or Connect

Posts by PJCdude

I agree with pitchers and to be even more specific, closers since they usually face the highest pressure situations and are used to throwing it full throttle. A good golfer isn't making 120 full swings (maybe I was when I started ) the way a starter does and getting worn down. Rory is still able to hit full throttle on 18 the way Mariano is in the bottom of the 9th. I know that's sort of a generalization, but I stand by it.
Even though like you I rarely hit my driver over 250, I have done it enough that I don't like having in the back of my mind "don't hit your furthest shot." I'd rather club down to a 3W and be able to hit a nice aggressive shot that even if I hit it my best will go 230 and not end up in the sand. For the second and third shot, I'd follow your plan exactly. If 80 yds from the green is safely in play, I might lay up to that for a full SW
A few weeks ago I actually had my first time being complimented on the range: I am super inconsistent with my driver, worst of all at the moment, I miss both ways (usually either a push or a duck hook) but once in awhile can hit a nice high draw. I moved the ball back in my stance the other day and was constantly hitting nice high draws landing well beyond the 200 yd marker (no markers further than that in this range. I was probably carrying 230-240ish which is good for...
1. Break 100 over 18 holes DONE! Shot a 98 on July 29th, but that was my only sub 100 round this year 2. Break 45 over 9 holes Not done. My low for 9 holes is still 48 which I've done twice. Once on the front nine of my 98 and another time during a 9 hole round 3. Par every hole at least once on my home course. (Just started playing but already got 5 down and 13 to go after only 4 rounds) Still only have 9/18, but 2 of those holes also have birdies with my name on them.
I say no because now GPS technology confirms that I only hit my driver 240 instead of the 260 I "used to" hit 
Nike VRS Covert usually 12.5. When I feel like I'm hitting it straight I'll adjust to 11.5 but end up adjusting back up pretty quick. My goal is to eliminate side spin enough to stay at 11.5. I have a two way miss so backspin is essential to keep it somewhat straight.
@bossfrog I figured out how to relax my wrists and body while still maintaining torque at the beginning of the summer. I've been busy with a newborn son and haven't been able to embed this feeling as much as I'd like but I don't mind hanging with the little guy. As far as my mental game I usually start off rounds well but have trouble recovering after the first mistake (usually 4th hole) and take a few holes to begin trusting my swing again. Also, the fact that I know...
I've experienced this. I think it has to do with the fact that you KNOW the bean field shot "won't count" so you sub consciously relax and allow your body to hit a great shot. I think the key is having this relaxed yet still focused attitude out on the course. The funny thing is how much I know this to be true but still am so mentally undisciplined on the course, which I believe is the biggest reason why I am a 28.
I'm a teacher so weekdays in the summer are my go to golf time. Pelham Bay/Split Rock in the Bronx has Two-fore Tuesdays where its 34 bucks to play 18 with cart and Stonebridge out in Long Island has a deal on Tuesdays or Thursdays I think when it's twilight deals all day. For a golfer on a budget those are my jams.
I have off today for Rosh Hashannah (NYC School Teacher) but my wife still has work AND our 4 month old son still had daycare so I had today circled as a golf today for about 2 months. I haven't played 18 holes since early August and was looking forward to playing with one of my coworkers.   About two days ago the forecast for the Northeast got real nasty and we cancelled our tee time. It did rain today but not nearly as bad as we thought it would. I went to a par 32...