or Connect

Posts by Welkin

Hi all,   I'm the worst of the weekend hackers but seeing as I've been able to enjoy playing really horrible golf I figure I might as well try and see how I enjoy playing something a little more respectable.   I've played a little on and off over the years but gave it away after never really improving, I started again a few months back with a few friends and its been fun but after hitting a 126 which was shameful even by my standards decided it was way past time to put...
I thought about side by side but if it gets down to the 2x2 and you place your chip next to his you're leaving him the option of spacing the last chip and leaving you no room. I think regardless of size there's only one critical turn, you can block a 2x2 space with your last turn and so if its just a little bigger you need to play it so that he can't do the same on his turn. If you place a chip in a corner of a 2x2 space there's no way to make the next play the last one...
Go first, no matter how big or small the table is you should be the first one to have a spot left that you can either place your chip in the centre leaving no legal move (like in the picture) or divide it into two spaces with enough space for only one chip in each.
Thanks for the replies, I suppose what I'm wondering about is more the bounce than the label and I wasn't really sure how bounce affected how suited a club was to different areas. I don't know what bounce my SW has but seeing as that's how it's stamped I'll assume it's at the higher end. The course I play most at is pretty hard, fairways, rough and especially the bunkers so I'm thinking something like a 58 but with less bounce might be a decent starting club for around the...
Should a sand wedge be used when not in the sand? particularly when in thicker grass?     I'm a really bad weekend hack, I've finally started getting some lessons to try and learn the basics but I want to put some more time into my short game as well and I thought to start with I should get clear in my head what clubs to work with and not get caught up in changing around all the time.   I currently have a PW (45), SW (54) and a LW (64), the LW I haven't been using....