or Connect

Posts by randomzero

1. I've done fairly well with this. I can hit a draw or a fade pretty consistently when I want to, and had 10 GIR just a few weeks ago. 2. Most of the time, I've been smarter. Sometimes I have a lapse in judgment, but I'm generally planning around my misses and laying up instead of going for everything(especially when it's probably out of range anyway). Not going to count the 3w I topped TWICE instead of laying up and near-guaranteeing a birdie chance. 3. I think I only...
 Yeah, that would have been fine. I didn't see it as asking for trouble, since it was a slow day and if we had split into two groups we would have held more people up instead of just allowing them to play through, which we did whenever we saw someone coming up behind us. I think we had let 3 groups through in the first 4 holes, and then didn't have anyone behind us until that incident. I'm glad no one was hit or hurt, especially the kids, but there's no sense in hitting...
 Yeah, I meant the "ghosts". Most of them wipe away with a damp cloth, but some of them don't. Well, they don't easily, at least. I noticed that ones that I can't remove will disappear after I use the club and wipe it down a day or so later. Some remain faint for a while.
I recently got some Gigagolf irons, woods, and 56* wedge. I really like the wedge. Until I play an actual round, I'm not sure, but the irons seem more accurate, and the woods seem pretty good. Of course, my comparison is to 15 year old Wilson Staff irons, and cheap woods.   Like others have said, price and customization options were my primary reasons for getting them. I'd love to have OEM clubs set up for me, but I don't have the funds. I got all of those clubs the way...
1. Hit more consistent shots.   2. Play smarter.   3. Consistently shoot in the 80's.
Another idea: maybe you need new grips for your clubs?
How do you get rid of ball marks? Saw the post about ball marks on top of woods, but I mean the face. lol.
I was looking for posts about hitting off the heel and found this thread and a few others. I just started hitting my new clubs yesterday and could easily see the ball marks on them. I hit every club on the heel. My irons weren't too bad, but still too much towards the heel. Woods and driver were pretty terrible.   So, I saw a post/s that said to try standing further away, which I had tried. What I hadn't tried was what another post/s said, which was to try standing...
Well, if you do end up looking for a ball OB and see there's someone waiting on the tees behind you, you can always just wave them through while you look. I wouldn't worry about how fast you play. If you're playing relatively slowly, and feel that someone behind you is faster, you can always let them play through.
Earlier this year, six of us played a 9 hole course, including my young cousin and his friend(both 13). We had cleared it with the people in the clubhouse and allowed anyone close to us to play through. We were playing best ball, and moving along faster than if we had split into two groups. We let anyone behind us go by, and didn't hold anyone up. We didn't have anyone behind us for quite a while, but as we were finishing putting on the short 7th hole's green, someone hits...