or Connect

Posts by smaug81243

After getting fit at golfsmith and hitting a variety of clubs here is what I decided to order and fit into my $800 budget.   Driver (229.99) - Nike covert 2.0 tour (squeezed the budget for this one because I ended up really liking it) 3 wood (79.99) - taylormade rbz stage 2  5 wood - Kept current rbz nike covert tour 3H (84.99)  Cobra AMP cell 4-PW, AW (339.99) Cleveland 5888 RTX black 54 degree wedge (109.99) Kept current putter   Including a couple additional...
I go to UT Austin. If you are in Austin at any point this summer or want to meet somewhere in between and play a round just shoot me a PM! Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it! 
I would definitely agree.  I currently have a steel stiff shaft in my i3s (unsure of the specific shaft other than that). My primary reason for wanting graphite shafts is that they are lighter and I would probably gain a few mph in swing speed (I'm definitely not particularly strong for my age so figured this was an easy way to gain a small boost in iron swing speed). But, I could be talked into steel. I'm not super concerned with changing my putter as I am able to get the...
Yea, my handicap is really a 12.7 after 9 months of playing. But, I am a senior in college and have probably spent more time playing/practicing than most people do in their first 2-3 years. I'm hoping to get into single digits by the year marker but that may or may not happen, it is definitely getting harder to improve! Interestingly enough, my 5 wood fits that range perfectly but my irons are typically a bit shorter than your suggestion for a 4 iron. ***Just looked up...
Hey guys, I started playing golf 9 months ago and have decided to upgrade my clubs. I am currently using a mix match of clubs that were either purchased used from a local golf store or from a buddy. Note, I was not fit for these clubs and am currently a 12.7 handicap. Current setup: Taylormade burner - 10.5 degree loft, regular flex taylormade rbz 5 wood - stiff flex - WILL NOT BE REPLACING THIS CLUB taylormade burner 7 wood - stiff flex ping i3 irons 4-SW   My...
The caddies were in a cart while the players walked. The caddies brought the clubs over and you could tell the players were having a good time with it by sending them back to the cart to get another club fairly often.
I recently played 9 holes at a fairly easy par 35 course and started just behind a group of 4. 2 were dressed in masters caddies outfits and even had a quiet sign that their buddies made them hold up at every green and for tee shots. I can only assume they had lost a bet. What unique bets have you seen or participated in with golf?
I'm curious as to how often professional players control trajectory and what situations they choose to do so. In addition, I've been wondering the same about shaping the ball. Do most players just play a stock shot, say a high draw for 99% of shots? Or do players intentionally fade/draw the ball into various greens or off the tee to avoid certain trouble? In the wind, are players simply staying with a stock shot or hitting a stinger shot all day?
Usually if I'm hooking the ball I can open my clubface a bit and it results in a push-draw, or if you open it too far a straight push or push fade (assuming an in to out path). You could try that but definitely listen to mvmac/iacas if they have any suggestions. They seem particularly good at understanding causes of various problems and how to fix them.
Hi, I'm a reasonably new golfer (been playing since late last summer) and usually shoot around 90. I have come across shawn clement's instruction on youtube. I'm particularly interested to hear thoughts on his swing method and how it compares to the methods taught by 5SK. It seems like it has a lot in common (Maybe even has all 5SK but have not looked at it entirely) with these methods. Examples: Large hip turn rather than the method some instructors use of limiting the...