or Connect

Posts by jbro06

Concur.  Ill just say that when i was improving my game, that i was so focused on improving that i didnt keep score when i played...  I gave my self one point for every hit fairway and one point for every GIR. (These were my trouble spots) And i made it a game within a game...  Took some of the stress out of it and help me relax which i think helped me improve more.  Bogey golfers get so caught up in what they shoot, myself included, that they forget that they are trying...
it just comes down to my play style, i am better with my mid irons than wedges.  So i want my second shot to be somewhere between 150-200 yards.  And im avg off the tee at 290...  So 6000yd courses become all drive and wedge, with the exception of the few longer holes of course.
Me personally i play from the tips, but thats just because its easier for me.  Im long off the tee and rarely come across holes that i need anything more than a 6i on second shot.  I have a 4hy that i have just in case for those pesky super long par 5s.  so i try and play over 7000 when i can
 I agree GIR regulation is a fantastic way to keep your scores low, however do you know how much harder that is to do when you are not in a position to make a play for the green...  Can you still make GIR from the rough, sure, i do it intentionally sometimes to take shortcuts. But what im saying is that it makes hitting GIR "easier" if you can keep it in the fairway (and fairway for those of us non-professional types = Fairway+first cut).When you are not in tall grass the...
I was right here with you guys until about a year ago when i decided to make changes...   Until that point i had always thought that the way to be good was to hit the ball 400yds off the tee and thats how you have good rounds, well it doesnt matter how far you hit the ball if you cant hit it straight.  So i focused on removing that deadly slice that continued to get me into trouble off the tee, which in turn made me have to play catch up, which led to terrible rounds and...
As a tall and fit athlete i find it impossible to find anything that fits... Im 6'5 220lbs and i wear a 36x38 pants which does not exist with any sport apparel retailer apparently.  I have to resort to wearing short almost 100% of the time because finding pants that fit is a nightmare.  I would love to see a pair of dri-fit slacks with an inseam over 34" which up to this point doesnt exist.  As i get older i find its less and less respectable to wear shorts on the golf...