or Connect

Posts by Nked95

I agree with you to a certain extent. I believe the golf world is in fact trying to preserve the concept of "fair play" in golf, or at least whatever is left of it by taking away a part of the game many feel as an easy fix to their putting woes. The argument, unfortunately, is that if every other piece of equipment is technologically advancing so players hit it farther, spin it more, etc..., why can't the putter be advanced as well? My only answer to that is every other...
  I'm glad you pointed this out because by that reasoning, it essentially shows that the golf world views the anchored putting stroke as a beneficial alternative to their current putting stroke. Since players switch to the anchored stroke as a result of poor putting, the anchored stroke obviously must carry some weight as a better way to putt or else people wouldn't switch to it. 
Even if the advantage is not substantial, it still seems to be present. I'm also glad you mentioned the integrity of the stroke because that ties back into the traditional aspect of the golf world. It's long been accepted to use the conventional stroke so when recently many more players are using an unconventional strokes, especially in seemingly the most conventional aspect of the game, the integrity of golf seems to dwindle. 
Thank you for this post! It helps clarify the actual ruling really well!
Thank you everyone for the feedback! I would just like to point out that I don't consider the advancements in technology to help the ball be hit farther or spin more untraditional, just that the actual physical act of making an anchored stroke untraditional. It looks unnatural when compared to the conventional putting stroke which is why I feel that was one of the reasons the ban came about in the first place.