or Connect

Posts by Mr Playerhater

I think the lob wedge is the most useful club in the bag it's the heaviest and the most versatile. You just need to learn to hit ball first then the ground. Your hands must be ahead of ball at impact. When I first started playing golf I remember struggling with the lob wedge to start I played it off my back foot to encourage a descending blow and played it with an open stance to make it go straight. Try that and as you get better at staying ahead of it with your hands...
Yeah your right left arm bending controls the angle of ascent coming out of the sand . I've spent probably 200+ hours with Mac probably 40-50 on the short game so I know his stuff pretty well. I've got tons of video as well probably 50 hrs at least but don't look at it to much these days although I appreciate all the info he gave me.
Yes getting weight left won't automically give you a steeper angle of attack. But if ball position stays the same getting your weight over your left leg will definitely move low point ahead of the ball and will make your angle of attack steeper. Mac plays the ball forward but has a lot of pavement to the left so is definitely got a steep angle of attack into the sand. He does have a very flat plane in the bunkers as he gets his hands very low at address. And I'll...
Ok, well great I did remember seeing something about a 56 actually spinning more than a 60. I will say I used to play the ball more forwRd and trying to hit the pelz scoot and spin style shot. And I was mediocre at best. Once I went to the ball farther back weight on left side my bunker game improved immensely. Just an option to try out
So is there bar tidied data on this? I haven't tested it myself. So by your statement are you saying a shot with a 9 iron of 45 degrees with a 0 AOfA would spin more than the same shot with a 60 degree wedge? And does this only apply to full shots or is it different for shots hit with less than full speed like a bunker shot
I currently disagree with you, but if I'm wrong please enlighten me as I sure like to learn and that's what makes forum's great. I'm not an expert and you may no better than me for sure. I'm basing this off the style of play of some great bunker players. And how employing these techniques my bunker game has excelled. I'm also basing it off the understanding of spin loft I've gotten from wiring on a trackman in lessons. But if I'm wrong please help me as I don't wanna...
It's an interesting thought I think everyone's a little different as some may need work on there lower body and some may need more help with their arms and hands coming down the plane. Sam snead said he started the swing by pulling down with the lays three fingers of his left hand. Hogan said it starts with the lower body. I think it had a little to do with their swings as sneads was longer so he had some time to sync back up arms with torso. Where hogan had a shorter...
Yeah I'm just a golfer as well not an instructor. I just thought it was an interesting topic as I heard some of the prices teachers pay.
Not to brag but I think I'm one of the better bunker players for my skill level. It's Definitely the strongest point of my game. I think partly because I belong to a club designed in the 20's by willie Watson and George Thomas so it has similar bunker style to Riviera. cc Very deep bunkers surrounding small greens. So pretty much every time you miss a green you get some bunker practice. I play 90% of my sand shots with a 60 degree wedge that gives me comfortably...
Where I live it seems the prices are very high for a teacher to find a good place to make his home setup for teaching. Obviously if your a pga teacher and work at a club that's a benefit as your teaching time is free. But I would guess that makes it tough to be a full time teacher as you have responsibilities in the shop etc.. I know a local nicer range around here charges 1700$ a month as a rental fee for a teacher to park his easy up and do his thing. And I don't...