or Connect

Posts by Riz757

Sounds like a great deal.  The forecast looks AWESOME for you guys this weekend.  Temps in the southeast are expected to be fall-like.  Hit 'em good, and follow up to let us know what you and your brother thought of the courses.
And make sure you look at Golf Now's website prior to booking your tee-time.  Most of the time they have "hot deals" up to 40% of the typical tee time rate. No, this is not a plug for Golf Now.
@~~Clambake: That was an inspiring description of a lifetime event.  For one, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I appreciate that you shared it with the forum.
I've played it twice.  First in August of 2010, then again in May of this past year.  Was in great shape both times - and I'm pretty discriminative.  Both times the green fee was under $60, but they were afternoon rounds. Eric
Please forgive me if this has been discussed - I'm new.   We all know about the courses that the major publications tout as America's greatest .... but what about the lesser known and unheralded?  I'd like to know about them, and talk about them.  So .... what are some great courses that few people would know about, other than those who've stumbled upon them, or live nearby?  Are the green fees reasonable, or they on the higher side?  It's a topic worth discussing, I...
@~~bkuehn1952 - 17 at Carnoustie is a great call!  Off the tee you have an option to play safe and to the right, but it leaves you with a long second.  Or, you can take your chances with the burn and the gorse, which come into play on both sides if you play to the left fairway option. Assuming you find the fairway, it leaves you with a much easier second.  It's a really great hole - but it's a par 4.  Definitely worth a mention; just on the wrong thread.  That's all...
My apologies if this doesn't work.  I'm on my third post and still figuring this forum out ...   I'll post a picture of one picture of one of my trophy courses, and one of my local courses.   This is #5 at Bethpage - Black, from the tee.  That hill you have to climb on the approach is steeper than you think, and if the pin is on the left, you better be comfortable playing a high draw.     ... and #18 at Sleepy Hole Golf Course.  Great municipal course directly on...
@Bradsul - I see your travel dates are right around the corner, so you've almost no doubt made up your mind. But if not, I'd also recommend the Pine Hills area of North Carolina. It's a little more expensive than the beaches, but the golf is greater quality (in my opinion), and I'm sure many well traveled players would agree with that. The area is home to several courses that offer reasonable prices, but are still on at least on one of the 'Greatest 100 Public' lists. ...
I develop cost estimates for a shipbuilding company.