or Connect

Posts by march11934

I was addressing Trevino's references about challenging pros with long courses while there is a way of setting up a golf course to be challenging without the length, hence Merion. So in summary of my point No i don't believe a course needs to be very long to challenge modern tour pros. Never mentioned a beginner taking it on, nor would a beginner enjoy playing any course that is set up for PGA competition standards for that matter...
I don't see how length is a good excuse to make a course challenging, just expensive. Merion did a pretty good job of humbling the field in 2013 at a shade under 7000 yards. Looked it up and Rose won with a 1 over par 281. I recall the talking heads going on about how the field was going to shred the "little" course. Who fooled who? The tour wants to show all the bombed drives they can. I guess accuracy, good golf course management and playing smart doesn't give as much...
I recall having posted some negative feelings about Golf Galaxy in my area. They just recently built a new and much larger one maybe a mile from where I work. So i stop in from time to time just to browse the new stuff. I have interacted with a few of the guys there and maybe they are all new hires or a different managerial direction in that store but everyone i have spoken with has been great. Just recently went through some fittings for a 3 wood and a putter. They...
Ahhh. you think march11934 is my birth date? (1934)   ...    11934 was a zip code. 
No, in my forties. No wonder your questioning my distance. I have no idea where your finding this info, i looked around and the only thing i can find is my join date. Not in my 80's.    I figured out my pull issue. My grip. Strong left hand (i can see most of my knuckles) with a right handed swing. I keep varying away from it and gradually loose control of my swing until i remember to strengthen it and everything comes back. I find my left hand effects the quality of the...
Yep, i do hit my G25 3 Wood 250 without an issue. If i lay into it it can go a bit further. And yes unfortunately whatever i am doing with driver is starting to cary over to my 3 Wood. I normally play from the Blue tee's and leaving driver out of the bag would make some holes a bit more difficult. The other day I was trying a G30 3 Wood as was getting up to 109mph  265+. Prior to this duck hook thing.... probably something i have to spend some time and work out. This...
Well i met with an instructor Saturday morning. Made a correction with my stance. Said my left shoulder was up too high and tense. So i flattened out my shoulders and seemed to get a nice draw and plenty of distance.   today i went out to play a round. Pretty easy course with wide fairways. What a disaster. I am not hooking my 3 Wood along with my driver.   No solution. I suck.
Interesting read, I'm going through the same exact thing. Driver has caused my to have fits on par 5's. I have recently switched to 3 wood for almost all Par 4's cause I'm loosing faith in my driver. Used to be one of my favorite clubs in the bag. Back when it was having no problem hitting driver it was the only club that would go with a slight fade. Everything else from 3 wood to wedge was a draw. I didn't mind it. It was actually not a bad thing cause i would use driver...
Sounds like someone owe's you a 20 spot.
I game with MP52's but practice hitting into a net with a spare set of MP33's. There is a little adjustment in the top line thickness of the 52's but that is it. Overall I try to practice my tempo with the 33's as they are a little heavier and harder to get fast on the back swing.