or Connect

Posts by FarawayFairways

Yes, perhaps they could recalibrate the score and erase from the record recent results. Congratulations to team USA for their successful defence of the 2014 Ryder Cup
This is one bishop who's been well and truly defrocked. You've got to assume that during the 'negotiations' things got particularly heated. I'm left wondering if Bishop didn't lash out and reveal that this is just the tip of an iceberg, and that perhaps he'd held, and concealed all sorts of views for years that suddenly came to the surface. It's pretty drastic stuff for an organisation to say we want a complete denial of ever having had any association with you. I do...
I assume Serena and Venus should basically laugh it off as a moment undeniably hilarious rib splitting humour when a Russian coach calls them the "Williams brothers"?   I don't think the PGA's decision is political correctness gone mad though, but more likely to be the result of sound judgement made in their commercial interests. The PGA has a responsibility to the thousands of employees trying to promote the game and members whose livelihoods depend on golf developing...
Quite right Jamo. Bishop is the head of the PGA and should be held to a higher level of account than someone sounding off to his mate when he misses a putt. The two just aren't the same. I'm surprised, but impressed with the alacrity with which they've moved on this. Fair play to them. Bishop is responsible for the games development, and quite apart from the wisdom of entering into a social media slagging match with someone who has a book out, to do so on behalf of Faldo,...
Poulter could have helped him out here and tried to make light of it, but he clearly hasn't done. By reminding people of the position he holds, feigning indignation at the inappropriateness of using gender to insult someone, and attaching the word "America" to the PGA, he's appealing to a wider constituency. Golf has an image problem in this area as it is, and you might argue that if Poulter was being compliant he'd have toned it down? You might equally argue of course...
Got to suspect that Bishop's been at some hospitality event, got back to his hotel room, opened his Twitter account and decided to fire off at Poulter. About half an hour later journo's seize on it and start contacting the USPGA's press office who are desperately scrambling about to try and discover what their President has done before remving the tweet. I've wondered a few times whether social media should come with a brethalyzer attached to the keyboard before it allows...
Coroner recorded death by pissed adventure presumably?
Golf has to be sensitive to gender equality issues like or not, and two thirds of all new players to the game are women. When the head honcho of the PGA uses gender as a term for abuse and belittlement he'd better hope he's not run into a 'slow news day'. Poulter (surprisingly) seems to have spotted the warning sign and after making the entirely fair comment that anyone should be able to air their view regardless of the number tournaments they've won, "I guess we can only...
Looks like Europe will keep their side of the deal, just up to America now to draft Daly!   They could wake up on Monday and so long as everyone agreed to tell both teams they'd actually won they probably wouldn't know any better and then everyone can be happy. I'd love to see Mickelson slurring his way through the post match press conference with dark shades and a glass of alka seltzer in attendance.    Clarke said he spent a week celebrating after Sandwich which...