or Connect

Posts by FarawayFairways

Super Joost headlines the BBC today as the cult of the Joost spreads   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/29260976
 If that's the case, don't you think the Captain might have been better off saying so, instead of saying that he woke up on the morning he had to make decision and had a revelation. Look at what he actually said again; “I had a revelation this morning. I looked at the last time the Ryder Cup was played and I see Webb Simpson 5&4, Webb Simpson 5&4 and I said ‘that’s got to be the guy". That justification was the centrepiece of the decision to select Webb Simpson. It doesn't...
 Thinking it out is just about the last thing Watson could be accussed of.  He called it a “revelation” I’d call it guessing. In fact his justfication had all the conviction of someone who’d been set an examination question they didn’t know the answer to, and which they’d left until last. As the clock ticks away they then decide to scribble anything down by way of an offering and hope for the best. Look at what he actually said;“I had a revelation this morning. I looked at...
A few things   Previous winners who went onto the Ryder Cup have seemingly struggled to 'come back down'. They managed 1.5 pts from 6.   If a young McIlroy who at 25 would be amongst the fitter guys out there described it as "a week too far" you do wonder how the 10 American's who made it to the last 30 will fare with the additional issue of a transatlantic trip and settling in on a very different climate zone   You have to suspect however that we must have seen the...
There seems to have been a trend in recent years for players to stop shouting warnings from the tee. It's something that Peter Alliss has commented on, and he's singled out Bubba Watson in particular as being about the worst offender. Without knowing how this happened (being hit on the 16th green from a tee shot on 14 is what I've read) it could be something they might choose to look at? Is shouting 'Fore' and holding a club out really not good for the image? Why wouldn't...
I'd love to have seen what reaction might be provoked if Europe were to wheel Lennox Lewis out of retirement and tell him to go and jab Bubba Watson in the chest. Bubba throws a hissy fit over cameramen getting inside the ropes, heaven knows how he'd react to a former heavyweight champion of the world   What would be interesting to know is whether Jordan has acted unilaterally, or had Davis Love tasked to do this? Either way they picked on just about the last European...
First   Super Joost -53 (shot a bogey on the last I'm afraid)
Best way of dealing with Poulter is to ignore him. Complete silence and occasional mild complement "jolly fine shot Mr Poulter" - it would drive him mad   We are talking about someone who announced he didn't like America nor its people. Why?   He reminds me of a not as good a version of John McEnroe, as he was always prepared to play the villian if he thought it could extract a performance improvement from him. 
There's no links land at Gleneagles   It's about 50 miles from the coast to start with   It's normally considered a moorland course   The PGA Centenary Course is regarded as the weakest of the three at Gleneagles, but is the only one that could take the galleries
Stephen's "on form" but that for me is a big part of the issue. What exactly is his on form in the context of Stephen Gallacher? He's 39 now, (3 years older than Luke) he's playing the best golf of his career, but his best form is that of a top 30 player so far as we know. Luke's is that of a top 5 player. OK I'm not telling anyone, anything they don't know, but Donald's ceiling potential is higher than Gallacher's, if he can get somewhere back towards it. Well match-play,...