or Connect

Posts by FWMS

Had my second lesson at Golf Tech. Surprised to learn that the instructor wants me to keep 55 percent of my weight on my left side during the entire swing. Also working on not swaying with my hips and head staying more in place. Felt solid. Would like to be able to take these swing changes out to the course but courses closed in my area.   Will visit outdoor driving range next weekend.   Enjoyed watching Zach and Tiger battling it out at the World Challenge. What a 4...
I enjoy playing by myself. I use the time to practice. This summer I played at the crack of dawn sometimes before 5 AM. I belong to a 9 hole course and have been a member since it opened over 20 years ago. I know all the grounds crew and at least a few times per year I buy coffee and donuts for them. (Well worth it).    There is nothing like the sun rising, and hitting the first drive down the middle. Saw a baby bear on the course this year, a beautiful sight.   In...
Lessons and the internet have been my salvation over the years. This year I took 6 lessons from a local pro and went from shooting in the mid 80's to breaking 80 six times with a low of 76. Joined a golf web site run by Manzella and Jacobs and this site has increased my knowledge and I am hitting the ball longer.   My instructor has gone to Florida for the winter so I signed up for a swing assessment and 3 lessons from Golf Tech. Had the assessment this week and found it...
Used blades for many years, Ping S59. Mid season I switched to Ping G25's. Gained about 5 yards per club and off center hits performance was better with the G25's. Still adjusting.
Social worker, 2 more years then full time golfer!