or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

thinking outside the box for a second... formula 1 drivers... they have: - exceptional hand/eye coordination... - ability to maintain a high level of concentration under intense pressure... - ability to provide feedback to their "coach" (i.e. if i do "this", "that" happens)... - very high levels of conditioning and fitness... - "fast" hands... - ability to do a difficult repetitive task over and over (hit the braking zone and apex at every corner for 60 or 70 laps, as...
so...   force people to take a test to partake in a "leisure activity"...    it may encourage more people to take up golf in sweden by making it exclusive...   i'd wager a large sum that particular bit of social structure wouldn't work the same way over here...  to be honest, i think the majority of people here who proclaim how much they "love and care about the game of golf" (usually with a "gentleman's game" or other "finchian" verbiage thrown in) really only give a crap...
because (like many other things in golf), they've been around since day 1, and heaven forbid that we should realize that games evolve and maybe golf should too...   bunkers make the game harder for hackers and easier for good players...  hazards are not something that a good player should benefit from, and they do...    however, as alluded to in sentence one....   we are playing under the essentially the same rules that were set down eons ago...   and if you bring up the...
either:- you watch very little golf and consume very small amounts of media, and thus "don't pick up much",or- you are being intentionally obtuse...
my ears are open...   how about you try?   one of the big premises of the op is that "rory isn't american, and that makes a difference to american golf fans" (which, fwiw, i agree with, as it would be consistent with basically everything else in the world)...
 "extremely accurate and apt"?  really?  jack is from ireland, not ohio?  i must have missed something somewhere along the way...
personally, i don't care where they came from... usa, europe, mars, whereever... rory right now is the favorite to watch, because he posesses the "gear no one else has" and makes the very hard look very easy, and he is the first since the glory days of "you know who" to have that combination... it also helps that he has a certain charisma/aura plus a "little brother likeability" that the other guys simply don't possess... many of the younger talented players (i'm...
actually, the issue is that he only acts like an adult from time to time, and the majority of the time he acts like a child...everyone has their "child-like" moments... those are excusable, even though they might cause us to wince at times... bubba seems to have the mentality of a 5 year old as his "default state", and occasionally will visit the adult world...
it is easier to play a more athletic game when you are actually athletic to begin with... basketball really isn't the place you want to go with this argument... the vast majority of players in the 60's couldn't even sniff the floor for a major college team today, let alone an nba team, and it has zero to do with "rule changes"...also, i am aware of no major rules changes in golf that have significantly changed the way the game is played...what has changed is that there...
15 wd's? where exactly did you pull THAT number from?