or Connect

Posts by startinlate

My longer writeup just got eaten by the system so i'll make this a short post and expand as needed.  :P   Having seen Dave Pelz's opinions about the short game being the most valuable to practice to improve your score, and his design for a 2.5 acre home practice green where he can practice difficult shots, I was curious whether others have done likewise or if there are must read articles on the topic and similar.   I'm in the early stages of planning a move to a rural...
From anyone who has researched or actually built for the higher end options of golf simulators, i'm looking for a few pointers from those who have actually designed a room for their use for a few pointers.   Now this is probably very early in the planning game to be concerned about such a thing (considering i've yet to play more than mini golf in 'real life', i'm a total newbie and I admit it) but the reality is that:    - The next place I move into i'm probably going...
I've done some searches here and it seems a number of people swear by golf simulators... but i'm curious if they are only useful for people that already have a decent amount of skill and experience or how feasible it would be to literally take someone from ground zero up to fairly skilled without actually setting foot on a 'real' golf course?   Assuming the answer is probably no, where (does someone who preferably has experience using them or even training others with...
Howdy, i'm totally new to golf and golf forums.  To cut right to the chase so there's not a huge wall of text to read through i'll get right to the point though.   I'm nearing 40 and have never played more than mini golf so far, yet over the past year or so I found myself developing an intense interest and fascination with golf and started researching and working on a plan to take me from total newb to hopefully scratch golfer over time.  Yet i'm going to have to do most...