or Connect

Posts by FarawayFairways

Someone who hasn't got media commitments, course design interests, or other commercial obligations would be my guess   In other words, I think it's too easy to make the mistake of analysing someone's golfing ability and looking for clues there. Faldo kept the ball in play, but because he has other commitments he didn't put the effort in to keep him up to speed. Someone who still wants to play and has time and dedication is a more important predictor
McGinlay doesn't need to go in search of left field answers and pulling rabbits out of hats either. America hasn't won on foreign soil since 1993. Over to you Tom.   More of the same = more of the same
Fowler, Bradley, Lehman, Stewart, Pavin, Azinger, Cink, (hell there's angle here ... believers versus non-believers with a few satanists and other assorted heretics to throw into the mix)   In any event, Rory was asked about it yesterday and pretty well said "No", whilst kind of hinting that Langer wouldn't be welcome "He's not quite in the same group of people". Asked to expand on it he said "The team dynamic is pretty good at the minute, with the mix that we have, so...
I dont think Westwood's playing   I still think the emerging story might be Luke Donald yet.    I confess that I'm not totally up on the maths or formulae etc but what has to happen for him to get chased down? Would Bjorn overtaking Stenson  on the European List relegate Luke too? as Stenson then qualifies on the World list   I'd kind of inked Luke Donald and Dubuisson in for foursomes myself
Actually, that sounds rather abrupt doesn't it? Not meant to me. I realise the difficulties with having to write something when blogging or commenting on golf, and I am at least grateful that the narrative isn't another Tiger Woods fitness bulletin, but there is absolutely no chance that Langer is under consideration.   There is an old adage in cricket, (not that I expect McGinlay to know that) that you do what the opposition would least like you to. 9 times out of 10,...
Langer's just a bit of idle 'fill' that bloggers and golf media are using to generate a non-story. The next time a genuine Ryder Cup story comes along, Langer will be humanely suffocated and forgotten. As most of you have said, it ain't gonna happen, and it'll fizzle out quickly, because without the words 'Tiger Woods' in the meta tags the article won't get SEO'd, hence why Golf Digest on-line with nearly always run a 'Tiger Woods' story of any tenuous description, which...
 Yes, but this isn't really a play tomorrow market, it's very much futures one, and there is a bit of me that wouldn't mind seeing an option of 'none of those named' given that this eventuality could take place in 5-6 years time +. It's why I'd rule out the Westwood era, and probably down to Sergio too. Who was the last European to win their first major? Darren Clarke July 2011? It probably does happen every 3 years these days, and is possibly due again soon though
Given that he has a better record this year on the seniors, and that he's Scottish (knows Gleneagles well), and that he's got a better Ryder Cup record, there's probably a stronger case for Montgomerie on the same logic (don't be surprised to see him drafted in some capacity, with 2 assistants still to be named)   This is the current market, and being Skybet of course, they're laying 4 picks odds-on!!! including Luke who they seem to think is going to get caught. Don't...
If you'd seen this market 3-4 years ago Stenson would probably have been 33/1?    A bit of me wonders if Colsearts isn't value then?   I'm seeing three types of players.    1: Established known quantities who haven't won yet (and whom you suspect have had their chance). They form a significant part of the over-round, but if you're happy to say that they're all called Montgomerie, you can strike down nearly 50% of the field and some significant market leaders   2:...
Only the one firm is running a book, (and they don't enjoy a great reputation for laying a price) and I haven't been able to screen shot the entire market, but this is it.    Any thoughts? One suspects this is the sort of market that could easily fall to unnamed outsider