or Connect

Posts by SteveBamford

In-truth this is one of the most open, and most anticipated US Open's for a long while.  These conditions are sure to play to the strengths of some European Tour regulars.
Great shots - thanks for that
Just a couple of comments: 1) World Match Play tiring Rory McIlroy - Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood in 2012 made it into the weekend's action at Dove Mountain (McIlroy finished runner up, Westwood finished 4th), flying east and contending for victory at PGA National the week after. Rory won the Honda Classic, with Lee Westwood finishing 4th. He's got previous!   2) A 5th Major Championship - I totally agree. We could do with another Major outside of the US.  China makes...
Thanks for the information.  The course looks very unique in it's layout.  An old quarry I believe, and the youngest course to host a US Open since Hazletine in 1970.
I'd have thought that FedEx would have something to say about it. 4 weeks intense coverage becomes...........a few days. Not sure the Marketing Director would like the idea.
Any view on why they are so bad?  It looked to me that the Orlando part of Florida had received quite a lot of rain from the turn of the year.
T21 +2
How can a guy who has won the US Open, PGA Championship and Open Championship by the age of 25 be overrated? He has weaknesses, but so do all professional sports people.  It's going to be fascinating this week to see if he can cope with the really high winds and fast opening 36 hole conditions at PGA National this week.
Love these behind the scenes views. Thanks JetFan.  Although he ultimately couldn't convert (again) Sergio impressed last week in his first US start of 2015.
How does Kikuyu differ from say Perennial Rye or Bermuda when it comes to the fairways and rough?