or Connect

Posts by baw1

This is interesting stuff.When you look at the Grant Waite section, bottom left quadrant ( @ ~9:50).As he gets to the top, it appears that his weight/pressure is all on left side, but it is actually on the right side."..as the right leg decreases flex it is pushing downward (adding pressure into the ground).."At the top he is 40% left and 60% right.
Appreciate your feedback!
 I think you misinterpreted my comment. I am not "critiquing" TW. Whom am I to critique the #1 player in the world  (LOL).  It was really more of a question/curiosity based on my learnings so far..
Thanks Mike and everyone else for their feedback. I really appreciate it. Its nice to know that I am on a better path now (no pun intended :) ).   As far as the knee/hip action in the takeaway, I found that to be very helpful for me to get into proper position at the top. The swing thought/s being to come "down" on my left side (knee/shoulder) as I rotate backwards to the top. Perhaps I am over doing it at this point though.   As far as Tiger's swing (nice music btw),...
I decided to get some more structured one-on-one sessions and signed up at GolfTec. My swing flaws were identified immediatly with the slow motion cameras and sensors/software. I really thought my swing was much better than it was, but after seeing it in slow motion, I realized my fundamentals were way off. We sorta went back to the basics and rebuilt the stance, grip, backswing, and downsing.   Right now I am focusing hard on transition/forward-weight-transfer and...
        I can't put myself in your shoes (although I will be there soon enough too). One of the first rounds I ended up playing was at a private country club (through a friend of a friend). I played with 2 other guys who were 86 and 68 respectively (age not handicap). Both are great golfers and get out 3 times a week during the season. Granted they have been playing for most of their lives, I was still quite impressed at their skill and energy level.         I am in the...
Ok, thanks. When I was hitting today, I tried hard not to move my lower body, offering resistance as I rotated back with my upper body. However, I found it hard to go very far back and also felt some body/back pain. However, I was making a conscious effort NOT to move my knees. After looking at some more swings online and re-reading this thread, it seems that I may have misunderstood a bit and it's in fact ok (and necessary) to move left knee downward. Is this correct?...
I just joined the group and came across your thread. Although I am younger than you (44), I am a complete beginner (4 months) and share many of your thoughts, concerns, and frustarations. I thought you might be interested in hearing a fellow beginner's perspective.   -  Have I about max'ed out my driving distance now?     I strongly doubt that. In all likelihood, your swing mechanics are not correct (yet). If you are using mostly arms (vs body) for sure.   -  What can...
        I spent a couple hours today shooting at the net again. I tried to incorporate the above, but struggled quite a bit with it. Most of my shots (when contact was made) were skyballs. Body posture/positions didn't feel right(or comfortable either). I alternated between a a 6-iron and a driver. I was still "folding in" on my left side so that's part of the problem. However, I tried something with the driver that may be a small breakthrough for me. I did a very simple...
  Yes, unfortunately on this particular practice area, the mat is not quite long enough (I think). I practice at a couple of domes as well and outside of course when its warmer. Same swing pretty much everywhere. I will see if I can extend the mat or even go without it to eliminate any balance issues...