or Connect

Posts by Meeks

Ping G15 10.5 w/ Aldila NV Stiff TM V Steel 3 & 5 w/ Aldila Proto VS 70 R Adams Idea Pro Black 20 Adila VooDoo snv Callaway X18 Pro 4-P Titleist Vokey 251.07, sm 56-14, sm 60-04 Odyssey White Hot XG #7 Either a wedge, a wood or the hybrid stays in the truck.
IMO if it matches the set then yes it's a 10 Iron. But Your PW is 50.5* so no need for a gap wedge if that's what your worried about. They're great clubs by the way. The increase of loft is to fit even between the 9 and the 56* sand iron. My recomendation for additional wedges would be some brand new Ping eye 2 XG they're available in the sand and lob.
Ping G5 Driver- $40 Callaway X (2004) 3 wood- $25 Callaway Hawk Eye VFT 3 iron - $19 Callaway X18 Pro 4-P - won them Vokey oil can 252-08 - $30 Vokey SM2 56-14 & 60-04 - $250 Odyssey White Hot XG #7 - won it So $364 total. Probably round it up to $450 counting regripping and adjustments on the used clubs and the occasional headcover Won the bag too. I've been Jonesing for new irons, but I'd rather play a ton of rounds.
I would recommend looking into a nike covert pro. The 3 adjusts from 18 to 21 and the 4/5 from 21 to 24.
I know ping has offered 13.5* for the last few models. You can check all the major brands websites for specs. Another bonus is that the higher loft driver will tend to have softer flexes in the used market. As hammer said the right shaft, or at least close enough, is important. I would also advise to have her pick it out. You can do some recon in the used sections of your local shop. If she finds something she like without the right loft, then you'll know what to look for...
If she is just starting a driver might not be necessary a 3, 4 or 5 wood may fit the bill. However if the bigger head size gives her more confidence than a high lofted driver may be in order 13+ deg.
I would recommend getting a fitting either way. Whether you purchase a custom set or not you'll leave with a lot of knowledge about your swing and how different equipment can help. You should also get a spec sheet with recommendations for all your equipment. After that you'll get a good idea of how much to retrofit your current iron vs buying custom.
I think the real deciding factor is how well you play your current longest iron. Hybrids have their place. If you feel comfortable playing your current longest iron then try mixing in a regular 5 iron at the range or on windy days. You should always play what you're comfortable with, but as your iron play improves adding longer irons will help out your game.