or Connect

Posts by JDVasos

Being a senior golfer retired who walks nine holes on our league I notice some of us get brain dead while figuring out the score on the hole and may forget to count that trip into the sand trap and a few of the topped shots on the way to green so I think I can also relate to the question at hand.  I had a five dollar clicker I used but the thing broke fast so I used ten beads on leather string but the problem is sometimes the beads slipped down while walking or you hit the...
Good advice here.  As I mentioned earlier I started hitting small buckets of balls at the driving range before I was ready when I had my rotator surgery done.  Took time but after a year I am out golfing and loving it.   Therapy and doing it even when you do not feel like it is so important if you want to heal properly.
Waiting for my Red and Black Clicgear Umbrella I just purchased from Golfsmith with much anticipation.  With the weather getting hot I find an umbrella on my push cart a breath of fresh air while golfing.  Should be in the store tomorrow.  I drive those salesmen crazy trying out used and new clubs, opening and closing umbrellas and trying them out on their Clicgear cart in the store.  I love going there just glad I could finally buy something new... .
Retired electrician working on my golf game...
I am doing well yrew and the tendons seem to hold well some 16 months after my surgery.  Like someone else mentioned it was some time before I could golf and walked a par 3 nine hole course 3 days a week (retired) for exercise and also went to the range to practice.  You know when you over do it if you wake up in the middle of the night with pain that feels close to having a heart attack.  Then rest for several days and start over.  I am 65 and golf on a senior league and...
Over a year ago I had Rotator surgery (two tendons that where torn reattached).  I started slow like you but several times I over did it and was in some uncomfortable pain because of it.  I would first talk to your PT and doctor and ask them how much and far you can swing as you do not want to go back and have them redo everything.  Shoulder can give you much trouble as you get older so I found out the hard way.  Take your time and listen to what your doctor tells you so...
Hot today so pulled out the old umbrella and it made a world of difference.   Everywhere I went I had shade and so far I figure with the money I have saved up since I bought this this cart is half way payed for.  Birthday is coming up and I think one of my kids is purchasing the seat for me.   Next purchase is the clicgear or similar umbrella with the air flow slots.
Today my GPS phone app Free Caddie quit half way through the course and gave me unrealistic numbers with question marks after each of them.  First time this happened and while it was not a big deal to me I would be upset if I spent all that money on a GPS watch that did the same thing.  I am thinking that just maybe there is a big advantage using the range finder over the GPS now.  Most of the time I am looking for a place to lay up as just relying on my 3 wood gets me in...
For you techs out there that like to really study these carts (I know I did all winter) try taking two of them turn them upside down and spin the wheels at the same rate of speed to see what good bearings can do to help push your cart.  I did this with the Clicgear 3.0 and the Sun Mountain three wheel cart that looks similar.  Had the sales guy at Golfsmith turn them over so the front wheel was up in the air.  Took both wheels and spun them equally best as I could.  Did...
No I have used it for both my cart bag and stand bag and it works great.  The clicgear has easy to use straps to hold the bag in place.  My bags do not have pockets where the carry strap is located so it they both fit snug into the nest of the cart.  Just got back from nine holes today and unless I am doing eighteen holes as I am 65 years old I'm happy I spent the money I did on the Clicgear.  Once you get one of these or the Sun Mountain three wheel cart is nice also you...