or Connect

Posts by baw1

Thanks again for clarifying this. I guess one of may takeaways from this is not to pay TOO much attention to the listed scorecard distance for individual holes. It's only a starting reference point. I played at a course today that had special signs on many of the tees with exact tee-to-flag distances listed for each tee (as they were set up today). Have not seen that before. Since I don't use a range finder, this was helpful to know..
Thanks for your response. If I am following correctly, the "total" yardage when it is all said and done should be fairly close to the total on the scorecard (for those tees). Regardless if on several holes there is no distance difference between middle and back tees (tee markers together for those holes). It sounds like my other assumption that the "207" distance or "233" distance are maintained may not be necessarily true though. In other words the distance number on the...
I am a relative newbie to the game so apologies if this is a basic question/s. I searched for clues on it but could not find much info.   When entering your score into a handicap system, you need to also specify the tees that were used (back, middle, or front). The slope/rating for each is different and therefore has an impact. As an example,  a par-3 hole distance for the middle-tees is listed on the scorecard as 207. The distance for the back tees on that same hole is...
Oops. Looks like I misspoke on the correct rules. The options for the lost ball scenario (excluding out-of-bounds or water hazard situations) are to take a provisional (as you state) or to walk back to the tee and and replay from there + 1-stroke penalty (stroke and distance). Apparently there is no option for dropping at all (if I read the rules correctly). A couple of observations: 1) The assumption with the provisional ball use case is that you are pretty sure your ball...
I am curious as to whether there is a conflict or contradiction in terms of following the scoring "rules" and keeping proper pace/etiquette on the course (at the same time). If I hit my drive 10 yards off the fairway and cannot find the ball within a quick reasonable timeframe, the "right" thing to do in order not to slow down the group behind and/or other players in your group, is drop one and play on (with a penalty stroke added on). So my score is negatively impacted by...
I echo many of the sentiments here on price and length of play.   I would add what for me is the most perplexing thing (at least at the current time). Golf success, as it is measured, is too hard to attain. There needs to be better benchmarks or metrics/analytics for beginner/novice players. There is a huge gap between starting out and getting to be "average". So examples may be breaking 130, breaking 120, breaking 110, getting one or more pars in a single round, getting...
Congrats. I am jealous and curious as to your journey as well. I picked up the game for the 1st time at the end of last Summer (I am 44). Played around ~25 rounds so far. Had 2 sets of lessons. Practice a lot. Best score so far was 108. Last few rounds went back up though to 122, 120, & 116. I set a goal to break 100 by this season's end (oct/nov timeframe).
This is interesting stuff.When you look at the Grant Waite section, bottom left quadrant ( @ ~9:50).As he gets to the top, it appears that his weight/pressure is all on left side, but it is actually on the right side."..as the right leg decreases flex it is pushing downward (adding pressure into the ground).."At the top he is 40% left and 60% right.
Appreciate your feedback!
 I think you misinterpreted my comment. I am not "critiquing" TW. Whom am I to critique the #1 player in the world  (LOL).  It was really more of a question/curiosity based on my learnings so far..