or Connect

Posts by bri1974

Watched a documentary on netflix last week called "the short game" following kids preparing to play in the junior world championships at pinehurst. Fantastic and well worth watching, got quite emotional and was s fascinating insight into how to/how not to nurture talent.
Me again with more beginner queries! I'm finding that the middle and ring fingers on my right hand get stiff and a little achey after a round. Is this a normal symptom for beginners? I don't feel like I'm gripping the club too tightly but I suppose I could be sub consciously tensing up at times. Being a beginner I do hit a fair few topped balls and ground the club too. Add this to the fact I play eith an inherited set of ben sayers steel shaft irons and the vibrations can...
thanks guys,   will keep trying! played my best ever round today (109!) so getting better all the time. previous best round was 120 and I hit far less duff shots with my irons today as they are really improving. still hit most drives right but feeling more comfy with the new 10.5 ping so will keep practising with it. had my handicap calculated today on my last three rounds and I'm 28, as I understand it, you can't get worse than that so it can only improve :)
I'm quite enjoying working things out own to be honest. I think I will probably take a few lessons soon but in the meantime I like the trial and error approach. As I said, my irons are coming on ok, getting good connection and distance is improving but my driving is still pretty terrible. I only tried the knees together thing today and was surprised how immediately my drives got much straighter. Was just wondering why that was. Guess I know have to go about working out how...
Hey, hoping some experienced holders may have done advice for me. Been playing about 8 weeks and really enjoying the game. Inherited an old set of ben Sayers irons from a friend and am improving steadily with them, they also came with a nike machspeed 9.5 driver with a stiff shaft which I really couldn't do anything with at all so I got a used ping g10 10.5 regular (25 quid!) which I feel more comfortable with. I am still however slicing most drives to the right which...