or Connect

Posts by FarawayFairways

McGinley has been fullsome in his praise and bold in his predictions for Super Joost. You can only conclude he would pick him today. In fact he seemed to be intimating within a week or so that he'd made a mistake and should have picked Joost. Europe made errors too, it's just that McGinley's players got him out of trouble. Incidentally, did you see McIlroy interviewed after Dubai about his seasons highlights? Two big ones are obvious he explained. The Open was a tournament...
 We've certainly seen complaints, most recently into the hacking of mobile telephone voice messages of course (God alive knows how Tiger would react to that!), but this type of article is pretty much run of the mill tabloid newspaper material and wouldn't provoke a response normally. We see examples of it almost daily, or to qualify that, comment pieces with a bitchy edge to them. It would really be a non issue lost in the swamp of articles competing for the same...
Magic wand picks   Masters - Rory US Open - Fowler The Open - Watson (Tom not Bubba) USPGA - Well..... it has to be 'Super Joost'
You're right, I've got more pressing things to push on with rather than indulging a conversation about how America wants to duck out of playing the Ryder Cup as soon as it starts to lose, which I personally doubt very much a majority of American golf fans want to do incidentally. The Australians would have ripped the piss out of us mercilessly for being "cowardly/ chicken poms/ limeys" if we'd ever dared suggest inviting South Africa in to play for the Ashes. It would have...
 In fairness, I did leave that possibility open "I can understand it I suppose if he genuinely feels cheated and wants to right a wrong as a matter deeply held principle" I'm struggling to think that his game will benefit, but sometimes in life you have to set professional considerations aside and trust that things will come back to themselves
I'm sorry, but if anyone sounds "entitled" it's the original suggestion which sadly reinforces the idea that the world has to revovle around America. If you don't believe me, just lets go over what was posted, but more revealingly perhaps, the rationale behind it.   "Modify the "Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup" and bring the internationals into the system. Start 2016 with the Americans vs the Europeans. The loser sits out 2018 and the winner plays the...
So you understand money and legal, but not a matter of principle ........ urm   Let me have one last attempt then   Why should Europe accept this new format? What have they done to justify having it imposed upon them, other than win? Why does't anyone suggest that America plays the Rest of the World for the right the challenge Europe every two years?   This new proposed format is purely a reflection on the way that recent results have gone is it not? thats' a simple...
I'd agree with you   McIlroy recently said that he no longer plays golf for money. Well after signing his sportswear contract he certainly doesn't need to, but by extension this lawsuit is really about money. It doesn't really add up.  I can understand it I suppose if he genuinely feels cheated and wants to right a wrong as a matter deeply held principle, but I can't think of many sports people whose games improve when they're distracted, and especially in a field like...
You're obviously not understanding it   The genesis of the idea (a team sitting out every two years) has seriously been put forward by an American, as a solution to a perceived problem. That problem being the increasingly one sided nature of these matches. By any reasonable definition, Europe are therefore being successful, and by association, America unsuccessful? Havign established this we also need to recognise that now and then America will win, in which case Europe...
Europe plays Seve Trophy and EurAsia Cup matches in the non-RC year, albeit they're increasingly used as glorified training sessions. It's not unique to America    If some of precious prima donnas of the PGA truly are sick and tired of being asked to represent their country, then send for the likes of Boo Weekley and Kenny Perry. Give them Pat Reed, and in fairness Keegan Bradley too. Find people who regard it as an honour and are prepared to and go that extra mile and...