a couple of sessions on it. Excellent to practice and start to feel comfortable with my new grip without feeling self conscious. Great that it has a nap and four different speeds. Tried knocking in a lot of 2 to 4 foot putts. I think if I'm more confident at that range then next I'll practice distance control with the thought that if I can lag to three feet then direction can be worked on later.
I suppose I'm saying to myself, let's make sure I'm capable of putting the ball consistently in a straight line. THEN I can start working on distance control and THEN on reading greens better. I just don't want to make lots of changes and not know what is helpful and what is not. Thought starting with the very basics first i.e. Consistency of stroke in a way I can replicate THEN...
Bought a decent putting mat. Going to switch to left hand low. Concentrate on my hitting the ball consistently straight and true. THEN going to worry about reading greens etc. Steve
Hi all Really grateful for all your helpful advice I will look at it all. Here's a copy of my last round. It's soooooo tough hitting a great 7 iron 160 yds into the heart of a green and deep down knowing you can add 3 or 4 shots onto where you are now. No positive thoughts, never think HEY a birdie chance ,I think "with a bit of luck I might make a bogey". I really sucks. 1st column PAR second colomn score and third column putts.   Edit: working on this.
Thanks everyone. I'm off to work so can't give details and answer some of your questions now. BUT... played yesterday shot 102 with 49 putts! Yes i only count putts on the green. Hit 6 GIR striking the ball pretty well.
Hi all. I'm better than this! Honestly. I strike the ball pretty well, hit 7-8+ GIR most rounds. Last week shot a 97 with 6 two putts and 12 three putts! Only broke 90 twice last year. I do practise my short game and my putting BUT I'm shocking.   HELP! Any ideas, anyone solved this problem?   Thanks   Stug
Not sure where most of you guys play but guess a lot of you must be on tour! I play weekly with all sorts of players at my home course and in a couple of society's and only very rarely see anyone shoot under about 85. Perhaps hackers like me (the huge majority) just don't post. After all isn't the average score for men around the hundred mark? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Just for the record I shot 94 today missed a few putts/chips/drives that I shouldn't and still...
110 today on a nice still sunny day on the same course I had an 88 last week! Gotta love golf!
Sounds like good advice. I guess we can all get in a groove hitting 7 irons or 5 irons 20 in a row