or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

Yup, both Ronald Reagan and G.W. Bush managed to get over 35% of the Hispanic vote in each of their elections.  Mitt Romney last time got only 27%.  Doesn't mean Republicans need to pander, but simply not offending the third of Hispanics who might be voting for them is probably a good idea. One reason I think Rubio is popular as a 2nd choice; maybe not experienced enough for the top of the ticket yet, but I think a lot of people are liking him for VP.
Only if you are getting crazy and putting the most expensive shafts on everything, and then comparing to OEM shafts. Seriously? I do think the Adams Idea still might offer a better value overall, if you happen to fit into a standard length and lie set.  Part of the value in GG is that the length and lie adjustments are included in the price.  That a12 set only seems to be available at that price in one configuration.
 Because some were trying to apply 1-2. We shouldn't be worried about it, since 1-2 really doesn't apply, since the action is covered by another rule, which is one of the two exceptions to 1-2:   But if 1-2 were applicable, this is what it actually says:  So under 1-2, the question of Jordan's intent would be important.  This is a purely hypothetical question, since in no situation is lifting a ball not either permitted or prohibited by another rule.   But it seems to me,...
 Yes, but I think it's mostly noise. Anyone who has been around awhile will have those things.  But the budget was already pretty much in balance by 1997. The 1997 bill in fact, according to CBO projections, made things worse in 1998 (by $21 billion), and only better in the years following. So it was responsible for some of the surpluses after 1998.  But the 1993 bill was far more important in actually reducing the deficit and getting to surpluses by 1998.   In any case,...
 Great point. Funny thing is, I'm not sure Trump is even all that extreme at heart, ideologically. I think he's just so combative, he's going to come across that way, regardless of what position he takes.  Not a guy who knows how to "soft sell".  As for the general, I think Hillary would be beatable with the right candidate. If you look at her favorable/unfavorables, they are worse than Obama's.  But when we get to the nitty gritty of the campaign, I think you'll see that...
 Al Qaeda was the group who hijacked airplanes.  Taliban were the ones who imposed Sharia law in Afghanistan. And I think he meant to refer to one faction, not an entire party.  So I think the analogy would be to those who want to impose their religious opinions on others through the force of law.  That looks like an extremely unbalanced scale, to me.  From a historical perspective, nearly every modern Western Democracy is going to be extremely Libertarian on the social...
 Trump was a registered Democrat from 2001-2008. Has been increasingly supporting more conservative and Republican causes since about 2009. Prior to 2001 though, he was active in the Reform Party, which started with Ross Perot's 1992 campaign. I don't think he's a plant, I think he's basically an economic nationalist. He has always favored more protectionist trade policies, tighter immigration policies, supported auto industry bailouts, etc.  He's not really that socially...
 Rule 1-2 applies to "a ball in play", so it doesn't have to be the players own ball. But the main thing with 1-2 is that it only applies if no other rule permits or prohibits an action. So we don't get to it here. The other thing with 1-2 is it relies heavily on intent. Jordan's intent was arguably not to alter the movement of Dustin's ball, but simply to prevent his own ball from being moved. 
If it's on the green, the applicable rule is 16-1b.   In no case would Jordan incur a penalty if the ball hit his. Dustin would occur a two stroke penalty (under 19-5) only if he made his stroke from the putting green while Jordan's ball was at rest on the green, and then hit Jordan's ball. Not applicable though, since Dustin's stroke was from off the green.     If Jordan had previously marked and lifted the ball, and then replaced it, he would be permitted to mark it...
 Actually, you are missing the most important difference. The U.S. borrows in it's own currency.  And, we have a government with enough political stability and credibility that it could borrow a heck of a lot more at still very low interest rates. For the US, whether to borrow, tax, or print money is mainly a financing decision.  When long term interest rates are really low, like now, borrowing is arguably the most economical choice for taxpayers.  This is mostly true of...