or Connect

Posts by acerimusdux

I should add, 1-3 explicitly excludes penalty for agreement to play out of order in stroke play, by directly referencing 10-2c: So I wasn't aware until I looked, but not only do the rules explicitly have no penalty for playing out of order, they also explicitly have no penalty under 1-3 for an agreement to play out of order in strole play.
 I think this probably comes down to disagreement over the meaning of "ready golf".  Most of us seem to think it means allowing players to agree to play out of turn when doing so will save time. I think the 10-2c/2 decision makes clear that would be allowed. If an agreement is allowed in a certain situation, it must also be allowed to agree to do this in advance should that situation arise.  Most of Wendy's objections though seem to involve players agreeing to disregard...
It's been a good year for LPGA golf, some very entertaining moments. Paula Cramer's eagle to win an intense playoff with Azahara Munoz at the HSBC. The brilliant play of the Spanish women to win the inaugural International Crown Match Play championship, especially Carlota Ciganda's dominating round (amazing iron play).  The resurgence of Michelle Wie.  The emergence of Lydia Ko and Lexi Thompson. And a personal favorite of mine, Mo Martin's win in the British Open.   And...
 That's what I was thinking. But it might depend on what people mean by "ready golf". I'm not sure if it is clearly defined anywhere how to properly play "ready golf". I think I'm with Wendy above, in that I prefer to play with people who know how to follow the rules on order of play, and simply be ready to hit when it's their turn. But with golfers who can do that, I have no problem playing "ready golf" either. That just means that occasionally, if someone isn't ready to...
 Actually, low compression means it should bounce more. This may seem backwards, but "low compression" means it actually compresses more at lower speeds. That is, it takes less force to compress than a high compression ball.  Which is why it's hot off the putter. The putter is low speed.  The driver is probably the only club where your speed might be a bit much for a "low compression" ball. You aren't swinging 100 mph with your other clubs. Curious what the ball flight...
Not according to the USGA and R&A: It's only against the rules if you do it to give a player an advantage.
Ritter Sport Dark Chocolate with Marzipan
I haven't totally cut the cord, but I do love my Roku. Get good internet service from Comcast, and have cut back to only the basic channels over cable. Netflix works great, and I get the MLB package every year, which has a Roku channel as well (and not a fan of the local team, so local game blackouts don't usulally matter to me). I get both of those in good quality high definition. Occaisionally there's an issue where I have to reboot my router, the roku device, or the...
That's what Tiger pays Mark Steinberg for, and he did a great job here. I can't see any reason Tiger wouldn't want this to be a story. It's an embarassment only to Dan Jenkins and Golf Digest. If they can't see that, then the joke is on them.
It's an invitational, so a limited field. They invite something like the top 40 ranked golfers, maybe 30 of those accept, then there's a few sponsor invites, a few of those to golfers from Mexico City, maybe a past winner or two, etc.