or Connect

Posts by dwade247

Thanks kenstl,   Really helps to compare.
Yeah I think I am going to stay the used route but just be more picky about the shafts than I have been.
So I just sold my irons in order to have some money for new ones. I am kind of an iron snob and only like 1-piece forged irons. They can be muscle back or cavity back. My issue is that the irons I like are all very expensive. Therefore I have looked at used irons and the Maltby TE forged irons.   I have had used irons in the past, but always sell them as find myself wishing I had a brand new set that was all mine. This may be because I have not found the perfect used...
I used to hit at golfsmith too but I definitely got a sense that they hated me. And I purchased a membership for the hitting bays at the pga store when I bought my irons so they don't mind. I just take the mp4 to the practice bay and they love me at the pga store. That is until I ask them to put together a full set of TEs for me since the membership also includes unlimited free club repair. The work they do will pay for the membership itself.
I feel ya man. I am currently gaming Titleist 690.mb irons. I have gamed them all season and my scores dropped from the low 100s to an average of around 90 with my lowest score being and 84 although I did shoot a 41 but only played 9 holes that day. You don't need to be good to play blades. My irons are the best part of my game with my driver being the deciding factor most days and the fact that 2 putts are all I hope for. However a little bit of forgiveness would be nice....
WOW! That is great! I can't find any specs about sole width of any big OEMs so I couldn't really tell what .781" really looked like. But there is very little there and those soles are definitely thin enough for me. Thank you so much for the pic! You bag the TEs over the MP60s? If so, what led to that choice?
Thanks for the info. What do you think about the sole thickness?
Thank you very much. Very interested in the pictures!
I hit a couple of Cleveland 588 cbs today with both DG s300 and r300. I seemed to hit them both about the same so I'm leaning towards the DG S300 because I don't think there is a more respected shaft at such a reasonable price and I think stiff will be more consistent especially if I can increase my SS at all.   Kenstl   How thick are the soles on the TEs? I can't find a good picture of them anywhere but it looks like they may be a little thicker. Can you compare them...
First of all thank WUtiger for the info on the maltby and GW companies. Good to here they are respected. Kensti I love mark's videos, especially his thoughts on shafts. I had a guy give me a really quick sort of fitting at the pga superstore yesterday and he said I was righ in between the regular and stiff shafts. He suggested the TT XP95 in R because it gave me a little bit of a draw while the ProjectX 5.5 gave me a little fade. I am not really sold on his evaluation...