or Connect

Posts by smaug81243

I've started using a much different swing for my driver and it seems to be working out really well. Does anyone else do the same? My driver swing is very steep while my irons/woods are very in to out. Driver tends to be very straight while my irons/fairway woods range anywhere from large straight draws to push draws to straight pushes.
Out of curiosity, what does your dynamic stretch routine consist of?
It's probablyThis is especially true. At the course I typically play I very rarely do not have at least a NGIR. With the exception of a couple greens, they are all fairly flat and do not have tricky terrain surrounding them (most aren't elevated/no heavy rough near them). However, the greens do seem to be smaller than other courses I have played. On top of that, I am smart about avoiding penalty strokes (ex: I typically don't go for a par 5 that is protected by water in...
I went to a new course today with a couple buddies (Crystal falls golf course in Leander, Texas. Rated 70.6/126 from the tees we played from) and was shocked at how different it was. Previous courses I have played have generally been long, flat and mostly wide-open with a fair number of bunkers. This course was gorgeous but had massive elevation changes, was incredibly tight and did not have a single bunker. I ended up shooting a 91 while hitting 9 GIR (:O) and only losing...
After getting fit at golfsmith and hitting a variety of clubs here is what I decided to order and fit into my $800 budget.   Driver (229.99) - Nike covert 2.0 tour (squeezed the budget for this one because I ended up really liking it) 3 wood (79.99) - taylormade rbz stage 2  5 wood - Kept current rbz nike covert tour 3H (84.99)  Cobra AMP cell 4-PW, AW (339.99) Cleveland 5888 RTX black 54 degree wedge (109.99) Kept current putter   Including a couple additional...
I go to UT Austin. If you are in Austin at any point this summer or want to meet somewhere in between and play a round just shoot me a PM! Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it! 
I would definitely agree.  I currently have a steel stiff shaft in my i3s (unsure of the specific shaft other than that). My primary reason for wanting graphite shafts is that they are lighter and I would probably gain a few mph in swing speed (I'm definitely not particularly strong for my age so figured this was an easy way to gain a small boost in iron swing speed). But, I could be talked into steel. I'm not super concerned with changing my putter as I am able to get the...
Yea, my handicap is really a 12.7 after 9 months of playing. But, I am a senior in college and have probably spent more time playing/practicing than most people do in their first 2-3 years. I'm hoping to get into single digits by the year marker but that may or may not happen, it is definitely getting harder to improve! Interestingly enough, my 5 wood fits that range perfectly but my irons are typically a bit shorter than your suggestion for a 4 iron. ***Just looked up...
Hey guys, I started playing golf 9 months ago and have decided to upgrade my clubs. I am currently using a mix match of clubs that were either purchased used from a local golf store or from a buddy. Note, I was not fit for these clubs and am currently a 12.7 handicap. Current setup: Taylormade burner - 10.5 degree loft, regular flex taylormade rbz 5 wood - stiff flex - WILL NOT BE REPLACING THIS CLUB taylormade burner 7 wood - stiff flex ping i3 irons 4-SW   My...
The caddies were in a cart while the players walked. The caddies brought the clubs over and you could tell the players were having a good time with it by sending them back to the cart to get another club fairly often.