or Connect

Posts by PJCdude

Shot a personal best 91 last week   49 on the front which is pretty much playing to my handicap   42 on the back! My previous low for 9 was a 48 so this was crazy.   bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey-double-par-par-par (par 35)
SwingBySwing   It's great for stats, it keeps an (unofficial) handicap and uses GPS for yardages.   You can manage how much data it uses up but when putting it on medium or low usage, it will take time to find your correct yardage. It's not perfect, but it's free and I like it.
Recorded a new personal best yesterday with a 91 at Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. Its only 5700 yds and rated 66 from the middle tees but it's tight and I've never even broken 100 there. I shot a 49 on the front which is playing pretty exact to my handicap (par 35-35). The back nine I had 5 bogies in a row, a double and then ended with 3 pars. One of my 2015 goals was to break 45 for nine holes and I shot a freakin 42. This is totally new ground for me and I hope to keep...
210 yd par 3. I hook my hybrid into the right rough, still about 45 yds short of pin. I hit a half SW to about 1 foot, drained the par.
Went from 28.3 to 27.4 in 1 day!   Just posted the best round of my life by a LONGSHOT. A 91 (49-42) at Van Cortland Park in the Bronx, NY (Par 70-5600-66.7, 117) This short but tight course is the oldest public course in the USA.   BREAKDOWN   4 Pars (3 were on 16,17,18!) 7 Bogies 7 Double Bogies 0 Triple or worse (this is the biggest reason I shot so well today by far)   I didn't feel like I did anything special, I just avoided trouble and stuck to using...
Dropped .3 today! Shot a 101 at Pelham Bay in the Bronx but I dropped from 28.6 to 28.3   I felt so out of control in regards to my swing today but managed to score well (for me) despite this. I had 5 holes that were triple or worse (including a 10 on a par 5) but also finished the round bogey, par, bogey, par.    35 putts (Good for me. Short game was decent but I wasn't able to warm up pre round which cost me a little on the opening holes) 2 GIR (mid Irons/hybrids...
Last summer on my quest to break 100 I had 3 seperate rounds where I was sitting pretty on the back 9 and then the shanks appeared. Very mentally draining but I have fixed them by not attempting to draw my shorter irons as much as my longer clubs. This has seemed to help. I've heard that shanks are due to TOO MUCH of an in to out swing path. Fundamentally better than slicing but WAY less user friendly.
 My problem with my LW is the same problem that some people have with their driver. I don't fall prey to that "I'm a man so I need to hit the big stick" syndrome. I hit driver on wide holes where I need it but I have no problem hitting 3W or hybrid if the tee shot calls for it. On the other hand, I have had some great chip ins and up and downs with my LW. When I am on with it, I feel like a real golfer and I can get up and down from anywhere. However, there are some days...
I hear ya but both of them have 8 degrees of bounce. I used to have a SW with 12 and skulled the crap out of it since I have a pretty shallow swing. The LW is only 58 degrees so it's not too crazy high lofted. I agree that I shouldn't pull it unless nessecary but I hit it way better out of sand than I do my 54
I'm at 28.6 right now. Already shaved a stroke off since the beginning of this season. I haven't been able to consistently play but have been managing 1-2 range sessions a week and been working on suggestions from my MySwing thread. Main keys have been shortening my back swing and keeping my weight forward.   My rounds since last month have been:   49 (9 holes) This includes an 8 on a Par 3 hole (thanks a lot Lob Wedge!) 52 (9 holes) 100 106   My trends:   OTT:...