or Connect

Posts by 05Glide

I've wanted to make a comment similar to yours, but hesitated to.The indoor place I mentioned when my son was 15, he had a nice "20 something" fella as an instructor, but was clueless about the finite elements of golf. His teaching ability was severely lacking and when I pointed out the problems to him, I got a blank stare.  I went to the owner of the place and he was all lip service. Fast Forward to Summer 2013My son interned at a local country club.  He was showing 8-12...
 I like your term and comments "education inflation", all very true as I see it.My father quit school to help support his family during the depression.  Yet he worked his way up to Senior R&D Engineer, working for the same company from after WWII until he retired, and with 3 patents to his name. In the business world 99% of the time having a degree is a foregone conclusion.On the other hand, except for a quick one-liner "he attended...", how often do we hear them discuss a...
"Even the less famous names on there (e.g. Coastal Carolina, Campbell) etc are good, solid, regionally accredited universities. Don't saddle yourself with boatloads of debt to go to a dubious, for-profit school."   I'd be cautious regardless, do your homework.  Out-of-State tuition almost doubles my son's college tuition costs.   We spent 2 weeks just looking at and going over the PGM accredited universities websites and then how their PGM program was presented.  As...
 And I respectfully disagree with that.If you're missing "weaker points of your game", because "your playing 18 holes in warmer climate" that's a problem in itself.Playing indoors certainly can not replicate regular play out on the course.  The dynamic variables simply aren't there. The following relates to my son, YMMV.He was having some minor swing problems before starting college.  Hours at the driving range just didn't quite suffice.Once he started playing on a course...
 Thank You same to you and Happy Holidays
No. My son and I live in Ohio and I didn't think golf work indoors during winter was the best and he quickly agreed, so we looked at the warmer climates.   No offense meant, but I would prefer not to start a one university vs the other(s) discussion.  Each is different I'm sure, but they all adhere to PGA requirements.   As a side note;  I liked this college after reading their website and how the university and PGM itself were presented, he liked a different one. ...
Yes, this is my first post.   I was searching the web regarding PGM job placement, came across this thread and decided to comment.   This is more for the parents reading this.   My son is a PGM sophomore at a PGA accredited university.  The program is long, but along with his Class A card he will also have a B.S. degree.   He's talked about golf as a career since he was 12.  As a sophomore in high school he started talking about going the quick way, one of the...