or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

I think November would be perfect. There would still be 5 months then to get the course ready for the Masters, it wouldn't interfere in any way.
 They could possibly move the U.S. Womens Open to October one year.  But a better choice might be for Augusta to simply host the LPGA Tour Championship in November.  This will only be the third year it is held at Tiburon, it's not like there's any long tradition or attachment to that venue.  No need for a "masters", or another major, but it would be a good opportunity for Augusta to do something for the women, and for the ladies to get a chance to experience Augusta. That...
 Yeah, it is pretty shocking to see this at grandmaster level. Though this guy was only a GM since last year and wasn't that well known.  But he was in a well known event playing in a match against a recognized long-time top 100 player. It's like if someone got into a PGA event by winning a state championship, and then was caught blatantly cheating in a match against someone like Angel Cabrera or Brian Harman. It's hard to imagine how you could cheat this much in golf,...
Try visiting an independent clubfitter like this:   http://www.fsgolf.net/Pages/default.aspx   You might pay $125 for a comprehensive iron fitting. But they can probably also build a custom fit set of Wishon or Alpha irons for less than what you would pay for those off the rack Mizuno or Ping.
 150 degrees? But 150 degrees isn't one of the universal cosmic angels! What do you think would happen if NASA tried to launch rockets without using the universal cosmic angles?
1. Cheapest you can find. Used balls are a good alternative. For cheap new balls, I like the Wilson Extra Distance in the red sack, 2 dozen for $10 at WalMart (I think maybe a Walmart exclusive). The Wilson Titanium in the 18 pack seems to be practically the same ball.   2. When you get to where you can hit it straight enough to get through 9 holes while only losing a couple, then consider moving up. If you aren't hitting it far, that means slow swing speed, which means...
 I think the way to test would be a harness like this:  With a rope chair you might be afraid of falling off. With the harness, with a swivel joint on it, there would be no way to generate meaningful resistance to power a rotational movement. The rope would only be resisting gravity, holding you up above the ground, nothing more.  But you would have the freedom then to take a full turn and really let the clubhead swing around your center of mass. I bet with a little...
 I think you do need some of that course time in order for what you are learning in those drills to be integrated into your game. But I don't think he really needs to be playing every day for that, either. A few rounds a week is probably plenty. I'm sure there are people who play a lot more than that, but don't make much progress, because they aren't really pushing themselves in a disciplined way to improve weaknesses and learn new skills. Ideally he might also work up to...
 One of the significant results of the "deliberate practice" research is that it can be counterproductive to do more than about 4 hours a day. There's only so much your mind/body can absorb on a regular basis in one day. For most people the optimal amount is thought to be 3-4 hours, probably best divided into two sessions. And even 2 hours a day is enough to make substantial progress. So I wouldn't assume doing it "full time" means he will make that much faster progress....
At first, for a moment, I thought it was Demi Moore.