or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

I'm convinced he was trying to describe what he really does in his actual swing, and in general I think he did a very good job of that.  Possibly some of the illustrations aren't exact, but they look pretty close to me.  As for "supination", I think like a lot of people he probably wouldn't know the technically correct medical term there. He clearly is making a distinction though between supination of the forearm, and supination of the wrist.  It seems apparent to me that...
I think it's a combination of both. And I think USGA regulations play a significant role here as well.    I think the limits placed on balls are actually a little stronger than those placed on clubs, so in recent decades there is going to be more improvement from clubs.  The club face can't really get any more efficient, but there are still things they can do with newer materials that make them lighter and allow higher swing speeds.    With balls, the initial velocity...
Hmm, an interesting therad bump.   I still think Hogan misused the word "supinate" in his book.  Yes, forearm supination occurs as well, but it occurs naturally throughout the downswing.  If it didn't occur, the butt of the club would still be pointing down the target line until shortly before impact.  Hogan clearly supinates the left forarm so that the butt of the club is pointing nearer to his left hip as the hands approach the ball.    So if you look at what the...
My experience so far with component clubs has mainly come from ordering from Gigagolf, where I've gotten irons, hybrids, wedges, and fairway woods and I've been absolutlely amazed at the quality for the price.  Also have an Acer driver and 3 wood made by Hireko which are OK, bought cheap as preowned clubs.    I especially wonder when I see people complaining of quality problems with some of the brand name stuff, whether quality from some of these smaller manufacturers...
There has been very little technological change in wedges in recent decades.  It's not like drivers where a good quality titanium headed club even from a budget brand is going to run $100 and up.  With wedges, the biggest difference between a $30 club and a $130 club is often going to be the name on it.  For some, it may be worth paying for forged rather than cast, but even that is more about "feel" than performance.    If you are willing to spend a little more and want...
 Yeah, Giga is good for what they are, and especially with irons I think there is very little difference in performance, but overall I see it as something like 90%+ of performance for less than half the price.  Nothing wrong at all though with wanting something better, just mentioned Giga in case price was an issue, and to point out you can order clubs the proper size even in cheap clubs, so you ought to be able to do the same if you are buying a brand name. Have you...
Actually meant to include this one, this is the one most similar to the RBZ:   http://www.gigagolf.com/club_detailsHTML.jhtml?manufacturer=GigaGolf&groupnum=MI-GGTM19-SET
Get fitted before you buy.  Especially if you are tall, since you aren't going to be able to lengthen the shafts later without replacing them. If it's too expensive or inconvenient to do a proper fitting right now, at least use one of those online tools which fits you based on measurments.  The disadvantage here is if you prefer to be especially upright or bent in your stance, you may want additional adjustment to lie, and a good in person professional fitting may also be...
 Yup. There will always be debateable guys on the margins.  If the best golfers left out are guys like Ryan Palmer and Richard Sterne (the highest ranked guys on the OWGR who didn't make it), there's no major flaw there.  Certainly you could argue that someone like Ryan Palmer or Kevin Na might currently be better than maybe 20-30 guys in this year's field.  But does that really matter? Those are all guys who have accomplished more at this point. And I'm sure there are...
 Well Blixt is there because he: 1. Finished fourth in the 2013 PGA Championship2. Won the Greenbrier Classic on 7/7/2013.3. Had a top 50 OWGR ranking at the end of 2013. If Na had managed to do any one of those things, he would have made it.  There's not much difference between the two in ability, but Blixt is there because he had the better year in 2013.