or Connect

Posts by peteraleman

On Saturday I played at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando, FL shot a 109, the rain was horrible.  The course was beautiful, would love to play again on better conditions. 
I hadn't posted in a few days, but last week I played at the Biltmore Golf course CR/SLOPE 68.2/115.  I hit a 101, I was doing great, but shanked 3 holes which would have put me in the mid to low 90's. It is what it is!
I tried to go play yesterday at Palmetto Golf Course, finished the front 9 with a 51 which isn't horrible for me, but my short game for some reason is giving me issues, should have shot a 45 at worst. It started to rain hard midway thru hole 11 that was a par 3, par'd the hole but that is where I finished.
Well here is my input.  I have been playing since 1992, I have always been a low 100's player, I once broke 100 for a 95 and could never repeat it. In the last 4 years I took a break from the game to tend to my business and just started playing about a little over a month ago.  my first round 140, hard course, but horrible score none the less.  I took some lessons and quickly improved back to my old low 100's score.  Well where am I going with this, I quickly improved...
Played today at Killian Greens in the Kendall area, CR 68.9/113.  By far the best golf I have played in a very long time, shot a 90, 50-40. The last 8 holes I Par'd.  The course is horrific and would never play there again.  The fairways were more like roughs and the greens were spongy and slow with a little over growth in some holes while others had a hole on one end and some other holes that you can barely call a green!  Although it may have been my best golf in a while,...
Good morning everyone.  I wanted to share this with all of you and wanted to get some of your input on this.  For the last few weeks I have been searching for some new clubs, specifically, a new putter, fairway wood and a new driver.    My putter was probably the easiest one to get, I first started searching for a high end club and oddly enough the club that fit the best was a generic $40.00 club, I have never putted this well before.   The next club I was looking for...
I don't know if you already went and got your clubs Rock26, but I can tell you that for the last 3 weeks I have been in the market to get a new driver and replace my nearly 15 year old generic beginner driver.    I looked into the following clubs; Nike Covert, Callaway X Hot, TM SLDR, R1, and the R11S.  I tested all of them several times in different shops to get a feel for what the sales guy would say and to just a get a feel from different days.  At the end, buying a...
I went back to Palmetto golf course yesterday, shot a 103, 2 stroke improvement on the same course.  I am really happy about that. My drives were descent but on the last few holes I just started slicing it and couldn't figure out why.  I finally got a par on a par 3 and had 2 GIR which I am super excited about.
On Wednesday, I played at Palmetto Golf Course, CR 70.3/123 slope.  I shot a 107 not bad, continuously improving which is what matters. This course isn't where it should be, the fairways are not the best, the greens on the other hand are really good, not fast and not slow, just right! I like the course, it's near home and has treated me very good.  I am still having issues with my long game while my short game is becoming very good.  Most of my chips are near the hole and...
Yesterday, Pembroke Lakes Golf Course CR 71.5 Played off the blues shot for 116, felt sluggish going into the back 9. Playing from the blues proved to be hard, but the group I was playing with all agreed to play from the blues. No worries, the hard the game can only help me get better!