or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

For most people, they certainly aren't worth it. There's a guy named Tom Wishon, who is one of the more knowlegable guys in the industry (notable club designer, researcher, and author of best selling books on golf equipment) who regularly comments at GolfWRX, and he basically says, flex and bend profile matters "a little, but not even close to as much as what you can do for the average golfer with the best fit for his length + loft + face angle + shaft WEIGHT +...
  Love that swing. The Somax guys are nuts.
They are so close in loft that I'm not surprised the newer 7 wood is longer. Are they similar in club length? A longer club CAN give you more distance, but it depends on your swing. It's possible you hit the 7 wood better due to shaft length, club & shaft weight, swingweight, flex, etc. Things that really depend on what is best for your swing.   Typically I would think a 5-wood would have a loft around 18 degrees. Initially I thought it might be smaller because it's...
 I think the Ryder Cup standings are a horrible way to pick the most deserving. They give no weight to prior PGA performance, aside from 2013 majors, and put too much weight only on 2014 money won. I think there would be better ways of determining who is most deserving. But I also think any formula is bound to be flawed in some way, which is why it's good to have Captian's picks which aren't required to follow this formula.
 Yes, I would like to see this used to look at other achievments. For example, Ben Hogan didn't do anything before age 25, but I wonder what this metric would say about his run from 1949-1953. Or maybe look at Byron Nelson in that one amazing 1945 season, where he won 18 times, including 11 in a row. I wonder what his Z-scores were that year compared to other great single seasons.
 Yeah, Reed is going to get mentioned mainly because he's the next guy on the list in Ryder's Cup points, but he hasn't done anything really before this year, and the only history there of being any good in match play really comes from his amateur career.  I think the whole point of having captain's picks is so that you can leave guys like Reed off in favor of more deserving players. But partly, I think Reed also has a very competitive personality, somewhat like Ian...
Phil is a no-brainer. Tiger is a little more uncertain. Tiger seems to be healthy, and has probably just been a little rusty, but you'd still like to see a little more to be sure. If things get worse rather than better in the coming weeks, you might have to leave him off.   After that, the strongest candidates for me are Patrick Reed, Keegan Bradley, and Web Simpson. I actually think Simpson would be the best choice of those at the moment, but the argument for Keegan...
 Michelle Wie presets the hip pretty far forward, with good secondary tilt, even head tilted a bit, and doesn't overdo the backswing either. Shoulders at the top are still pointing ahead of the ball, and the club doesn't come near to parallel, and this is either a driver or three wood off the tee. She even has the ball maybe an inch back of where many people are playing that shot.       The three substanital differences I see from what Kiran is teaching are: 1. She...
Patrick, nice job with the video. You mention, in a couple of places, stepping into the left heel.  I'm wondering, does Kiran actually teach this anywhere, or is it your own addition?
 Don't they have an accurate translation of the rule book available in Korean?