or Connect

Posts by JgWoods

And for the last 10 years that is how I've played the game. Bringing multiple clubs all over the course. But for me, visualizing my shot, then bringing more clubs for all potential mishaps brought down confidence in my originally planned shot. If this isn't for you, I understand, you've never tried it. And 2:20 is an awesome pace for 18 holes. Almost an hour faster that the average expected to play 18. What tips do you have for the rest of us wanting to play that fast?...
Thank you for your feedback. The lever is spring loaded and with one downward motion, the cart is detached. But this just sets you up to make a faster progression on your next shot. If you chunk, slice, hook, or hit into sand, you can progress on your own to that shot without going back to the cart. If you hit a great shot, walk back to the cart and hitch a ride further down the hole. But if we hit great shots all the time, slow play wouldn't be an issue.And I totally...
To answer your question, yes it will make you play faster that 2:20. But playing in that time on a Monday is doable. Try to do that on Saturday on a busy public course. And it's not being dropped off that saves time, its being able to progress after that next shot. If your ball doesn't land close to your partners, you will have to make a lateral move back to cart.For example, during our test, a golfer was in front of a sand trap. Took his pitching wedge to loft over the...
I totally understand why you would think that. I thought the same thing until I tried it and realized the impact this could have on the game. We ran a test at a local public course and found this system does work. My 70year old grandfather had no problems keeping up with us younger guys.With all the talk about slow play, I'm surprised some golfers are resistant to trying new innovative ways to play the game. You can't knock it until you try it. I just want golfers to be...
I have to disagree that this solution is in search of the problem. Over 190,000 golfers signed the USGA pledge to play faster golf and stating that they care about the pace of play. So 190,000 have identified this as a problem and want to fix it. Unfortunately their solution is a pledge. We all think we play fast golf and point the finger else where. but i believe if an entire golf course were to adopt this method of play, people would play faster without even thinking...
I've read a lot of articles on how slow play is such a HUGE problem in golf. And all i've been able to find are suggested methods of play and etiquette. There has to be a better solution to this problem. My grandfather and I developed a system of play to increase the pace of play. I want to share this because i think it could help a lot of golfers.   We attached two pull carts to the back of our golf cart. We designed a lever that would release the pull cart from the...