or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

I think you are underestimating how much better an LPGA player is than a female scratch golfer. If the LPGA ever played that Kiawah Island Ocean Course, they wouldn't be playing those 6200 yard tees, they'd be playing at the very least the 6475 tees (Mens CR 72.0).  You have to figure they are frequently playing courses which would have a CR for women of 77-78 or more. If they are playing courses with an average CR for men of 71-72, what do you think our scratch male is...
Yes, that's similar to the offsets on that course the LPGA players are playing this weekend. It looks like that card got the course ratings incorrect, though. The Thailand Golf Association has it as this: Black (was Blue when rated)74.1 132 Men80.9 140 Women Blue (was White when rated)71.4 126 Men77.6 133 Women White (was Yellow when rated)69.8 122 Men75.6 129 Women Red66.0 113 Men70.7 119 Women Thing is, they apparently used to call the tips blue, and the current blue...
Might depend what else you want to carry. Some people would go with 52, 56, AND 60, but if you want only one more wedge, the 58 degree sand wedge is probably just right (and should also work for short chips and lobs).
 Yes, but that scorecard also says (lower right) the course rating for those blue tees is 74.1 So by definition, our scratch golfer shoots about a 74 there about one round in five. So where do you think he is today after two rounds? Using Dave's formula of CR+1 for each round, he's at 150, tied for 66th in a field of 70, a full 20 strokes behind leader Stacy Lewis. It does seem a scratch golfer could make the LPGA tour and compete some, but I still think it's going to be a...
 At 5' 10" You can probably play standard size, and so long as the shaft flex is suitable to you, you can probably buy them and you can always get lie angle adjusted later, if you are sure these are the clubs you want. If you are planning on going at some point for a really professional fitting though, of the sort you might pay a couple of hundred dollars for, it would be best to wait. A good fitter can help you get into a clubhead design that is best suited to you and...
 Tour Edge. Or if you dont mind clone type designs, Gigagolf.
I wonder how many balls that is. I think it must be around 15,000.
 I imagine he gets lots of unsolicited "expert" advice, so I can understand why he might ignore some of it, and have trouble sorting out which to listen to. But this is all the more reason he really needs to have his own local expert he trusts. I think the only way to really apply "deliberate practice" successfully to golf is probably to seek out those experienced instructors who might know what some of the best drills and practice routines are. Just playing golf is not...
 Yes, it depends very much on the wording of the question, and what you assume about the rules of the game or the knowledge and motives of the host. Since the host knows what is behind the doors, and may not want to give away the car (which will cost his employers), then it might make sense to stay with your first choice, if you think the host might only make the offer when you have chosen the car. If however, the rules of the game state that the host MUST make the offer...
This really isn't a very convincing argument when the average scratch golfer is probably driving it 250.  According to the R&A: If you want an accurate measure, you probably need to use a rangefinder or gps. If you have a cellphone with GPS, there are free golf aps that will allow you to measure distance pretty accurately.  The truth is most golfer overestimate their distance, so don't be too ofended if some are skeptical. Many launch monitors in stores also are calibrated...