or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

A lot of that is going to be differences in loft. Even the GX922 6 iron has more loft (31 degrees) than the TaylorMade Speedblade 7 iron (30.5). Here are the 7 iron lofts: 30.5 TM Speedblade32.0 Ping G2535.0 GX922
 You can make an argument that all of these guys are playing well. The thing with Snedeker is, we know that at his best he's reached a higher ceiling than most of these other guys (except maybe Mahan or Simpson).  I think that's really the strongest argument for Snedeker. But if you are looking at recent play, it's now 5 top 13 finishes in his last 9 starts. But you can also say Ryan Moore has 4 in his last 6 and Kevin Na 4 in his last 8. Keegan Bradley has 3 top 4...
 Yeah, and he has played well over the last couple of months, but still not really much (any?) moreso than Ryan Moore, Kevin Na, Bill Haas or Keegan Bradcley. I think the argument for Snedeker is mostly that he's had the best career, and did so very recently. Basically, he was a top 10 player in the OWGR in both 2012 and 2013. So he isn't having the best year, but he may still be one of the best players. Still, looking at the top USA players currently in the OWGR: 6. Jim...
I'm thinking Mahan and Bradley are in. The last spot could still be Dufner if he's healthy next week.  If not,  I'd be leaning towards Webb Simpson, but not that confident in it.   Going into the last week though, it's really still up for grabs. I could see going with Ryan Moore, as the guy who has had the best season, and Bill Haas has maybe become an interesting dark horse candidate as the guy who's playing well right now (T2 at Wyndham, T15 at Barclays).  And Kevin Na...
 It also makes it easier to compare against other casual players. Anyone maintaining a handicap of course would still have to follow the official rules. But in other sports, we do this all the time in recreational play, where we don't play by the exact same rules as the pros, but still want to have clearly defined rules that let us play an organized game. When you go play pickup basketball in the park for example, no one is going to be calling three second violations, but...
My guess is you are releasing the club too early; basically breaking the wrist before contact.  On the shorter clubs, the irons, you are probably doing this just after contact, which is actually helping them get that high in the air flight.    When I had this problem, I was aiming the swing too much at the ball, and a fix for me was to feel I was swinging at a spot farther out in front of the ball.    Another time I caused a similar problem by pulling my left arm in...
 I read something very similar today from one of the drivers in that race:  If that's what experienced sprint car drivers are saying, then there's really likely no grounds for charging Stewart with anything.  I still think the way Stewart turned probably made it worse, but it really looked like he may have thought he was going to hit him anyway, and maybe in that instant he thought it was better to try to turn the car rather than do nothing.  I'd still like to hear an...
 Actually Kevin Harper, who has played on the EuroProTour (Europe's top developmental tour) and played in the 2007 Open Championship at Carnoustie, is probably the best player of them. James Pickard was a +2.3 before turning pro in 2010.  When an amateur plays with them, they usually give a handicap.
Well I, for one, personally don't have any issues with "going forward".
 Agree. In NY, where this occurred, the appropriate charge would be second degree manslaughter.  With Ward wearing an all balck suit, it seems to me very likely Stewart only saw him very late and had very little time to react. But he did react. If he didn't, Ward would still be alive. It's impossible to prove intent here. But for second degree manslaughter, you only have to show that Stewart was reckless, and that this caused the death. And I can find no reasonable...