or Connect

Posts by alf174

I'd throw all that neat stuff in the car and use it.
Saturday, 400 yard dog leg right. At the inside of the turn my drive trickled down to a collection area a couple of feet short of OB and I couldn't see the green. To get on, I needed to go under some overhanging brush, past a tree on the OB line, then fade it about 20 yards. Or layup in front of the stream that crossed on the approach. Without thinking I hit a hybrid, under the brush around the tree with the fade & got it on the green and 2 putted for par. Looking...
Other than local micro breweries, my favorites are Victoria, Indio, Dos Equis Amber, and Sam Adams Winter Lager. All else fails Bud Lite. And I do enjoy a Michelada every once in a while.
I carry Bobby Jones & Louisville golf. These have stayed in my bag because they work better than others I've tried.
Surprising considering she's a tour veteran. Just guessing, one would think she may witnessed something similar in the past with a fellow competitor and the consequences. Rules are Rules (even I knew that one). Julie, next time just grab a couple of clubs at once.
Having just read some of the book & practiced the drills, it felt to me that S&T actually promoted a inside-to-outside swing. I'm not using S&T 100% but what I did get out of the drills has worked into my swing and my directional control & distance is better this season, especially the slicing. Now its more of a fade and it stays out of trouble; first or 2nd cut verses OB :whew:.
8 rounds / year is not enough to improve on. I know quite a few people that play 8 rounds a month and are quite content shooting around 100.
Bigger than a dog turd, I've got two new Louisville Persimmons in my bag now; they are fun to hit. Sorry, i digress, back to topic.
52* from around 70 or PW from around 100, both about 3/4 shots which feels very good for control.
My longest drive this year in the fairway was 265, usually 180 to 200. There are 3 guys at my club that I've witnessed hitting their drives 300+.