or Connect

Posts by PJCdude

For my current game, the bounce DOES hurt. My 50 degree and 58 degree wedge are great but I skull the shit out of my 54 from the fairway. I'm able to use my 58.8 from bunkers without a problem. I haven't gotten officially fitted for wedges but everything I read suggests that I need less bounce.Maybe I'll hold onto the 54.12 in case my swing develops and I find myself needing it. RN 8 degrees is the max I want
UPDATE:   After this summer season and some distance gains, I'm pretty set with my bag:   Right now it is:   Driver (11.5) 230-250 3 Wood (16*) 200-210 (off tee ONLY) 5 Wood (18*) 195-205 4 Hybrid (23*) 180-190   Based on this thread I got a 16* Cobra Baffler Trail (cuz my 18* 5W is great!) and a 19* baffler 3h. Well the hybrid didn't go any further than my 4H (MY FAVORITE CLUB) so I sold it on ebay. The 16* FW is too low for my SS (low 90s) and rarely gets...
Asked my dad for a 54* Cleveland Wedge with 8 or 6* of bounce. I bought a 54.12 degree RTX Black Pearl with a GS gift cert from last xmas before I understood what bounce was. After realizing I usually play in firm conditions (New York) and have a shallow swing, less bounce is crucial.
I would say consistency. I've only broken 100 once and compared to a lot of you guys I could probably stand to fix everything. Somedays I'm actually getting a few GIRs but 3 putting and blading my wedges. Other days I'm OOB off the tee or hitting fat shots with my irons while making some sweet up and downs for bogey. I'd probably attribute this to lack of consistent practice and a lacking mental game. I'm hoping to develop more of a routine next season and try to play more...
Swapping out my 54.12 wedge for a 54.08 or 54.06. (Cleveland RTX 588) I didn't understand bounce when I got this club last year and now I know that I am a low bounce guy. I have a shallow swing and play in the NorthEast where we usually have firm conditions. Even in the bunker, I can get out with my 58.08 wedge. I don't use the typical splash technique, I just hit a normal pitch shot with my feet dug in and it seems to work. The low bounce wedge is a definite change...
1) Establish a routine where I can play at least twice a week this summer. My son will have day care on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I teach so I'll have some days free. Last summer I had alot of breaks and never got into a good rhythm.   2) Shoot below 100 for the majority of my rounds   3) Break 45 on 9 holes   4) WASTE LESS STROKES   If I establish number 1 and use that time to work on number 4, goals 2 and 3 shouldn't be a problem. How will I waste less...
I agree with pitchers and to be even more specific, closers since they usually face the highest pressure situations and are used to throwing it full throttle. A good golfer isn't making 120 full swings (maybe I was when I started ) the way a starter does and getting worn down. Rory is still able to hit full throttle on 18 the way Mariano is in the bottom of the 9th. I know that's sort of a generalization, but I stand by it.
Even though like you I rarely hit my driver over 250, I have done it enough that I don't like having in the back of my mind "don't hit your furthest shot." I'd rather club down to a 3W and be able to hit a nice aggressive shot that even if I hit it my best will go 230 and not end up in the sand. For the second and third shot, I'd follow your plan exactly. If 80 yds from the green is safely in play, I might lay up to that for a full SW
A few weeks ago I actually had my first time being complimented on the range: I am super inconsistent with my driver, worst of all at the moment, I miss both ways (usually either a push or a duck hook) but once in awhile can hit a nice high draw. I moved the ball back in my stance the other day and was constantly hitting nice high draws landing well beyond the 200 yd marker (no markers further than that in this range. I was probably carrying 230-240ish which is good for...
1. Break 100 over 18 holes DONE! Shot a 98 on July 29th, but that was my only sub 100 round this year 2. Break 45 over 9 holes Not done. My low for 9 holes is still 48 which I've done twice. Once on the front nine of my 98 and another time during a 9 hole round 3. Par every hole at least once on my home course. (Just started playing but already got 5 down and 13 to go after only 4 rounds) Still only have 9/18, but 2 of those holes also have birdies with my name on them.