or Connect

Posts by zenbudda

I thought the OP said he hit it high?   I was responding to him, not the general public lol.
things to ask yourself if all you are interested in is breaking 100:   1. how many 3 putts are you making?  if you made 3 3-putts, then you should have made a 99 to break 100.  this means you work on putting only (which is very easy on the back lol) 2. how many 5 foot putts did you miss?  imho you should never miss these putts.  maybe 1 putt every 2-3 rounds, but never more than 1 a round and hopefully not more than 1 every few rounds. 3. how many 10-15 foot putts did...
do this.  get 5 feet from the hole.  leave the pin in.  take 10 balls.  putt them fairly hard (data set A).  how many of those putts go in and how many bounce off the pin?  do this 10 times to have a good set of #'s to work with.  then do the same thing with soft putts (data set B).  now ask yourself this question:  when you are putting/chipping from the fringe, are you trying to jam the ball into the hole (data set A) or roll the ball into the hole (data set B).  what %...
It seems to me there are 2 answers.  One for the average golfer, and one for the tour level golfer.   The average golfer's answer: Lower lofted driver Learn to hit a draw Play the ball just a tad further back in your stance but keep your hands out front like you are hitting it as if it were further up in your stance   The tour level golfer: deloft the club before impact but do not swing down on the ball.   play the ball further back in the stance
the same squat posture at the top, the drop, then the unwind with a standing pop-up finish.
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, if not, feel free to move it.   Check out this young man's swing:     Just wow.  I wish someone had instructed me on these things when I was strong and limber and overloaded with testosterone.  lol.   Anyway, my eyes may deceive me, but is he moulding himself into similar fundamentals as tiger/rory?
iacas, then it seems what i read is either wrong or just from a different swing philosophy.  my body position does not seem to support letting your arms fall wherever if your shoulders pull your arms.     would you say your arms need to swing "more towards the ground" than where your shoulders pull them?  it seems my hands drift way too far away from me if i let my shoulder turn put them over the ball.  it would be nice if there were a simple drawing tool to illustrate....
I am having a problem right now with an outside-to-inside path.  I video taped myself from dtl and fo views and I think I have most of my early extension and too-much-forward-lean problems solved.  However, I do know that I am consciously thinking to myself that I have to    1. slightly shift weight to left 2. start unwinding hips 3. start rotating the shoulders 4. start swinging the arms   I just read some stuff online that says you should start swinging with your...
If "I" were in your situation   1.  I'd stay away from letting Golfsmith making decisions for you.  Everyone else can get up-in-arms about this, but they are there to make money first and foremost.  Their "expert fitting" consists of some +15 handicapper attempting to "guess" which clubs will work for you that will max out your gift cert.   2. Instead, talk directly to your trainer.  If he's worth what you're going to pay him, HE/SHE will analyze your swing (swing...
I have 2 tips of play.  Keep in mind, I haven't had too many good days myself in recent history.  But today I found "a plan" and stuck to it.  I based it on how I was doing at the driving range before the game.  I was hitting tons of blocks and pushes/fades when I'd swing "full speed".  I then started hitting chip shots and was able to even out my ball flight to a slight draw.  I slowly built back up to normal swing speed and found that when I got to that speed, the...