or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

None of those guys are any better than the guys already on the team. Nothing wrong with those 5, but there's really no one you could say you would easily want to take out to have any of them. It's not like the Eurpean team, which has really handicapped themselves with a group of 40-something has-beens in Steven Gallacher, Thomas Bjorn, Lee Westwood, and Jamie Donaldson.  In the summer, before we knew the teams, and when Martin Kaymer, Sergio Garcia, and Victor Dubuisson...
Yeyasport is located in Hong Kong, doesn't have much of a track record, and I can't find any reviews or ratings on any of the major sources I would know to check (Better Business Bureau, Resellerratings, Bizrate, Trustpilot, Ripoff Report). How would you even know they aren't selling counterfeits?   I would stick to major online retailers with lots of positive reviews and A+ ratings, like GlobalGolf, TGW.com, and Rock Bottom Golf.    [And if you are OK with clone...
Ben Hogan:  So yeah, it's probably less than optimal. But if it's working with what else is going on in your swing, it's a reasonable adjustment to make.
If you have no need yet for a dynamic fitting yet, a static fitting (fitting to your height, wrist to floor, hand size, swing speed), which is what you can do online with any of these retailers (like gigagolf--fitting length, lie, grip size, shaft flex) is still a useful place to start. At least then you know you have clubs that would fit you well for a "typical" good swing, which is probably what you are working towards.  And anyone who thinks you can get just as good a...
 That looks pretty good. I think you've done a good job separating the best putters (probably Walker, Kuchar, Simpson, and Speith).  But I really don't like the Reed-Furyk suggestion, that one's too oil-and-water I think. You want Reed for his intensity, pairing him with a guy who seems as emotionless as Furyk might work against both.  I'd try this: Watson & Simpson - have worked together well in the pastMickelson & Bradley - another historically good pairingFowler & Reed...
 Yeah, those were the three I liked a week ago. I did think Kirk might have shaken things up with his performance this weekend, but I guess not enough to displace any of the others.
So it's Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan, and Webb Simpson.
I think people are making too much of pairing well with Phil Mickelson or Bubba Watson. Practically any right handed golfer is going to be complimentary to Phil Mickelson or Bubba Watson. Do people really think there is anything special about Keegan Badley that made that a good team?   If Watson really wants to be strategic, maybe he should surprise everyone and reach for Brian Harman, just to have another lefty.
 Yeah, that's the thing. Here's the 10-15 in Ryder Cup points through the PGA championship: 10 Dufner11 Moore12 Todd13 Bradley14 Kirk15 Simpson I was mistaken above about a replacement for Dufner, as he's not in the top 9. I think there had been speculation at some point about Kuchar, but he's obviously healthy and playing well, so no replacement needed, thus Moore is not on the team. Anyway, if you had told me at the time that one of these guys would be leading the Fed Ex...
 Of course the problem witht he current Fed Ex Cup ranking is it probably gives too much weight to two tournaments. In the season standings, Mahan was only at #62.  Chris Kirk on the other hand, was at #10 even in the season standings. I think Kirk's performance maybe now rules out Haas, since they are somewhat similar arguments, and Kirk's case is now stronger. I was impressed that Haas hadn't missed any cuts all year, but Kirk only missed two.  The problem is, while Kirk...