or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

I think it goes back to how Dan started this whole process, starting with putter, then chipping, then working his way up. He was probably a decent iron player before he ever even tried to hit a driver, and hasn't yet really gotten comfortable with it.
Agree. I get those cheap Wilsons at .42 cents per ball new in the red sack at Wall-Mart (and the sack itself is useful). If I really wanted the urethane balls, I might buy used. But with cheaper used balls, even Top Flites and Pinnacles still cost as much used as those Wilsons are new, and then you have to pay shipping unless you spend over $100. 
Inside Attack Cures A Slice   I'm Always Casting and Swaying   It All Comes Apart Suddenly   It's Almost Christmas and Snowing
 Yes, I had this thought above when reading the rant which said:  I had a laugh at the inconsistency of that. As someone above points out, People who play chess don't say they are "chessing". And people who play cards don't say they are "carding". Likewise, I would point out, they don't call themselves "chessers", and "carders", they are "chess players" and "card players". So I have no problem with those who insist that golf should not be used as a verb, if they want to...
 It's illegal according to the rules of golf. It doesn't matter the event, or if there is an event at all.
  1. First, consider that your video itself may not be accurate. Many cameras use a rolling shutter, which can cause some distortions with regard to high speed motion. 2. The "sweet spot" of the club as far as the ball coming off exactly straight may not be where you think the center is. And can depend on club design. And what happens on hits more towards the edges also varies depending on clubhead design. These effects shouldn't be large near the center, but just a few...
 Durability seemed fine, though I was losing them frequently enough this wasn't a major concern for me. It seems to me the easiest way to get to a 36+ cap is to hit lots of balls in the woods, the water, etc.  I will say though that they seemed almost indisitiguishable from some of the low end boxed dozens of Wilson balls, like the Titanium or Ultra 500 series, which cost twice as much per ball. All you are paying for with those is fancier boxed packaging. And definitely a...
Having been there not long ago, I still think the best choice for a 36 cap is the brand new red sack of 2 dozen Wilson "Extra Distance" for $10 at Wal-Mart.   Yes you can find used urethane balls for a similar price, but you won't get quite the same consistency as buying new balls, and you only get much benefit form the urethane on those lower spinny chips that a 36 cap isn't often hitting anyway.  And no, better golfers won't like these balls much because they don't...
 Wouldn't come into play, that section that was quoted above was only preventing pendulum swing designs, something we wouldn't want anyway.  Yes, but it would really have to work as a putter. If people felt the need to carry another putter to put with, I doubt it would pass the "designed primarily for use on the putting green" test.    I doubt whether even the long drive guys would actually game something longer than 48 inches in an actual round of golf. But lets ignore...
 Agree. The off the rack drivers are actually already too long for most golfers. If you look at top long drive competitors though, you will see they are mostly using the maximum allowed 48 inches.   But you don't generally see that even in top golfers; on the PGA tour for example, I think the average is still less than 45 inches.  If there were an advantage to going longer, they would.  This is why I thought the potential for getting around the COR limit was more...