or Connect

Posts by FarawayFairways

"up to me"   You're quite right, I'll take that decision, and I see you've been interefering with posts again    Any board depends on its contributions and what its membership wants to talk about. It is the contributors that define the board not its moderators. Officious moderators who seek to become the centre of attention will usually do more damage than good.  If you'd looked back at the thread in question you'd realise it was full of suggestions about how America...
  Even though the proceeding post was about reforming or removing the Presidents Cup from the roster and mine a resposne to that. I trust you moved that as well? No - didn't think so So someone block quotes me in the previous post, turns the issue (legitimately) into an open question about how America might like to use the Presidents Cup, by way of preparing for the Ryder Cup. I respond to it, (legitimately) and you remove it and create a new thread! Very poor moderating...
Just for context, this was posted a couple of hours ago in the Fred Couples thread where the issues of the Presidents Cup was being questioned, but for some reaosn has shown up here as a new thread
I think it's a mischievous journalist trying to play to a nationalist crowd by drumming up on an old American hate figure and putting words into his mouth with a misleading headline.   Where in the attributable quote(s) has Colin said "better than Woods ever was" that has been used as the headline? He hasn't   What he's said is that he's got to come back at a level higher than he was at, as in he's coming back to something, from the point at which he left it (as in...
I read it differently, given that even Woods hasn't been able to get back to his own levels of dominance   I read it to mean that Montgomerie was commenting on where Woods was say a couple of years ago when he regained the top spot, and Montgomerie is saying that he'll need to come back at a level beyond that, because that's where Rory is today. I'm not so sure that's unreasonable?   I think he's saying in effect that Rory's 2014 game is better than Tigers in...
I'm not an advocate of doing the thing that makes the most short term money. I'm not even an advocate of doing the thing that makes the most money, even if I happen to think that's winning, so in this case would be a mutual benefit by coincidence !!! But I'm curious ....   What event would have the largest commercial appeal   A North versus South match featuring 24 American players and 2 captaincy teams of Americans or The US versus Australia and few Southern...
McGinley has been fullsome in his praise and bold in his predictions for Super Joost. You can only conclude he would pick him today. In fact he seemed to be intimating within a week or so that he'd made a mistake and should have picked Joost. Europe made errors too, it's just that McGinley's players got him out of trouble. Incidentally, did you see McIlroy interviewed after Dubai about his seasons highlights? Two big ones are obvious he explained. The Open was a tournament...
 We've certainly seen complaints, most recently into the hacking of mobile telephone voice messages of course (God alive knows how Tiger would react to that!), but this type of article is pretty much run of the mill tabloid newspaper material and wouldn't provoke a response normally. We see examples of it almost daily, or to qualify that, comment pieces with a bitchy edge to them. It would really be a non issue lost in the swamp of articles competing for the same...
Magic wand picks   Masters - Rory US Open - Fowler The Open - Watson (Tom not Bubba) USPGA - Well..... it has to be 'Super Joost'
You're right, I've got more pressing things to push on with rather than indulging a conversation about how America wants to duck out of playing the Ryder Cup as soon as it starts to lose, which I personally doubt very much a majority of American golf fans want to do incidentally. The Australians would have ripped the piss out of us mercilessly for being "cowardly/ chicken poms/ limeys" if we'd ever dared suggest inviting South Africa in to play for the Ashes. It would have...