or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

since i can only speak with authority on "one example" (me)...   when i cut all that crap out of my diet (in addition to most saturated fat, and other "goodies" i had indulged myself in for 50 years), i literally felt 20 years younger within 3 months...   only real sugar, and in moderation...   someone said earlier that "sugar is bad for you"...   an overabundance of sugar is bad for you...   i still crave candy bars and coca-cola...  and will occasionally allow...
i think if i had been a marshal, i probably would have enjoyed it too...   i didn't think it was a "us open" though...   i freely admit to being old, cranky and stuck in my ways...  :)
no.  never.   shinnecock is enough for the "every now and then let's do something different"...    give me back my 6 inch rough all the way around the greens, green grass and no mickey mouse "play it 70 yards offline in order to get it to the target" crap...
ed sneed puking up the 79 masters by bogeying the last 3, (which on 18 included a bad short iron from the middle of the fairway and a pulled 6 footer for par, as well as 3 jacking 16 and 17) always comes to mind, but doesn't seem to get brought up often...
don't confuse "plenty of charisma" with "walking advertisement with why golf is still considered a white bread sport by many"...  bubba, as much as i dislike his "ugly american" antics, has charisma... billy ho, while people may not like what he has to say and where he says it, has charisma... jordan, sadly, does not...  i wish he did...   even rory has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that makes him interesting...  others may differ... fwiw, that takes nothing away from his...
no, he's not the new jack either...yes, it took them a long time to warm up to jack, primarily because he beat the stuffing out of palmer...
one comment on the "flexibility" of the course.... frankly, i don't want the setup guy to "design" the golf course... multiple driveable par 4's on one 9 is a good example of why "setup guys" shouldn't be given the "flexibility" to re-design the golf course at will... i have no problem when the designer mixes a driveable par 4 in, fwiw... because he DESIGNS it that way, with risk/reward... on the 2 yesterday, multiple "poor" shots were rewarded, and you had to hit...
the "problem" there is that while jordan has played some spectacular golf, he has the charisma of a turnip... and part of being a "superstar" is charisma...and yes, he's a long way from "new tiger"... people are already forgetting how frigging dominant tiger was...
be careful with the use of "probabilities"...   there's been some misuse in this thread...     miss cut, and not even close, imo...