or Connect

Posts by mikeosborne38

Thanks everyone I should have clarified I was speaking of driver only I am able to draw my woods and irons successfully but struggle to do so consistently with driver and most attempts result in a nasty hook ob or in the trees. Now my strategy is when I have to hit a draw off the tee I hit hybrid or 3 wood depending on the length of the hole. I am not going to try and hit a draw with the driver anymore.
My scores suffered recently after my draw turned into low hooks with not much carry distance on my drives and getting into trouble on approaches. I worked at the range for three hours to work on hitting a fade. I found a simple way by aiming left and weakening my grip and making my normal swing. My misses are nowhere near as bad with my fade and I find myself in less trouble the two rounds I have played since the change. My playing partners say I'm crazy for getting rid of...
I believe it is a high kick shaft. I have actually thought about either going with a 10.5 with a low kick shaft such as prolaunch blue. I also thought about going with a high lofted driver maybe 12 degrees and my fairway wood at 17 or 18 degrees.
OK I haven't posted a video before it should be pretty simple.
I am a decent handicap and have tried different driver shafts but I consistently hit my fairway food farther with carry and total distance. I am at the point now that I don't even hit the driver and my scores are better. I get a nice high ball with my wood but low balls with my driver. My current driver is taylormade R580xd 9.5 with stiff MAS-2 shaft. My driver ss is 102 mph. The shaft in my three wood is stock cobra shaft also in stiff (Cobra sz wood). Thanks and any...
I had for the past couple years played a consistent draw with every club that sometimes turned into a nasty hook.  For the past six months I was hitting slices, pushes with every club especially the longer clubs. I tried everything such as changing my swing, grip, softer flexes, etc. The assistant pro at one of the courses I play gave me one tip that has my fall flight back! He told me after watching me swing I was opening my lead shoulder well before impact which was...
I have been playing about 7 years and average around 235 -240 carry with my driver.  I normally try to play from tees that range from 6200 to 6400 yards. Last weekend I was playing my local course as a single and was paired up with two guys playing from the golds at around 7100 yards. I started from the whites but after a while I wanted to "prove" I could hang with them and went back where they were hitting from. To their credit they were fine with me playing from a...