or Connect

Posts by march11934

I game with MP52's but practice hitting into a net with a spare set of MP33's. There is a little adjustment in the top line thickness of the 52's but that is it. Overall I try to practice my tempo with the 33's as they are a little heavier and harder to get fast on the back swing. 
Is it about the look or the result? Zach Johnson seems to pull the results of keeping it straight down the middle all day long. Driver, wedge, guy rarely misses.
Good luck with the MP4's. Very nice looking clubs. I have a set of 33's that i practice with. I game with 52's since they are lighter and go a bit farther. Never noticed a difference in forgiveness between the two clubs.  Regards.
One thing that can tighten up your tournament game is by possibly getting more serious with your practice rounds. I don't know what you do in non tournament rounds but maybe your expectations of yourself are higher because you might be getting overly critical of yourself during the tournament adding pressure to yourself that you might not deserve. I have about 20 years of playing billiards tournaments in NY/NJ area. Some were locally sanctioned and some were side action....
One of my managers at work wears one and i didn't notice it until after i started looking at buying one. And even then i really didn't pay much mind to it. So i wouldn't think worry about it.
  OK. I have made a few adjustments. Minor but I can feel the difference. I widened my stance. Flared both feet. Left foot considerably, not sure if its very evident in the video and incorporated some action in the lower body from the hips down and not spinning on my heel. Moved the ball forward in my swing to about 50/50 in my stance. Not comfortable moving the ball forward any more cause i start to loose the draw and i start catching too much ground before the...
Thanks mvmac, that makes a lot of sense. I see just how much more dramatic of a forward lean Stenson sets up. Now that i started videoing myself i see how much less active my swing is. Much less lean, shift, knee bend, etc. This is literally the first time i have seen my own swing on video that i created. I did a video session with a local golf clinic once but just couldn't substantiate the cost, so i went on my own in studying a swing. I have been trying to lock my left...
OK sot there were some points I am not following. There are a number of theories including Pete Cowen's about striking down on the ball. How is this achieved if the ball is forward of center? From watching Stenson he seems to place the ball farther back in his stance than most relative to each club and hits down into the ground. He uses a full body turn and drives down. HIs release is low and around his body rather then around his neck because of how he makes his arms and...
I tried his swing technique for a while from what i was able to get from the internet and then the ebook from Secret in the Dirt. I was able to get a lot out of it for driver but i had a difficult time getting the hang of it with irons and wedges. Funny story, one day i was at the range practicing Moe Normans stance, the way he held the club in line with his forearm? I actually had someone come up to me try getting me out of using the stance, LOL. He was an older guy that...
Thanks, going to check that out.