or Connect

Posts by peteraleman

Just recently I had logged into my clubs website and they are advertising some new gadget that is suppose to help measure just about everything from swing, speed, distance, distance carried and spin of ball.  The gadget is called an ES14 from Ernest Sports and is being advertised for over $500.00.  Do any of you know what this is?  I would like to know a little more info especially from those that actually own it. Does it work, is it accurate, is it worth the investment?...
Everyone, thank so much for answering my question.  It is very much appreciated.  Some gave more than others, but felt like I got a good dose of good information.  I do belong to a club, its actually free. It is called the The Grint.  This is a mostly online club that has members around the country. In my area we are about 458 strong, every area around the country should have something similar set up.  The club is USGA regulated and in my area they put up an event once a...
I want to ask a serious question here.  I am hoping for an honest answer and I hope to get many on this topic. I have been playing for over 22 years now. No, I am not a single digit handicapper although I would like to be.  But I am curious, do any of you belong to a local golf club or even a national one? If you don't belong to one, curious why you haven't.  If you do belong to one, how has your experience been with your organization and how important is to you?   Now I...
On Saturday I played at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando, FL shot a 109, the rain was horrible.  The course was beautiful, would love to play again on better conditions. 
I hadn't posted in a few days, but last week I played at the Biltmore Golf course CR/SLOPE 68.2/115.  I hit a 101, I was doing great, but shanked 3 holes which would have put me in the mid to low 90's. It is what it is!
I tried to go play yesterday at Palmetto Golf Course, finished the front 9 with a 51 which isn't horrible for me, but my short game for some reason is giving me issues, should have shot a 45 at worst. It started to rain hard midway thru hole 11 that was a par 3, par'd the hole but that is where I finished.
Well here is my input.  I have been playing since 1992, I have always been a low 100's player, I once broke 100 for a 95 and could never repeat it. In the last 4 years I took a break from the game to tend to my business and just started playing about a little over a month ago.  my first round 140, hard course, but horrible score none the less.  I took some lessons and quickly improved back to my old low 100's score.  Well where am I going with this, I quickly improved...
Played today at Killian Greens in the Kendall area, CR 68.9/113.  By far the best golf I have played in a very long time, shot a 90, 50-40. The last 8 holes I Par'd.  The course is horrific and would never play there again.  The fairways were more like roughs and the greens were spongy and slow with a little over growth in some holes while others had a hole on one end and some other holes that you can barely call a green!  Although it may have been my best golf in a while,...
Good morning everyone.  I wanted to share this with all of you and wanted to get some of your input on this.  For the last few weeks I have been searching for some new clubs, specifically, a new putter, fairway wood and a new driver.    My putter was probably the easiest one to get, I first started searching for a high end club and oddly enough the club that fit the best was a generic $40.00 club, I have never putted this well before.   The next club I was looking for...
I don't know if you already went and got your clubs Rock26, but I can tell you that for the last 3 weeks I have been in the market to get a new driver and replace my nearly 15 year old generic beginner driver.    I looked into the following clubs; Nike Covert, Callaway X Hot, TM SLDR, R1, and the R11S.  I tested all of them several times in different shops to get a feel for what the sales guy would say and to just a get a feel from different days.  At the end, buying a...