or Connect

Posts by 40learner

I couldn't make the range so I practiced chipping at home last week and had a great day saturday with the chipping but the driver was off. I realized today my take back was different. If I don't go at least 1 a week to the range for my driver practice I am lost come weekend comps. I don't know how many years it will take to get the big stick right every week. I need to stop trying to hit 290-330 yrds every time. I have hit 330 twice with wind and warm weather on my...
I have to agree about street shoes. I did buy my first pair of skate style shoe by Niblick and i love them. I have played in very wet weather and had no slip which surprised me. So good on the green as well.
Blue standard tees Movember callaway balls because they had a mustache and I was growing one. New model FG wilson tour balls to match my clubs. These days I only ever buy balls and tees. Wish list, Gps with ranger finder and a new electric trolley.
Ha I am enjoying hearing other peoples opinions with a similar handicap and your strategies.I almost never play safe unless I am doing well in a comp. I love bending it like bubba and firing through trees with a driver.My strategy is I am new to golf so I need to experience what is possible for me and what is not.My goal is to lower my handicap and I believe all my experiences will help give me the mind set and feel when I get in a situation.I have more excitement and fun...
Good points. Our skill sets need to expand and practice on a course when possible. A range will let you believe you have things right until we hit the course and encounter uneven lies and turf interaction not a mat.
Thanks for the read guys.   I started at 42yrs old so a late starter. I have played 3 seasons of golf. Started handicap at 26 got to 15.3, blew out in winter to 18, now back to 16.3. I didn't care the first 2 yrs because I felt I had to get a feel for golf and everything takes time, so I just hit the heck out of the ball. This helped me have confidence now to bend the ball left and right when I need to now. I guess doing it by accident means you can do it on purpose...
What would I know as I am only 3 yrs old in this game and hooked. What is respectable distance? I have hit 325 yards-298 meters on 2 occasions with good weather and wind behind me. I can crunch a drive some days that feel great but measure out on gps around 220 yrds. I think I average 250 yrds. I play with people that hit 180yrds all day and win a comp. Does it matter how long a drive is if the rest of my game is rubbish?   I enjoyed reading the distance of your...