or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

Yeah, Giga is good for what they are, and especially with irons I think there is very little difference in performance, but overall I see it as something like 90%+ of performance for less than half the price.  Nothing wrong at all though with wanting something better, just mentioned Giga in case price was an issue, and to point out you can order clubs the proper size even in cheap clubs, so you ought to be able to do the same if you are buying a brand name. Have you...
Actually meant to include this one, this is the one most similar to the RBZ:   http://www.gigagolf.com/club_detailsHTML.jhtml?manufacturer=GigaGolf&groupnum=MI-GGTM19-SET
Get fitted before you buy.  Especially if you are tall, since you aren't going to be able to lengthen the shafts later without replacing them. If it's too expensive or inconvenient to do a proper fitting right now, at least use one of those online tools which fits you based on measurments.  The disadvantage here is if you prefer to be especially upright or bent in your stance, you may want additional adjustment to lie, and a good in person professional fitting may also be...
 Yup. There will always be debateable guys on the margins.  If the best golfers left out are guys like Ryan Palmer and Richard Sterne (the highest ranked guys on the OWGR who didn't make it), there's no major flaw there.  Certainly you could argue that someone like Ryan Palmer or Kevin Na might currently be better than maybe 20-30 guys in this year's field.  But does that really matter? Those are all guys who have accomplished more at this point. And I'm sure there are...
 Well Blixt is there because he: 1. Finished fourth in the 2013 PGA Championship2. Won the Greenbrier Classic on 7/7/2013.3. Had a top 50 OWGR ranking at the end of 2013. If Na had managed to do any one of those things, he would have made it.  There's not much difference between the two in ability, but Blixt is there because he had the better year in 2013. 
 If it's limited to multiple major winners who are active though, then it looks like we're down to Padraig Harrington, Retief Goosen, and John Daly, right? I don't think that would be bad at all, but I still don't really think it's necessary, either.
 Agree.  If anything, I think too much is sometimes made of winning a major. There have been guys who have won one major, with no other tour wins, like Shaun Micheel, Paul Lawrie or Luis Oosthuizen. And some good players out there who have yet to win a major, like Henrik Stenson. I'd rather see the best golfers, than guys who once just happened to have a good week at the right time. I don't mind so much them inviting past Masters winners, as it's basically a way of...
I wonder why more people aren't copying Calvin Peete's swing. Or maybe even Orville Moody's. Can anyone prove Moe Norman was more accurate than those guys? Did they not keep stats like fairway percentage or greens in regulation back in the 1960s?    All we seem to have on Moe is lots of anecdotal testimony, much of it from people who watched him hit balls on the range.  I know he only played briefly on the PGA tour, but he also played lots of years on the Canadian tour....
 Yes, if you're in a tournament where there's a referee, or there's a committee you can appeal to, you can leave it up to them to decide. But in a casual round where you are pretty much acting as your own committee, the best course of action is probably to inform your opponent of the rule, and leave the actual decision whether the ball is "clearly unplayable" or not to him.  Keep in mind you can ordinarily run afoul of the advice rule if you even try to influence another...
 This is the interesting question to me, and it would be interesting to see a decision at some point clarifying this.  To me, if the ball is 4 inches deep, that sounds to me clearly unplayable, in which case no free relief would be allowed even if it is in casual water.  Ruling 25-3 doesn't even address this, it only answers whether a ball is in casual water or not; whether relief was allowed is a separate question dependent on the specific condition the ball was in.  To...